• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weird Type match ups

Ninterror X

The bird brain.
i keep thinking "Why isn't Gible and evolutions Water type? same for Hipopotos?"
and what about Trapinch? It looks like a bug pokemon
Can you think of a weird type match up?

Pokemanyak

Little VoltTackler
Beedrill has wings and it can fly. But, its type is Bug/Poison and it doesn't have Levitate.
Venomoth: Same as beedrill
Mawile looks like normal more than steel

Shiny_Gible

Darth Giblius
Gible isn't a water type. Period. I mean look at Garchomp, I don't think its a water type when I see it. IMO it has dragon written all over it.

On the other hand...
Sudowoodo = Rock type = what the heck? everyone can see it is a grass type, its a TREE for pete's sake

Palkia looks like Dragon/Psychic IMO, what about it suggests "water"?

And I always though Groudon was fire/ground.

Amonitas

Sudowood is rock, it just pretends to be a tree and this yet another of these threads...
And gible family are landsharks, some rpg have those.

Pokemanyak

Little VoltTackler
On the other hand...
Sudowoodo = Rock type = what the heck? everyone can see it is a grass type, its a TREE for pete's sake

Sudowoodo's pokedex entry: Despite appearing to be a tree, its body is closer to rocks and stones. It is very weak to water.t stands along paths pretending to be a tree. If it starts raining, it seems to disappear.

Sudowoodo doesn't like water. That's why we can awake him with SquirtBottle in G/S/C

Shiny_Gible

Darth Giblius
Sudowood is rock, it just pretends to be a tree and this yet another of these threads...
And gible family are landsharks, some rpg have those.

Yeah, Gible is the LAND Shark pokemon. So seriously, its not a water type, dont judge it by its blue color. But if Sudowoodo is pretending to be a tree, then what the heck IS it?!

Why doesn't Charizard have the right to be a dragon, and Dragonite does. I mean look at Charizard! Claws, sharp teeth, dragon wings, tail, FIRE-BREATHING - he's got every characteristic of a dragon!

I always think of Groudon as a Fire/Ground Type.

Maruno

But if Sudowoodo is pretending to be a tree, then what the heck IS it?!
It's a creature in an imaginary world that messes with all laws of biology (the world does, that is). Every heard of those fish that look like rocks from above? They evolved like that so when some unsuspecting prey stepped on it they could immediately poison it. Same with Sudowoodo - disguising itself as a tree probably helps it catch prey.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
I never knew why Jynx was Ice/Psychic. I mean where is that Ice in her? I think she should've just been a normal old Psychic or Psychic/Dark really.

Flygon has pretty much the opposite type combo to what we'd expect. I'd expect him to be Bug/Flying, but he's Dragon/Ground. That's almost like Butterfree being Dragon/Ground.

And shouldn't Volbeat and Illumise be Bug/Electic?

And Jynx couldn't be Psychic/Dark because Dark didn't exists in RBY (That's probably why Gengar isn't Dark-type).

And while we're talking about Gengar, why is it Poison-type?

Last edited:

shinygroudon232

I plead the 5th!!
Gible doesn't look like it should be a water type at all.... I do think that exeggcute shouldn't have been a grass type, but a normal type. Ninetales should have been a part psychic type, and probably the weirdest one I've seen was rotom. A ghost/electric? Thats pretty interesting.

shinygroudon232

I plead the 5th!!
Gible doesn't look like it should be a water type at all.... I do think that exeggcute shouldn't have been a grass type, but a normal type. Ninetales should have been a part psychic type, and probably the weirdest one I've seen was rotom. A ghost/electric? Thats pretty interesting.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful

It possessed a television in Old Chateau. It's a ghost that possesses electric appliances

Maruno

It possessed a television in Old Chateau. It's a ghost that possesses electric appliances
I think Rotom was invented before the idea of sticking it in a television, though.

I think it's a cool combination, and Rotom fits it nicely.

Glacius9

<- Ninja Turtle
I'm waiting for a Fire/Grass Pokemon. BEFORE YOU DISMISS IT... just think. Sunny day would have a beneficial effect for something like chlorophyl. It would also be able to use sunny day for solar beam AND fire attacks! all the benefits outside a double battle! now... should it be a hot pepper or a flaming tree...