• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weird Little Things You Do

V

Shiny Hunter
What are some of your weird habits or things you do?

I check behind the shower curtain whenever I go in the bathroom. I also won't sleep with a closet door open.

I put my 3DS on charge even when only a quarter of the battery is used up, because I am strange.

Qucas

Since I went to Culinary school, I spend a lot of time standing and eating, instead of sitting down.

Darato

(o,..,o)
When someone tells me I can't do something that shouldn't have any impact on their life, I make a point to do it and make sure they know it's being done.

Example 1:

One of my neighbors didn't like the fact I supported Obama in 2012, and often complained to the condo manager that I had a sign in my window although he was okay with signs he supported, and he yelled at me to take it down. Instead, I put up more signs facing his place, along with an Obama cutout, and always made sure to have some kind of an Obama shirt on when I was outside around the place. Even after the election was over, as my way to say don't tell me what to do.

Example 2:

Last year when I was getting my bathroom remodeled another neighbor in the building I'm in freaked the hell out about it, not because of the noise or anything, but because he was pissed off I could do it and he couldn't. Because of how he treated me during it, by calling the city to try to get it shut down and everything, I made sure he suffered I fair extent. I helped another neighbor with some remodel they did in their kitchen, saw three neighbors move out and the people buy the condos do a lot of remodel, now another neighbor moving out and some remodel going on there, and every time he's out I talk, about how my kitchen is getting done this coming year. As well as have my Wi-Fi name set as something that he doesn't like

Just to name a couple

L.F.D.

fango pango

You're My Man Of War
When I'm going up or down stairs, or over like manhole covers, I'll always have to get off them with my left foot up. If there's 13 steps when I reach 13 if my right foot is up something is very wrong for me.

! Q

I do what I want!
I build up static charges like a sheep in a sweater factory. Especially in winter.
It get so bad that I periodically touch grounded metal (like a lightning rod) so I can discharge and shock myself while I expect it, so I don't jump when I shock myself and don't expect it.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
When I get really happy, I make the noise that the pillsbury doughboy makes. It's pretty automatic so I find it funny.

HM02gon

Waiting...
Oh goodness, that is my one distinct bone of contention with winter! Though I've never tried touching grounded metal, and as such, I get paranoid every winter about it and constantly pull my sleeves over my hands. :S

I always do that whenever I have to turn on a TV without a remote (wait this still exist yes they do)
I also have my own series of swear words, most of them relating to chocolate pastries.

ChrysalisShockx

The Forgotten Man
I always peel off the skin on my lips when it becomes dry and then the consequent scabs causing for bleeding to occur. Doesn't help I talk a lot so my mouth is always dry.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
I always peel off the skin on my lips when it becomes dry and then the consequent scabs causing for bleeding to occur. Doesn't help I talk a lot so my mouth is always dry.

I used to do that a lot as well, but as I've been wearing lipstick more frequently nowadays, I don't do it as much (out of fear of ruining it). When I do do it, I like to suck the blood out.

Well, I sometimes have a habit of overdressing for things - i.e. wearing a really unique and somewhat fancy outfit while doing everyday things such as going to school (it's college, so I'm not as worried about people making fun of me for it), going out to eat, going grocery shopping... casual things. Sometimes I've had people ask me what the occasion was, and at one point I had someone ask me if I was performing at a show. XP Nope, just going about daily life.

Also, at my mom's house, there's a wastebasket in the restroom which I like to call the "keratin bin", because it only holds hair (when it falls out while combing and such) - though I've put nail clippings in there too.

I also speak with a rather unique accent by my own choice, and have fun listening to people try to guess what it is - I've had people think it sounds vaguely British, Australian, Bostonian, or even South African. And atypically of the region where I live, I spell certain words differently - most notably colour, favourite, and faery.

Vern

Why not both?
I tend to not cut my fingernails for a long long time. Which doesn't help because I play the guitar, and my mom is always telling me they are "girly". So what. It's a ritual thing. There's also the thing that I don't really care how I look.

And, I also like to stare out the window for hours on end. For no reason.

Pink Harzard

So majestic
I sometimes have sudden hiccups. It is just one but everyone can hear it. This happens most often in a crowd or when I am in class. Especially on a silent moment. :/

I also have the tendency to make up words and swear words. Sometimes I even swear with names of legendary Pokémon.

Edit: I forgot one. Sometimes I have the tendency to scratch my ears like a dog does. Only then with my hands off course.

Last edited:

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
1. I also wont sleep with doors open in a cuboard.
2. I tend to sit for hours thinking about philosophical stuff
3. Not to cut my nails ( i am lazy)

fitzy909

Just another guy
I rub my fingernails when I'm nervous. I don't know why, but I do? I save twice when playing games, because I'm paranoid about losing my progress.

V

Shiny Hunter
When I get really excited, I sort of sharply breathe in and make a "squee" sort of sound a rub my hands together.

I have a Charizard hat that I wear everywhere. I think it embarrasses my mother though.