• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weird Little Things You Do

Terry93D

I have music running through my head. Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Pokemon, Zelda, there's always something playing. Or, increasingly, Jim Mortimore's Glasst Works, both volumes. Though it's starting to fade in favor of, on rare occasions, metaphysical contemplation, or more commonly, story- and idea-making.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I have music running through my head. Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Pokemon, Zelda, there's always something playing. Or, increasingly, Jim Mortimore's Glasst Works, both volumes. Though it's starting to fade in favor of, on rare occasions, metaphysical contemplation, or more commonly, story- and idea-making.

I have pretty much same thing. There is always something playing in my head, either Pokemon, Mass Effect or Zelda, specially Sacred Grove theme.

-Raiga-

Whenever I walk ANYWHERE, whether it be on the sidewalk, street, up/down stairs, etc. I am very adamant about being on the right side. Even if someone is like a mile down the sidewalk walking on *their* left side, I will deliberately walk firmly on my right until I force them to switch, thinking subconciously I'm teaching them a lesson or something haha.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I lock the bathroom door when showering even if I'm home alone. IDK why I do that. Out of habit I guess

I do that, too. It probably is out of habit, though I guess I just like the security.

I have pretty much same thing. There is always something playing in my head, either Pokemon, Mass Effect or Zelda, specially Sacred Grove theme.

Same here. Sometimes I sway a little to the music if I'm standing around long enough like an idle animation lol, or if I'm just bored and I'm looking around unsure what to do.

I've developed verbal tics over the years, so sometimes when I sigh (or even just under my breath just because), it's almost like a "chu" (yup, like Pikachu). It's sometimes also a "hau", but it's more noticeable if I'm talking to someone--mostly I just make cute little noises (so a few people have pointed out). I also tend to say "you know" and "so" a lot, usually at the end of sentences as a way for me to just trail off.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
I do that, too. It probably is out of habit, though I guess I just like the security.

Same here. Sometimes I sway a little to the music if I'm standing around long enough like an idle animation lol, or if I'm just bored and I'm looking around unsure what to do.

I've developed verbal tics over the years, so sometimes when I sigh (or even just under my breath just because), it's almost like a "chu" (yup, like Pikachu). It's sometimes also a "hau", but it's more noticeable if I'm talking to someone--mostly I just make cute little noises (so a few people have pointed out). I also tend to say "you know" and "so" a lot, usually at the end of sentences as a way for me to just trail off.

wow ur tics are pretty neat imo

I say Pika before I sneeze.

When I'm washing dishes, and cleaning the knives, I put more effort into the knives than the other items also I can't listen listen to music and not lip-sync to the lyrics or tap my fingers or foot to the rythmn of the song

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
I save my Pokemon game like after everything. Better safe than sorry!

Me too.

But as for weird things... I like rubbing strands of my hair that a couple of times my hair sticks out like an antena. I know it's weird, but I can't help it. My hair feels nice.

And then perhaps my laugh? I have various kinds of laughs. The classic ha ha laugh. The snorting kind of laugh (yes, smort). Snickers. But the only laugh I can do at certain times is what I like to call my breatheless laugh. When I'm very happy, I laugh really loud and long that at some point, I sound like I'm losing my breathe (if you wanna hear the closest thing to that, watch Manny after the Chasm of Death in Ice Age 3).

Oh, and I pace around if I imagine something awesome. Or stare out into the distance.

I have a Charizard hat that I wear everywhere. I think it embarrasses my mother though.

Aw... I wish I had a Charizard hat...

Oh, and I dance weirdly whenever I sing "Kings and Queens" from the Horrible Histories show.
Wen a song I like comes one the radio, I get ridiculously excited. Like, "Oh my god I love this song yay!!!" Bouncing up and down, the whole thing. And then I can't help but sing along

Me too. XD Especially the reaction to hearing it.

Last edited:

Aurea

Sees into your soul!
I can't have things in twos, I need them in threes. So, let's say I pick up some sweets from a bag and I pick two of them up, I'll need to take a third one.

Also, if I accidentally touch something, I'll need to touch it again because I feel like when I touched it the first time I'll have given myself 'bad luck' so I need to touch it again to 'reverse' the 'bad luck' ~

TheGuy131

Revolutionary
I divide by zero with a calculator until something happens. The calculator batter usually dies before anything implodes. Such a shame.

Marmist

Dark Type Trainer
I have a bad habit of biting the skin below by fingernails. Initially, it was just the cliche biting of the actual fingernails. Never because I was nervous, it was just a habit. But it evolved into biting my fingertips for some reason, and I can't seem to break it.
Also, I do have a tendency to zone out for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
And lastly, I find myself pacing around for no other reason then to just pace around. This started happening when I joined the wrestling team, so that may have something to do with it...?

I also won't sleep with a closet door open.

I thought I was the only one who did this.

Along with that:
- When paying a Pokemon game, I will save multiple times (maybe no more than three times) to make sure my progress is saved. I don't do this that much anymore, but occasionally, yes.Also, If I don't see the '____ saved the game!' line, I will save again to make sure I see it.

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
I thought I was the only one who did this.

Along with that:
- When paying a Pokemon game, I will save multiple times (maybe no more than three times) to make sure my progress is saved. I don't do this that much anymore, but occasionally, yes.Also, If I don't see the '____ saved the game!' line, I will save again to make sure I see it.

I sometimes do that, but other times I forget I saved right after I saved.

TamagoSan

I always go to sleep facing away from the wall. I can never look at it.
My nails always get really long before I cut them. Think that's just me being lazy though.
When I'm bored I go onto the internet and read descriptions for things I'll never buy.
In every video game I play I always save after everything I do out of fear of losing data, however small the 'thing' is. I saved 5 times when I caught my first shiny two days ago.
I always try to step on the smoothest concrete when I'm walking on a path, even if it means crossing the road.

Also, if I accidentally touch something, I'll need to touch it again because I feel like when I touched it the first time I'll have given myself 'bad luck' so I need to touch it again to 'reverse' the 'bad luck' ~

I also do this as well as a similar thing where if I touch something with my right hand, I almost always touch it with my left or the hand that didn't feels weird for the rest of the day.

Last edited:
Couple more things I do in Pokemon games:

- The amount of some items I'll use late game all have to be the same number.
Example: currently in OR, I have 75 Dusk/Ultra/Quick balls, 40 Hyper/Max Potions and Full Restores and 100 Super/Max Repels

- I'll use the Repels I have evenly. As in, if I use three of the 100 Max Repels I have, I have to use 3 of the 100 Super Repels next to even everything out.

- If I use just one of the above mentioned items, I will, most of the time, replace just that one item, as if that single item will save me later.

JustJeff

Through the Skys
Whenever I go to a retail store, I ask if they have a Scarf or Gloves for sale. I'm starting to wear scarves everywhere now. They feel nice.

Chaerolis

Vagabond
I talk to my cat on a daily basis and actually understand what he tries to tell me back.

Icarus Frond

Pokemon Wizard
Plucking any nearby leaves, as well as folding them and tearing them.
I don't know why really.

Same! I am strangely attracted to crispy leaves.

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
- I clean whenever it's not mine. At home, I'm kind of a slob, but take me out of my environment and I become a housekeeper. I've had friends pay me to clean their apartments before.
- I crack my joints in 20 minute intervals. Like, consistently and without thinking. I was part of a class study once, and that's the one thing an observer told me. At least once every 20 minutes, I'd crack my knuckes or rotate my ankles or pop my shoulders. Or, at least, I'd try to. Sometimes I'd attempt to re-pop the same finger joints three or four times in ten minutes
- I chew things as constantly as I can. Pens, pencils, anything rubber or plastic. Yes, gum, but I like things with less give to them. It's why I always have 3 or more pens on me at all times, because I know I can't borrow other people's without returning a chew toy
- Laugh at my own jokes at random moments, or laugh at other peoples jokes that I found funny only after I repeated them. I've broken many a silent classroom with an accidental outburst over a funny I'd said back in 2003

I talk to my cat on a daily basis and actually understand what he tries to tell me back.
Oh yeah? Well what's the name your cat's given you, then? Can't be your human name, since cats don't speak in human!