• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weird remarks people have made to you

lakarr

"I just recently graduated"
"Oh! Congrats! From High School or College?"
College. I spent 5.5 years there. I mean, I know I look young, but High School?

hm4332

"Hey why are you throwing your hands around? Nice acting!"

Me: "It's sign language..." (I'm deaf.) hahaha.

Silver Bolt

Undying flames
I was told I'm a pervert just because I like to gush about how I love the designs of characters and creatures I like. Yeah, I went on and on about how much I like them, but I don't get how I was being perverted. Didn't bother me, I just got a nice laugh out of it.

Poke Maniac Eddie

Embrace Eternity.
I think the most random thing that's happened to me recently is I was at working, working outside..and it was raining. So naturally I had my umbrella. This middle aged guy walking to his car just randomly said "Where's your purse" to me. I spent about 30 seconds trying to figure out what the heck he meant by that..shrugged it off, then got back to work. People are weird..lol

Someone once told me that I looked very robust which kind of hurt my self confidence since it made me feel fat. I dunno if it was even meant to sound rude but ever since then I've avoided the person.
"Robust: strong and healthy; vigorous", it was probably a compliant (though I totally understand that feeling).
Anyway, mine was this. Me- " Hey would you do last night ?', friend- "My mom".

hm4332

I don't know the heck he meant but damn, that's really most random thing I've heard so.

I think the most random thing that's happened to me recently is I was at working, working outside..and it was raining. So naturally I had my umbrella. This middle aged guy walking to his car just randomly said "Where's your purse" to me. I spent about 30 seconds trying to figure out what the heck he meant by that..shrugged it off, then got back to work. People are weird..lol

Poke Maniac Eddie

Embrace Eternity.
I don't know the heck he meant but damn, that's really most random thing I've heard so.

Right? I still to this day don't get it. lol

Gabriel Faria

Shall we dance?
The weirdest thing that happened to me was about one year and a half ago at the start of 12th grade.

One guy from my class that liked to do the most random things would troll my best friend saying she was looking at his butt (most times she wasn't even looking at him). One day, out of nowhere. he turn to her and said he was bissexual (he really is) and she kinda laughed (I believe she wasn't being mean, but it may have been because I had already told her in the past that he was bissexual). He thought she was making fun of him and he stopped talking to her. Some weeks later, I was talking to her on Facebook and commented she should try to talk to him. She was unsure, so I told her (in a joking tone) that I was going to create a group conversation between them so they could fix things up. She told me not to because it didn't matter anyways. I understood, but to scare her I created a group conversation between us and some other friends and named it "Stop looking at my butt!" (the phrase he always told her, but in portuguese of course). She panicked at first, but, after realising he wasn't really in the conversation and when I thought she had calmed down, she started insulting me (through chat), saying I was revealing her secrets to random people (as if that phrase was some kind of shocking secret, even after all the times he yelled it at the world) and stopped talking to me.

It was horrible. Initially I felt bad with myself, but after some time I realised I haven't done anything wrong, specially after she started to part with every single one of our group's friends for the most stupid reasons, so I eventually moved on and nowadays I'm grateful that she made me the favour of walking out of my life.

Last edited:

Nyter

Island Challenger
I used to actually be "weirded" out when people used to ask me for my shoe size. I had no idea why I was asked this constantly. But then, thanks to Urban Dictionary, I now know.

Now it isn't random at all. I just have to take care of my shoes better.

Teapot

Sweaty Toad
I was doing schoolwork in the library and then a classmate came up to me and whispered "I use Google translate" in my ear. Needless to say we became fast friends after that.

DiaRubyTandem

The Fastest Comeback
Its raining outside, a girl suddenly came to me and said "I dont have an umbrella, can you please lead me to that store? I will wish you bad luck if you don't and get your umbrella"

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
One bratty kid on a school bus told me that my legs were hairy.

Oh, that really hurt my feelings. I should have shaved them like most guys do in high school. :/

Signing in to an office block for a job interview, security asks: "Are they hiring a receptionist?" Obviously they don't get many female software developers.

PlatinumManzai

I Love You!
Saleslady calling me baby, I dont even look like a kid... Maybe Babyface?? lmao

ebevan91

This weird woman that sometimes shops at the major retail chain I work at was buying a bunch of Coca-Colas in bulk (for a small local store) and she had her on with her that has ADHD. She was telling me how she almost died during childbirth because her uterus ruptured or something like that.

I was asked once if I was super religious because I was being so polite. Ironically, I'm atheist XD
Also people offering me alcohol or asking for my I.D. cause they thought I was over 18. Note this has been ongoing since I was 13 :T