• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weird happening in the Old Chateau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Shadow

A little retroactive continuity never hurt nobody. You could have the origin story and then decide to elaborate on it later.

Anyway, I have a tendency to listen to Silent Hill music for ambience, so of course going through the Old Chateau, at night, was a far creepier experience than it had any right to be. I like that they added those little touches; it really adds a nice ambience, even if you can't interact with them. It would have been nice to have a little plotline (perhaps exorcising the house and allowing the spirits to move on?), but as it stands, it's a nifty little bonus to an otherwise uninteresting location.

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
Makes me miss the "exorcist" trainers from Gold and Silver...don't it now? I found it kinda creepy, i like the nice touch that you actually make the haunted mansion haunted, and not in the obvious way (e.i. ghost Pokemon).

Emerald 2006

He's haunting the place cause he's sad that
he killed the guy that previously owned the mansion. *Shakes Head*
I dunno. He's a ghost. What else do you want to know? :)

*Evil Laugh, then Disappears*

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
He's haunting the place cause he's sad that
he killed the guy that previously owned the mansion. *Shakes Head*
I dunno. He's a ghost. What else do you want to know? :)

*Evil Laugh, then Disappears*

It's always the butler, isn't it. The only logical thing behind the Chateu is that Charon probably once lived there. I'm guessing he's just a butler, living his old lifestyle over and over and over and over again, similar to the machines in There will Come Soft Rains. As Charon is (presumably) hale and hearty, I don't think the butler killed anyone (except maybe the girl, muahahahah *cough*).

Ammako

Wait, you're affraid just because some pixels float instead of walking?

Wow. Just, wow.

Oh, and KingRaichu, the ghosts were there in D/P, and Charon wasn't in D/P.

Emerald 2006

I wasn't even thinking that when I wrote it!
(It's always the butler that does it.)
But, yeah, it's always him. LOL! :D

(ROFL @ evil laugh and cough)

*Evil Laugh, then disappears.*

Last edited:

Competitive5910

Codename:ArseusEater
Alright, so I'm skimming the far-right and second to the right rooms of the second floor, looking for Gengar, when something remarkably creepy happened. I exited the far-right room and passed through the the hall into the second-right room, and then, the camera view shifted to focus on the last room (that I just exited.) In the empty room, there's a little girl standing right in the middle of the corridor. (Her sprite is the same as that used for the 'twin' type trainers, with the distinctive bow.) She looks around in all directions, then walks out the door to the hallway. I ran into the hall to pursue her, but she was gone. I came back to the Old Chateau later, repeated the same sequence, and she appeared again! It's bizarre. Does anyone know what's going on? I'm creeped out... ;355;

For some strange reason i wasn't creeped out until i realized that they were ghosts while going on serebii like 2 months later >_>. I was like cool a little girl is here, what the heck she's gone? Oh well back to training.

Ammako

If you get creeped out by some music playing in your game and some pixels floating instead of walking, you should have some kind of problem. You should sell your game.

Chaos Shadow

If you get creeped out by some music playing in your game and some pixels floating instead of walking, you should have some kind of problem. You should sell your game.

No need to be like that. Some people just get into the ambience of the game. There are times when you just want to let go of sensibility and feel the mood they're suggesting.

Ammako

But that's still some pixels floating instead of walking... Even if I wanted to i couldn't manage to be scared of it.

The music isn't even scary.

charigod

charizard tamer
they just want to steal your soul....just kidding=). no, they are in d/p too just as a little extra that has no meaning or purpose

charigod

charizard tamer
No need to be like that. Some people just get into the ambience of the game. There are times when you just want to let go of sensibility and feel the mood they're suggesting.
that is true, i know i've done that

Wiway

Conqueror of Isshu
Something that scared me much more than those ghosts in the old chateau was when I was searching for Giratina in Diamond for the first time.It was around midnight when I was sitting in my room,all around was dark,I entered the turnback cave and didn´t know what to do or where to go.I unfortunately couldn´t even use defog because I didn´t have a Pokémon with that move on my team so I had to keep searching for Giratina while the fog was still all around.I used my bike to come through the empty rooms faster.And as I really didn´t expect to find Giratina I entered a room and drove straight upwards through the fog with my bike and suddenly without any warning that giant moster Giratina was standing right in front of me.I was SO scared,imagine it happens to you at night in the dark when you don´t expect it...and the fog and the creepy music in the turnback cave weren´t really unscarry too...I´ll never forget that :D

Emerald 2006

*Laughs @ Wiiway for his scary story* had a little drive into Giratina?
you should remember he's a ghost, too... hahahaha.

*Evil laugh, then Disappears*

PokeFan2009

lol i never saw the girl but when i was playing my Diamond going to get rotom i thought "i wonder whats in that door downstairs?" so i went in but it was midnight and i saw the butlers ghost and i saw he had no feet and he glided away and i was like"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!" i actually did scream LOL.

charles711

just another BAMF
ive seen all the spirits, they didnt scare me they just suprised me XD
but on another note do you think Charon used to live there? his journal said Rotom came from a lawn mower motor(rotomXD) and the grass there is overgrown, and the obvious fact that you catch rotom there.

but im just making a guess, tell me if im wrong.

Emerald 2006

Yeah, they should have madee an extra character nearby the Chateau
nearby where you use cut to get in, you should talk to that character,
and the character would say something like "Oh, the little girl and butler?
oh yes, they've been dead for X amount of years. They haunt the Old Chateau to this day..."

*VERY evil laugh, then Diappears*

Status
Not open for further replies.