• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weird moves certain Pokemon can or cannot learn

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

MrJechgo

I'm surprised that nobody mentioned it: Diglett and Dugtrio (all variants) can learn Scratch, Slash and other claw moves... when we STILL have no idea what's below the heads XDD What doesn't help the matter is that when a move that would physically moves Dugtrio across the battlefield, it (they?) remains buried neck deep, only revealing an inverted dirt cone-shaped "body" :p

Monox D. I-Fly

I'm surprised that nobody mentioned it: Diglett and Dugtrio (all variants) can learn Scratch, Slash and other claw moves... when we STILL have no idea what's below the heads XDD What doesn't help the matter is that when a move that would physically moves Dugtrio across the battlefield, it (they?) remains buried neck deep, only revealing an inverted dirt cone-shaped "body" :p
Maybe their lower body is like Tsumemon below:
150px-Tsumemon_Collectors_Baby_Card.jpg

MrJechgo

I feel like Sawbuck should get the equivalent of Nature Power, but locked to its seasonal form... and thus changes accordingly. Think Revelation Dance, but season-related :)

On that note, I could go on for form-changing Pokémon and how their movesets could be improved:
  • Eevee can learn a bunch of powerful moves in Let's Go, so slap them on its evolutions... with restrictions though :p
  • Oricorio is lacking a LOT of moves based on its non-Flying types, and considering that it can change according to migrating cycles, it wouldn't be odd to have Oricorio get Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball and Psychic... in one single moveset.
  • Wormadam could use moves from all 3 forms, maybe strong moves for its new types, but weak moves from the other two.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
After looking into Registeel's movepool to figure out what nature to synch to it, I find it absolutely disgusting he can't learn Gyro Ball. He's a literal steel ball with arms and legs.

Nodqfan

Heracross couldn't learn X-Scissor in Gen IV if I remember correctly. I don't know if that's been rectified in the newer games, but it always puzzled me that it couldn't learn said attack considering that its arms seem sharp enough to justify it learning that move.

Heracross still can't X-Scissor as of Gen VIII and it doesn't get U-Turn either which it along with some other Bug-types should get.

Umbreon does not get Poison Jab, Tail, and Sting along with Sludge Wave, Bomb, and Toxic Spikes but gets Sunny Day and Weather Ball

Luthor

After looking into Registeel's movepool to figure out what nature to synch to it, I find it absolutely disgusting he can't learn Gyro Ball. He's a literal steel ball with arms and legs.

It's one of those move's I'd just assume it had as a slow Steel type. If something like Duraladon, and Melmetal (and even its pre-evolution) can use it I would have have assumed Registeel did.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I think the Galar birds should get at least one move from their original typings. It frustrates me that Moltres in particular is still clearly on fire, but can't even get something like Heat Wave, which is learned by many other flying Pokemon.

Zapdos could definitely get Wild Charge; just look at how it runs around the Wild Area!

Luthor

I think the Galar birds should get at least one move from their original typings. It frustrates me that Moltres in particular is still clearly on fire, but can't even get something like Heat Wave, which is learned by many other flying Pokemon.

Zapdos could definitely get Wild Charge; just look at how it runs around the Wild Area!

The fire move when is comes to Galarian Moltres that sticks out to me is Burning Jealousy. Considering that a lot of the pokemon that get that move are dark types and it suits the the Pokemon from a thematic feel.

MrJechgo

Give Zapdos Bolt Beak... and watch it break the game :p

Ok, I know that it would be OP, but still, it would have made sense, since Zapdos is the only avian Electric/Flying Pokémon... and that move was given Dracovolt, which is technically not a bird, but a dino ^^;

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Ok, I know that it would be OP, but still, it would have made sense, since Zapdos is the only avian Electric/Flying Pokémon... and that move was given Dracovolt, which is technically not a bird, but a dino ^^;

Luthor

Kabutops cannot learn Earthquake despite being able to learn other ground type moves including dig and earth power. A lot of Other water types can get the move as well even other water/rock types like Dreadnaw and Tirtouga. I figured at some point in the past 8 gens it would have got the move.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Birds and dinosaurs both belong to the "archosaur" group, which I believe crocodilians also belong.