• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weird Little Things You Do

Since I went to Culinary school, I spend a lot of time standing and eating, instead of sitting down.

I tend to do the same but it's because I am too impatient to sit and eat. It's odd since Indian food plates tend to be heavy!

I also subconsciously adjust my T-shirt while in public.

wolfgaming18

Does anybody ever stare at there pet and wonder what they are thinking?

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
- I clean whenever it's not mine. At home, I'm kind of a slob, but take me out of my environment and I become a housekeeper. I've had friends pay me to clean their apartments before.

Do that same thing. Hahaha.

I also.... I squeak I guess. Can't get out of the habit even when I'm trying to be serious. It's not exactly just a mouse squeak. Its like... grunting? but more high pitchy like meeps, peeps, things like that. I do it when I'm thinking to myself, someone grabs me, I get startled, or others that I can't think of.

SkyTheAbsol

Dark-Type Fanatic
Oh yes, I also happen to do good on tests in classes I think I'm bad at, and vise versa when I'm in classes I think I'm good at.

I do this literally all the time. My best grades are in classes that have nothing to do with my major which I'm taking just to fulfill the requirements.

Then there are the classes I actually -like-, but apparently I'm just bad at taking any sort of tests on the subject.

Spacial

procrastination
When I hear/read a word, I think of the letters in my head the way you would on an old phone keypad: abc, def, ghi, jkl, mno, pqrs, tuv, wxyz. If any of the letters which are next to each other are in the same group... Wait a sec, I'll give an example: 'nothing'. The letters n and o, and h and i are next to each other and in the same group. I don't like this. Instead, in my head I will switch letters around and/or add in different letters so that 'nothing' becomes 'nithyng'. However I always try to keep the letters the same number, which is something else - a is 1, as it takes one tap on an old phone keypad to produce. b is 2, c is 3. d is 1, e is 2, f is 3 etc. If I'm replacing a letter, such as the o and the i in 'nothing', I aim to change them into something of the same number. o is 3, and so is i which fits. i is 3 and so is o (vowels are a first choice) which doesn't fit because of the n. y is 3 and it fits.

EDIT: I also do this.
I also do this as well as a similar thing where if I touch something with my right hand, I almost always touch it with my left or the hand that didn't feels weird for the rest of the day.

Britters

Dobby's Sock
Bite my nails and skin around my nails. Pick at scabs. Apparently this is a thing anxious people do, so that explains it. Though I'm not that terribly anxious anymore, it's been happening since childhood. Oh, and cracking my toes and fingers.

I don't like the sounds of an air conditioner on in my bathroom, more so when I was little. The VHS rewinding and the bath tub draining made me anxious when I was tiny too. The past few years I always fall asleep in a position where I am laying on my arm.

Platina2000

-I have a Zelda sword and shield necklace I wear everywhere I go
-I fold the tips of my socks overhead my toes when I put my shoes on so the seam doesn't go under my feet and bother me
-My bedroom door must always be closed when I sleep
-At night, I need to sleep with no light what-so-ever, not even the tiniest dot
-I never eat instant ramen without my plastic chopsticks

I'm sure there's more, but this is all I can remember right now.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Plucking any nearby leaves, as well as folding them and tearing them.
I don't know why really.

Man, this. I have that strange habit of getting one and carry it with me and will smell it from minute to minute. I love their ´watery´fragance. People usually call me weird.
By the way, when I get some leaves it have to NOT be on odd numbers. It'll have to be 2, 4, 6, 8, etc. Can't be a single or three of 'em. Same for like, everything. Two breads, not three or five or seven.

Wolfaotic

send smeargles
~I bite my nails.

~I tend to make growling noises like I'm a wolf/dragon.

~I have this weird thing with talking to myself.
Like, not aloud. Just in my head.

I'm weird, I know.

Skylander Sylveon

Top Coordinator
- After I say something I repeat it really quietly under my breath to see if I said that right so I can correct it if I didn't.
- I totally just stare at something for large quantities of time without blinking so someone notices and are like 'COOL THEY DIDN'T BLINK'.
- When I'm in public I crane my neck because after watching Nosferatu I'm all like 'NECKS!!'
- Sometimes I get this really chirpy voice and I bloody hate it.
- I inherited this weird high pitched demonic s******-grunt-laugh that people constantly comment on. B]
- I feel like if I give too much attention to a single toy the other toys will get jealous or sad and bully that toy which I pay attention to the most when I'm not looking.

NECKS!!

Inoth

Whenever I go to smash I bug I'll sometimes imitate the clicky noise that the predator makes.
Also I tend to laugh spontaneously when no one is around.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Sometimes when I yawn, I look like I'm possessed due to my habit of rolling my head. My jaw also make cracking noises sometime...

When I'm alone I always start talking to myself about what's on my mind. I do this when I'm alone in my room and when I'm outside. I look around to make sure if nobody is watching/listening.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I only use the lightswitch in the bathroom that doesn't turn on the fan because I hate the fan noise.
I always open a closed shower curtain when I go into a bathroom.
I can only have volumes on even numbers or 5's because I need symmetry.
I always correct misspelled words, even if it makes someone angry with me.
I make sure my Mac's dock is coordinated by color. Blue icons are together, red icons together, blue icons, and so on.
My iPhone will never have an unfilled row of app icons. Each row must have four for symmetry.
I develop bouts of insomnia when annoying, repetitive noises occur when I'm trying to sleep. Currently, the fridge in the hotel I'm living in won't quit making this ridiculous (yet faint) sputtering noise, so I either cover my head with several pillows to drown it out or I won't sleep.
I organize the food on my plate so that it doesn't touch, and I turn the plate so the portion of the meal I'm eating is directly in front of me.
When eating a sandwich with a side dish, I make sure to eat all but one bite of the sandwich, then eat all of the side dish, then finish the last bite of the sandwich.
If I'm eating just a sandwich, I always throw away the very last bite.
If I'm drinking a bottled drink, I always pour out the very last drink in it.
If I'm eating a sweet (donut, cookies, etc) and I have assigned myself an amount of milk to drink with it (glassful, bottle, etc) I ration out the amount of the sweet I will eat between each drink of milk so there is exactly one gulp of milk left when I am finished with the sweet. Using 15 cookies as an example: 3 cookies, drink milk, 3 cookies, drink milk, 3 cookies, drink milk, 3 cookies, drink milk, 3 cookies, finish milk.
I almost always have to eat the same meal when watching a movie as with the first time I watched the movie. For example: I have to eat Kraft Deluxe Sharp Cheddar macaroni & cheese when watching Step-Brothers because that is the only thing that feels right to eat while watching it.
I like to set an alarm for 2 hours before I have to get up because I like knowing that I have 2 more hours to sleep.
I usually delete and retype posts I have made an error in because I can't leave an error and I hate the notice that shows I edited the post to correct an error.
I take my wedding ring off, flip it, and put it back on a lot.
I always check myself out in reflective surfaces because I am narcissistic, but I also always come up with a fake reason for doing so in the off-chance someone asks me why I was looking at myself.
If I commit a traffic violation or piss someone off when driving, I always develop a fake excuse in my head for doing so in the off-chance I get to explain why I did what I did.

Pokemon related:
I always organize my Pokemon boxes by type. If a Pokemon is dual-typed, I put it in the box I think it fits best (but fossil Pokemon always end up in the Rock box).
All of my Pokemon know moves according to my standard: if monotype, it will have 1 STAB attack, 1 Normal type attack, 1 coverage attack, and 1 status move. If dual typed, 1 STAB attack of each type, 1 coverage attack, and 1 status move. The only exceptions lie with Pokemon that have very specific abilities that could affect that and my E4 Sweeper Mewtwo.
If I am traded a Pokemon with a nickname I don't like, I will breed the Pokemon, train the offspring, and teach it the attacks of the horribly nicknamed parent. Then I Wonder Trade the parent.
I refuse to replace a Pokemon's signature move. For example, I use my level 100 Mewtwo as my E4 sweeper, but I refuse to teach anything worthwhile over Psystrike, even though it serves little to no use against the Hoenn Elite Four.
I use certain attacks because I feel like some super effective match-ups are more super effective than others. For example, I always use Ice Beam instead of Shadow Ball against Drifblim strictly because I have this feeling in my head that Ice is stronger against Flying than Ghost is against itself.

Pikachu900

i take the scarves off of my dolls and blow my nose in them when i'm at home instead of tissues. weird yet true. and the problem is that some are too thin yet i use them anyway. lol

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Sometimes when I am alone, listening to music, I start singing. I generally never sing, and I hate my singing vpice, making me so awkward and embarrassed. So when I sing, and start thinking "You sound silly!!" I automatically start singing in a Kermit-The-Frog voice instead...

Takeshino

武 志信
I use vaseline skin lotion on my hair. My hair feels 'softer' somehow that way. My hair is naturally slightly multicolured, i.e in normal light it looks brown, under sunlight it gets a slight copper colour, and up close blonde, ginger, reddish, black, grey and white hairs are identifiable.

Tangeh

I'm pretty much always fiddling with something. If it's small enough to fiddle with and it's within my reach, I'll probably be playing with it while doing other things. Lipbalm? I flick the cap on and off. Pen? Click it. Earbuds? They get swirled around like a helicopter. I usually hit myself with them before I realize I even had it in my hand in the first place (I've broken many a pair so I don't let myself have expensive ones... I'm lucky I've never injured my computer screen because the earbuds inevitably end up hitting it)... It's a really unconscious habit, I honestly don't notice unless I'm thinking about it (AKA now) or somebody points it out to me. I'll wring my hands if they aren't occupied (or put them in my pockets if I'm standing). Before I started typing this I was spinning my debit card around in my fingers. >_> (omfg I just stopped typing to proofread and I picked up a few coins and starting playing with them in my left hand why do I do this)

I suck at wearing any kind of jewelery because of this, as a side note. I constantly take bracelets off and even earrings if they don't have backs, etc... I still wear them but they get fiddled with way more than is appropriate. xD

Last edited:

Superteletubbies64

MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!
if I play pokemon x, save and don't touch my 3ds for a while after saving I willl save again before turning off to make sure I don't lose my progress even though it's unneccesary