• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weird moves certain Pokemon can or cannot learn

MrJechgo

I didn’t mean to imply it was a “secret” but the possibility of having the wrong Remoraid disappearing if you have two in your party is probably why Mantine’s in game battle sprite no longer has Remoraid.
What I meant by "secret" is that there probably wasn't a NPC that revealed how Mantyke evolved, so you could "accidentally" evolve it with a Remoraid on your team, and if it disappeared, it would screw you over ^^;

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Here's an odd one. Ludicolo despite being a Water/Grass type gets all the elemental punches. In particular Fire punch is quite rare for a Grass or a water type.
And Luxray gets all Fang moves.

And yeah, Guts Luxray with Ice Fang is a ice thing, getting near-perfect coverage since it hits the grass and ground types that resist it.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
And Luxray gets all Fang moves.

And yeah, Guts Luxray with Ice Fang is a ice thing, getting near-perfect coverage since it hits the grass and ground types that resist it.
Not all Fang moves. Luxray doesn’t get Poison Fangs which makes sense. Poison Fangs is a Fang move that is boosted by Strong Jaw.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Not all Fang moves. Luxray doesn’t get Poison Fangs which makes sense. Poison Fangs is a Fang move that is boosted by Strong Jaw.
I said elemental fangs as in the "Fire, Ice and Thunder" set

MrJechgo

the remoraid would still be there
Well, that's the thing: the Remoraid doesn't disappear, so Mantine doesn't have it attached to it. In Mantyke evoled with a Remoraid THAT disappeared, that Mantine would have it... but you would lose a potentially good Remoraid ^^;

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I end up forgetting to put "elemental fangs" the first time but point taken.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Buzzwole gets acess to most of the elemental punches although Ice Punch which would hurt it since its a insect and they can't handle the cold. But it can't get Close Combat or Seismic Toss which would be easy for a something so muscular and can fly.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Buzzwole gets acess to most of the elemental punches although Ice Punch which would hurt it since its a insect and they can't handle the cold. But it can't get Close Combat or Seismic Toss which would be easy for a something so muscular and can fly.
Ice actually isn't even super effective against bug types, surprisingly enough. The ones that do have an ice weakness have it due to a secondary type they have, like butterfree's flying type, or parasect's grass type. If any elemental punch would be a problem for buzzwole, it'll be fire punch, as it does have a fire weakness.

I totally agree with the fighting type moves, though, you'd think buzzwole would be capable of those.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Grapploct is capable of learning Ice Punch, but can’t learn Fire Punch and Thunder Punch for some strange reason.
It's an octopus, so I guess it lives in the water and wouldn't be able to ignite its arm? And trying to electrify its arm would be a bad idea underwater (I guess that doesn't stop lanturn from being lanturn, but ehh).

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
It's an octopus, so I guess it lives in the water and wouldn't be able to ignite its arm? And trying to electrify its arm would be a bad idea underwater (I guess that doesn't stop lanturn from being lanturn, but ehh).
If it was Water/Fighting instead of being a pure Fighting type, I understand Grapploct not being able to learn Thunder Punch and Fire Punch. However, the fact that it’s still a pure Fighting type shouldn’t stop it from learning those two moves.

MidnightHo-Oh

If it was Water/Fighting instead of being a pure Fighting type, I understand Grapploct not being able to learn Thunder Punch and Fire Punch. However, the fact that it’s still a pure Fighting type shouldn’t stop it from learning those two moves.
It still lives in the water as an octopus, just as Stunfisk and Lugia each live in the water despite no Water-typing

Luthor

Dragapult can learn Dragon Claw but not shadow claw which is weird on its own. It also lacks both Poltergeist (which is a common move for alot of Ghosts because it is by move tutor) and Shadow Sneak (which I'd expect something ghostly and fast like Dragapult to get).

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Shadow Sneak sounds like only useful for situations like a Trick Room being up for someone having a priority move like Ice Shard.

Completly agreed on Shadow Claw and Polteageist though

Luthor

Shadow Sneak sounds like only useful for situations like a Trick Room being up for someone having a priority move like Ice Shard.

Completly agreed on Shadow Claw and Polteageist though

Yeah you're probably right on Shadow Sneak's usefulness but to be honest Shadow Sneak just stuck out to me considering moving fast is something Dragapult can do so I'd expect it to get as its a fast ghost type. I'd have that in its movepool over quick attack for the minor stab boost.