• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weirdest dreams you've ever had

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
We all have dreams, whether good or bad. This thread is for the weirdest dreams you might've had - they can be the good kind of weird, or the bad kind of weird.

Here's some of the strangest dreams I've had:

• Being chased by a giant lizard.
  • Being chased by sheep.
  • Thinking I've woken up, but finding out I'm actually asleep in bed.
  • Having boiling water accidentally being poured onto my hand.
  • Playing my Pokémon games in my dream.
  • Playing ANY video game in my dreams - Tetris, for example.
  • Getting stranded in a foreign country with my family.
  • Visiting other countries in my dreams. (These are usually good dreams.)
  • Not my dream, but my sister's - she was in a boat with the Simpsons, and the boat capsized. I don't even know why the Simpsons were in her dream. o_O

Madame Chocobo

PokéDrawer
I had a weird dreamception dream.

First I was in a college and they students were playing soccer. I saw an old friend from school and I asked her if she knew me and she did. Then it skipped to night, which I guess everyone went to sleep. Then, I woke up in my house and it was Halloween( don't know why), and my sister, and mother were asleep and there were some trick or treaters coming to the house. I went downstairs to get the candy..and there wasn't any candy and my dad was doing something in the kitchen so I had to tell the kids there was no candy. Woke up my sis and asked her if she can get some candy(to her annoyance of being woken up) and that was the end of the dream.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
One of the most common dreams I have is when I'm back in high school or college. In one dream I was about to take a test but refused to since I've already graduated. Since I remained defiant on not taking the test everyone around me was saying "what do you mean you wont take the test?" After that I woke myself up escape.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I have weird dreams. I’ve dreamt about being a three year old girl thought to be dead and abandoned in a driveway and have had recurring dreams involving bathrooms.

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
- Flying dreams. I've been completely normal human in those, but for some reason I could take a flight by simply running on ground like a bird (swan, duck, goose etc) would on water before they get into air. I barely had to flap my arms to stay in the air, as if winds or psychic powers would be carrying my humanoid body. They also felt pretty realistic, as if I were a bird.

- Having myself inserted into some Pokemon games and the environment there has been quite realistic yet recognizable to specific regions.

- Usually daily life turning into unordinary stuff happening within an environment which usually contains two ordinary places mixing up into something bigger, like an old manor and asylum or this most recent one, a mall and a high school. I was supposed to go shopping, but then the night set and I decided to go to the school side to steal something little from the classroom as nobody would notice. As the shop rooms turned into more education-oriented ones, I slipped in to one biology class and noticed someone was staying up there late, not sure if a teacher or highly advanced student doing a project. I almost panicked as I tried to get away unnoticed, well, I did and rushed into the next room which actually looked like a cozy living room! There I saw a blonde woman (around her 40s?) lying on sofa, she looked like a model or movie star. That part felt like as if I was watching a movie rather than being present. The woman was crying for something, I don't know what. That lasted for some time. Then something occurred that made it worse, she yelled "Noooo!" in agony and suddenly her face started rapidly turning into something which looked like long-term drug abusers (unclean paste face?) or zombies... she literally rotted to death! And then her whole body started turning into green mold/fungus just as rapidly. I saw a small hand shape fungus coming out of her stomach, suggesting she was crying for an unborn baby. As her shape became even more unclear under that fungus growth, her other hand also turned into a long tree branch like shape, still covered by fungus tho.
At the time of the woman's skin turning into that pale and rotting paste-like stuff, I also saw a flash of his... possibly husband (also a tv or movie star judging his looks), who just croaked "Noooooo...." as he became aware of what happened to the woman on the sofa. Partly I was curious why I didn't see the man being present, just a flash of him. But as the woman transformed into pile of turquoise gooey mold, the sight was actually so shocking and gross, I woke up. :'D

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
I've had so many strange dreams that I probably don't even think of them as particularly strange. A couple of Serebii-friendly top picks include though:

-Having a dream where I was aware I was dreaming, but wasn't truly lucid.
I distinctly remember talking to somebody in my dream, saying something like "Well I'm dreaming right now so" yaddayaddayadda. So I went through the rest of the dream being aware I was dreaming but being unable to control anything, even my own actions, heck, even my thoughts.

-A Furry Bar
This one was pretty recent. I went into a bar, for, well, furries. I'm not a furry though. I don't even think I was looking up anything about furries the previous day. They had a weeby shop attached to the inside though and I spent my time looking at their used Sailor Moon DVDs and feeling really uncomfortable whenever I looked over or had to walk through the... main part.

Had recurring chase dreams a couple of years ago, found them weird because over time I found it easier to run away from whatever was pursuing me each time. I’d have to dodge around buildings laser tag-style though so they were surprisingly fun dreams.

I have locked-room dreams sometimes, those ones are surprisingly fun and rarely spawn AU ideas if fictional characters are involved. Wouldn’t do a locked room in real life though, too stressful.

Sometimes I splice my surprisingly inspiring dreams into original story ideas, the one idea I still have in my head came from a bunch of dreams, namely one set in a mansion with a mysterious dude owning it spawned the idea and various other dreams added designs, changes etc.

Then there’s that one time I dreamed that I was fighting Guy Fieri but he was possessed by Thor and we were in my old school. I have no explanation for that one and it does not and cannot inspire me in any way possible.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I often have dreams where I'm re-visiting my old home where I lived for around ten years. I can clearly see the layout of the house as we left it, even the stairs, kitchen and bathroom.

Another recurring dream I have is visiting Canada. I have been there once, so that could be why.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Sometimes I splice my surprisingly inspiring dreams into original story ideas, the one idea I still have in my head came from a bunch of dreams, namely one set in a mansion with a mysterious dude owning it spawned the idea and various other dreams added designs, changes etc.

Ok, I have many dreams I have had that I remember well, but I have done this sort of thing myself a few times. For example, I turned one of my dreams I had back in high school for a multi-part short story for a high school class (I did not actually finish it back then, nor have I finished it currently). As with most of my dreams I remember vividly, this one can be classified as a nightmare (but despite the themes and images in this one, I was not nearly as frightened by this one for some reason). Sidenote: I will try to keep what I do say about the dream accurate, but appropriate here. Also, I was not actually in the dream myself, other than perhaps as an observer.
Short version (especially not including information and details I thought up after I woke up - not part of the original dream): Suspicious man living in an apartment building, but no one else there knows him or his apartment. A woman enters his apartment for answers (police were there also, but they did not enter the unit themselves). Some of the things the woman encountered inside: aged green wallpaper covering the walls throughout the unit with long, sagging vertical sections running from the floor to the ceiling filled with dark-red blood flowing through them (feel free to imagine highly visible veins, only much larger and running through wallpaper) - in my dream, this part was really clear and vivid. Another part that was vivid was the closeup of the man living there glowing in a sort of fiery lighting, screaming (presumably at the woman) to welcome her to his "pain" (exact quote: "welcome to my pain" - yes, I remember this well). I also recall the woman discussing this man with the police, in which she mentioned the apartment was "pure evil" to them (another exact quote).
To be clear, I tried keeping this version appropriate for these forums. I could go more into detail (for accuracy and other such attributes), but I chose not to do that.
Also, this dream was rather tame compared to more of my dreams I remember well. I considered mentioning a bit about them on this thread also, but I read this section of Nerdy McNerdface's post, and I felt the dream I described here had more relevance overall.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I had another weird dream last night. I was travelling the high seas with this old sea captain (think the Sea Captain from The Simpsons or Captain Haddock from Tintin), and we sailed up to these strange-looking islands which looked like piles of jelly. We stopped off at one of the islands and climbed up the jelly mountain, enjoying the great view of the deep blue sea. But then when we tried to get back down, the jelly gave way and we ended up sliding out of control down the mountain, where we presumably ended up in the ocean. I think I woke up after that.

Now that I think about it, the sea captain in my dream was actually based on an OC of mine, Riverport. I just found it weird how he came to be in my dream, but I've had my OCs appear in my dreams before, so it's not really unusual.

riverport_with_pipe_by_surfingtheseaworld-dcnuoig.png

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
When I was younger, I would have random dreams and eventually they’d lead to me playing baseball. No matter what, after making contact with the ball I would never be able to make it to first base. The dream would start over, I’d run in place; something would happen and I’d never make it there.

Not a weird dream per se, but I dreamed the other night that I shared a hug with one of my fictional crushes.

Because dreams feel real when you dream them, it was a good moment. I feel like I’ll treasure it as if I did it while awake. It’s the best I’ve got when it comes to fiction, after all.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Not a weird dream per se, but I dreamed the other night that I shared a hug with one of my fictional crushes.

Because dreams feel real when you dream them, it was a good moment. I feel like I’ll treasure it as if I did it while awake. It’s the best I’ve got when it comes to fiction, after all.

Sometimes I wish my dreams were real, but then that would make my nightmares real too. Sometimes real life is better than your worst nightmare. ;)

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
A childhood friend who I hadn't seen since I was 7 was mermaid and was crying. The beach was only... sort of half there? Like it was kinda cut off. And there were milkshakes and I was a girl.

Gizmoduck

Burns eternally hot
It's hard to explain, but a lot of times when you inexplicably doze off without realizing it, it's the closest feeling to being dead. You feel like a 60s stoner or something, literally with your brain disconnected from the rest of you.

At least I do.

Nothing particular, but whenever things like that happen, I wake up feeling so trippy and even disturbed sometimes. Weirdest feelings ever.

For me, dreams are only weird when you try and remember what made sense to you inside them, when they make absolutely none in any other mindset, than actual content.

JakeShmoe

The weirdest dream I've ever had? Jumping on top of Mount Everest and landing on a river. When swimming to the surface, I realized that the hard, falling water on the surface itself was coming from Niagara falls. Pretty extreme, if you ask me.

By the way, new guy here. Whenever I'm taking a break from this particular interest, I'm usually found at home, watching my sugar glider play in his critter nation cage while having fun with my brothers. Such a simple and noble life. Cheers, everyone! Have a nice day!

Last edited:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
The weirdest dream I've ever had? Jumping on top of Mount Everest and landing on a river. When swimming to the surface, I realized that the hard, falling water on the surface itself was coming from Niagara falls. Pretty extreme, if you ask me.

How would Niagara Falls be right next to Mount Everest? o_O

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I had a weird Pokémon-related dream last night. I dreamt that a new Eeveelution was revealed for Gen 8, a Normal-type, and it basically looked like a bigger and fluffier version of Eevee. What would they call it if it was real though? Eeveeon? *thinking*