• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weird team for crazy tourney, help needed!!!

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
The Team at a glance:
dpmfa382.png
dpffa242.png
dpffa409.png
dpffa199.png
dpmfa233.png
dpmfb328.png

Ok, I'm participating in this crazy tournament over in Smogon (hence I can't post my rate there). The rules are all standard, except our teams must be comprised of 1 Pokemon from each of the following tiers: Uber, OU, BL, UU, UE, NFE. (UE: A pokemon that is at it's lowest form of evolution, and could evolve at least once more [Scyther, etc], NFE: Not final Evolution [Vigorth])

No doubling up (ie Vigorth can't be my NFE and my UU or whatever.)

Naturally, the first thing I thought was to find the strongest, fastest Uber to lead with and Obliterate teams with. Choice Scarf Kyogre was one Pokemon I concidered, as was Mewtwo. Rayquaza comes to mind as being able to tear apart just about anything with a DD Outrage. Arceus was always playing on my mind, as was Darkrai... Oh the choices! Should I use an Uber wall, to try and counter and uber Physical threats that Blissey can't handle?

I knew that the only way I was going to stand a chance was to use an Ubers Blissey as my OU poke. I didn't really concider anything else other than Metagross.

After making a draft rain dance team I soon realised how hard it was to find UE, NFE and UU pokes that would fit into my team. I was looking at my options, and soon remembered a few teams that I had seen these pokes on: Trick Room teams. With that in mind, I went about creating my Uber trick room team. Then i found how hard it was to find Ubers that work in Trick Room, so I revised, and ended up with...

dpmfa382.png

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
EV's: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Water Spout
-Waterfall
-Ice Beam
-Thunder

This is the one Uber I'm allowed to use. With luck I'll be able to deal a whole ton of Damage before this beasty goes down. Timid let's me outspeed other Kyogre leads and Thunder them first. The rain also helps my sashes out, but I doubt there'll be mush sandstorm running around anyway. This may seem odd in a Trick Room team, but it's designed to cause a ton of damage before letting my Trick Roomers clean up the rest of the opponents.

dpffa242.png

Blissey @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 176 Def / 80 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Softboiled
- Ice Beam

I'm using an Ubers Blissey so I can (Hopefully) stop most of the Ubers that could be thrown at me, or at last damage them enough to clean them up with Trick Room or Kyogre. Standard OU Bliss doesn't have the Sdef to hold up enough IMO.

I'm debating over two pokemon for the BL spot. ATM Kingdra is winning, but I'm wondering how viable TR is without another 'Mon like Ramprados to attempt to abuse it? Then again, Kingdra has huge speed all the time in the rain, while Ramprados has huge Speed in TR. It's the same effect either way... Well, here's the two contenders. I've spoiler bracketed Kingdra to avoid looking like I've got seven Pokemon.

EDIT: Ok, now Ramprados is winning.

dpffa409.png

Ramprados @ Focus Sash
IV's: 252 Atk / ? Anything ? XD
Brave Nature
-Endeavor
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Pursuit / Crunch

Focus Sash allows me to come in safely, and with TR up I can Endeavor any Ubers who are out of my killing range, or just plain kill stuff with Earthquake. I don't know what EV's I want as I want to be as easy to kill as possible to get some good endeavors in for when the opponent runs from a certain 1HKO...

dpffa230.png

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
IV's: 252 Atk / 240 SpA / 16 Spe
Lonely Nature
-Waterfall
-Surf
-Dragon Pulse
- yawn / Return / HP [Electric] / Ice Beam?

Like a mimi Palkia :) I need help with the last move and if this would be better than Ramprados.

dpffa199.png

Slowking @ Leftovers
212 HP / 44 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature (-Spd, +Sdef)
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Trick Room
-Slack off

A great UU to set up Trick Room and to hopefully lure out some thunderbolts, so I can get a free switch to Trapinch.

dpmfa233.png

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
EV's: 228 HP / 136 Def / 144 SpA
Trait: Trace
Quiet Nature (-Spd, +Satk)
-Trick room
-Thunder
-Ice Beam
-Recover

My NFE. Set's up trick room and has a bit of fun bouncing abilitys back with Trace.

dpmfb328.png

Trapinch @ Choice Band / Focus sash
EV's: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 SpDef
Brave Nature
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Quick Attack
-Crunch

Awesome UE Trick Room abuser. Comes in on Electric attacks aimed at Sloking and packs a powerful STAB Earthquake coming off 100 base attack plus Choice Band. Crunch deals with Psychic Ubers, Quick Attack is to finish off Focus Sashers when TR's not on. I am concidering Focus Sash but I don't believe it will pack enough punch against Ubers.

Anyway, I know this is going to be one strange Tourney. Nobody is sure about their team, nobody is going to be able to test their teams, and nobody is going to have any clue what to expect. Please help me any way you can, and be sympathetic that I'm trying my hardest to build a team to fit into the tournaments constraints. Above all, thanks for rating!

Last edited:

Danbaru's

Steadfast. I do.
Sounds a lot of fun. But it's inherently obvious that most of the population will go with the most destructive Ubers. I'm guessing most people will have either SpecsMewtwo, ScarfKyorgre, or Rayquaza.

Which is why if it were me, I'd go against that mentality and use the Uber and OU slots to work against them and yet still pack a lot of offensive power by selecting Latias and Metagross.

To cover the Fire/Dark weak, I'd pick a ScarfBlaziken or a Houndoom for the BL slot.

I don't think anyone would use anything for NFE but Porygon-2. But what does Phione count as?

UU would probably be Lanturn or Lapras.

It's just my two cents. I don't have any other ideas.

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
Kyogre beats all of those (when they lead), and an Ice Beam (or Trick Room, when they Switch in, which lets me Ice Beam them anyway) from P2, Slowking, or Blissey obliterates Rayquaza. I was thinking about using an Uber Defence, but it's just not going to work trying to wall the entire Uber and OU metagame with an Uber, an OU and a BL. (then having to rely on UU, UE and NFE for offence)

Phione is UU, uE or NFE. But I still can't see it working too well.

Caesar

F.E.A.R the rat
wow, that is a tough looking Tourney. I agree with steadfast contestshipper, a defensive uber and an offensive Ou, The key to this would be to shut down the opponents uber and ou first so ur uber could sweep. Latias could probably wall the special based ubers well. Based on wat steadfast contestshipper said a move set with Ice beam, dark pulse and thunder would work well, Ice beam deals with the uber dragons and groundon, darkpulse takes out the psychic ubers and thunder takes down kyorgre, ho-oh, manaphy and lugia. Maybe a hammer arm metagros for darkrai. no real solution for arceus,
Wobbafet would be a great idea for yoour uber actully, you could target their uber with it and bring it down early.

Danbaru's

Steadfast. I do.
Kyogre beats all of those (when they lead)

Assuming you meant Latias and Metagross, no. It doesn't. Latias wipes it out. Sorry.

Phione is UU, uE or NFE. But I still can't see it working too well.

It was just an idea, anyway. I thought it'll be effective as an UE.

no real solution for arceus,

Is there one, really?

Wobbafet would be a great idea for yoour uber actully, you could target their uber with it and bring it down early.

True. But that wouldn't be very respectable, would it?

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
Actually, I was refering to your predictions of which ubers would be used. I know Lati counters Kyogre.

I have to go do some damage calcs of Ramprados's crunch on Wobbufet, and see if Waterfall can 2hko (as they will probably expect a special-based water attack.)

EDIT: Also, Arceus is banned due to being unobtainable without hacking.

And if i did use Wobbufett, should I lead with it or what? Or who should lead instead or something...

Caesar

F.E.A.R the rat
Well that solves arceus.
If you were to use wobbufett than when you use it is critical, i supose most people would lead with their uber or ou and bot are clear targets, so wobba should lead, besides even if he has to switch out straight away your opponent will always have to remember that anything they switch in could die to wobba at any time so you could lead with it and if their lead isn't worth the damage you'd take to kill it than return wobba and wait for something more importent to come out.
Us for wobba being a low cheap tactic, it wins battles so who cares?! If his victums wanna complain and whinge, let them cause it wont change the final result.

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
I'm still not convinced I could do more damage overall with Wobba than Kyogre... Kyogre can deal with everything below Ubers, and quite a lot of ubers too. It is really only threatened by Lati@s...

EDIT: Just realised, enemy Wobbus lose to Ramprados's Endeavor. Obviously I have to revenge kill it most times but hey, that's good enough.

Last edited:

Caesar

F.E.A.R the rat
With trick room in play trapinch and rampardos could probably deal with the lati's so with that in mind kyogres probably best

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
Come on guys, I'm really desperate for some more opinions, seeing as it's almost impossible to test this team. On that note if someone want's to try to help me test it I'll shoddy their OU team with an Uber added in or soemthing...

aquasuicune

I'm wondering how well a CBvile would work as your OU. It kills rayquaza, and is almost guaranteed to kill mewtwo on the switch with night slash. The only problem is that mewtwo is still faster than him, so you could run into some issues there. Quagsire or another water absorb pokemon could also work extremely well if you want to take out or at least stop opposing kyogre. Quagsire seems especially fit for the job as he's immune to three of kyogre's attacks.

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
Earg... I've come up against a tough opponent in the Tourney. The good thing is he can't battle until the 3rd, so righ now I'm looking for someone to est this team with (on Shoddy), anyone up for it?

Shy Guy

dpmfa382.png

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
EV's: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Water Spout
-Waterfall
-Ice Beam
-Thunder

This is the one Uber I'm allowed to use. With luck I'll be able to deal a whole ton of Damage before this beasty goes down. Timid let's me outspeed other Kyogre leads and Thunder them first. The rain also helps my sashes out, but I doubt there'll be mush sandstorm running around anyway. This may seem odd in a Trick Room team, but it's designed to cause a ton of damage before letting my Trick Roomers clean up the rest of the opponents.

dpffa242.png

Blissey @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 176 Def / 80 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Softboiled
- Ice Beam

I'm using an Ubers Blissey so I can (Hopefully) stop most of the Ubers that could be thrown at me, or at last damage them enough to clean them up with Trick Room or Kyogre. Standard OU Bliss doesn't have the Sdef to hold up enough IMO.

I'm debating over two pokemon for the BL spot. ATM Kingdra is winning, but I'm wondering how viable TR is without another 'Mon like Ramprados to attempt to abuse it? Then again, Kingdra has huge speed all the time in the rain, while Ramprados has huge Speed in TR. It's the same effect either way... Well, here's the two contenders. I've spoiler bracketed Kingdra to avoid looking like I've got seven Pokemon.

EDIT: Ok, now Ramprados is winning.

dpffa409.png

Ramprados @ Focus Sash
IV's: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 6 Def
Brave Nature
-Endeavor
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Pursuit / Crunch

Focus Sash allows me to come in safely, and with TR up I can Endeavor any Ubers who are out of my killing range, or just plain kill stuff with Earthquake. I don't know what EV's I want as I want to be as easy to kill as possible to get some good endeavors in for when the opponent runs from a certain 1HKO...

dpffa230.png

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
IV's: 252 Atk / 240 SpA / 16 Spe
Lonely Nature
-Waterfall
-Surf
-Dragon Pulse
- yawn / Return / HP [Electric] / Ice Beam?

Like a mimi Palkia :) I need help with the last move and if this would be better than Ramprados.

dpffa199.png

Slowking @ Leftovers
212 HP / 44 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature (-Spd, +Sdef)
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Trick Room
-Slack off

A great UU to set up Trick Room and to hopefully lure out some thunderbolts, so I can get a free switch to Trapinch.

dpmfa233.png

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
EV's: 228 HP / 136 Def / 144 SpA
Trait: Trace
Quiet Nature (-Spd, +Satk)
-Trick room
-ThunderBolt
-Ice Beam
-Recover

My NFE. Set's up trick room and has a bit of fun bouncing abilitys back with Trace.

dpmfb328.png

Trapinch @ Choice Band / Focus sash
EV's: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 SpDef
Brave Nature
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Quick Attack
-Crunch

Awesome UE Trick Room abuser. Comes in on Electric attacks aimed at Sloking and packs a powerful STAB Earthquake coming off 100 base attack plus Choice Band. Crunch deals with Psychic Ubers, Quick Attack is to finish off Focus Sashers when TR's not on. I am concidering Focus Sash but I don't believe it will pack enough punch against Ubers.

Anyway, I know this is going to be one strange Tourney. Nobody is sure about their team, nobody is going to be able to test their teams, and nobody is going to have any clue what to expect. Please help me any way you can, and be sympathetic that I'm trying my hardest to build a team to fit into the tournaments constraints. Above all, thanks for rating!

Its a good team just with little mistakes why dont you put Metagross or some Uber wall like Lugia

~Shy Guy~ ;surfpika;

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
Umm... I can't tell what changes you made Shy Guy...

johnXkid

Candlelight
i was gonna participate in this tourney. Anyway your team seems a little Attack Deoxys weak. Dont knot anything that counters that except Arena Trap Sucker Punch Dugtrio, who technically cant switch in. If i were you, id take out Bliss and use Chansey as your NFE
EDIT: in Trick Room, Rampardos can Swords Dance, which is beastly, giving it 958 Attack after a Swords Dance

lugiatamer493

FC: 1203 6804 3145
nice idea johnXkid