• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weird happening in the Old Chateau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon of miracle

Meh... I don't care
Those ghost is just for fun and make the Old Chateau real. Of course, no one would call it haunted if it doesn't have a ghost, right?

the soul of silver

The Hero of Johto
they are ghosts. they only appear at night.... they scare the crap out of me when im alone....

sunny13

Proud Importer of HG
I never go into the Old Chateau at night anymore. (Unless I'm Sp. Atk EV training.) And if I do I never go in those rooms. It freaks me out. I saw the butler once and I almost screamed. Lol.

The Old Chateau never scared me
I went in there alot to get items and train my pokemon ;P
I saw the buttler once in my Daimond version but I didnt realize it was a ghost until later :S

so I guess thats why, in the Platinum version, Gardenia's all freaked out about that place XD

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
The Old Chateau never really scared me... although I thought my game was glitched when the eyes on the painting in the room with the TV disappeared. I always thought the ghosts were cool, and (strangely enough) I kinda wish you could talk to them or battle them or something. I also thought the "Maleviolent TV" was just random until I learned you could get a Rotom from it at night.
I go into the Old Chateau to hatch my eggs. Why? Because its so cool to go to your Pokemon's stats page and read "Hatched in Old Chateau".
I wish the Old Chateau had a better item... because the Old Gateau is exactly like a Full Heal...
I also don't get why Rotom is in a TV. TV's don't have motors, do they?

mxe567

AVOID MY STINGER XD
It wasn't scary just weirdx3
I wasn't sure if the people were there or not

Animega90

The Casual Observer
In Diamond, when I first saw the girl it freaked the hell outa me... I thought I broke the game XD
(used an AR, and now has 99-infinate Explorer kits in the mail section of his bag on that game)
But now I know its just a ghost

Mokoko

Flaffy Trainer
I heard a story that if you go to the dining room and head for the middel of the tabel you will fight a gold Genger (spelling) and if you win you go to the room with the pictur with the eys that folow you the old man ghost will pull you in and you can cech a shyny Celibii (selling)! I tryd it but it didnt work. Weard Stoy Thou

JohtoDex

I just went to the Old Chateau fot the first time in Platinum today. This may be old news (I didn't see anything about it in this thread) bu if you go in the small room on the right on the second floor and read the stack of books, it says,

"It's an old notebook. There's something scrawled in it... 'Some...hing so pecu...r shou... make off ...ith the mot...' The rest of the pages are blank."

Which must be "Somthing so peculiar should make off with the motor." Interesting how it all comes together.

I think I checked the rest of the notebooks in the Chateau, but I found nothing else.

Elrade

Snarky snark snark.
Oh, those ghosts are out to get you...tonight at eleven pm when you look at the nearest window...bam! You'll see the curtain.

But seriously, they're just ghosts that serve no purpose other than adding to the eerieness.

I'm going to have nightmares tonight. Thanks.

Gallade20772

GAME OVER.
It's a sequence. Once you have done that go into the tv room at night and it should say, "Do you want to thump the tv?" (LOL) and you will battle LV16
Rotom (I think it's LV16 anyway).

Illusione-Tempus

Actually I found those ghosts to be quite amusing! Especially when Gardenia was scared about going there... Just a secret, since I like those ghosts, and I kept on coming back to see more of them :p
Too bad I rarely bring my Cut Slave ^_^;

I will transfer a ;479;Rotom from Pearl instead.

I did that just to complete the Sinnoh Platinum Dex...

so I guess thats why, in the Platinum version, Gardenia's all freaked out about that place XD

I thought at DP she's also freaked out =/

It's a sequence. Once you have done that go into the tv room at night and it should say, "Do you want to thump the tv?" (LOL) and you will battle LV16
Rotom (I think it's LV16 anyway).

Maybe you mean at lv 20...

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Milotic- She is freaked out but in Plat there's a bit more dialogue, when you battle her again up in the survivial area she mentions something about it.

Those ghosts do kinda creep me out too but doesn't stop me. Btw those red eyes in the purple painting is Genger isn't it? And is there a way to capture Gengar? I seen info tell me you can (I am sure the Plat guide even says you can catch one somehow)

Illusione-Tempus

Those ghosts do kinda creep me out too but doesn't stop me. Btw those red eyes in the purple painting is Genger isn't it? And is there a way to capture Gengar? I seen info tell me you can (I am sure the Plat guide even says you can catch one somehow)

You mean inserting any GBA Pokemon Cartridge and then you can catch one at that room... Read to be sure

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Interesting so can happen, but I encountered some ghost Pokemon in that room with GBA games inserted yet I haven't come across a Genger

Status
Not open for further replies.