• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weirdest english voice actor for an animé character

uber gon

Accept Change
Weirdest english voice actor for an animé character

In all the animé that is dubbed in the U.S. today, which characters have the weirdest english voice actor, in your opinion?

Soul Dew

<----------ualelele
4Kids Sanji

Zabi

Not really here.
Ash's. God, I really hate that girl who does his voice. *doesn't remember* God, it really pisses me off and makes me want to pull my ears off.

Mimori Kiryu

Ash's. God, I really hate that girl who does his voice. *doesn't remember* God, it really pisses me off and makes me want to pull my ears off.
I hope you're talking about Sarah not Veronica Taylor. D:

And weirdest English voice? Hmm...anything from 4Kids One Piece really.

Uke

...Eh?...
Vic Mignogna

....*Shot* I kid! I kid!

To be truthful, anyone that 4Kids hires for voice actors. Those poor people must be on the end of the rope to agree to a 4Kids-edited anime..

Mimori Kiryu

Vic Mignogna

....*Shot* I kid! I kid!

To be truthful, anyone that 4Kids hires for voice actors. Those poor people must be on the end of the rope to agree to a 4Kids-edited anime..
*puts down shotgun*

I'm glad you're kidding.

uber gon

Accept Change
I kinda think Lelouch's english voice in Code Geass is weird. Of course, it's because I'm comparing him to Ichigo from Bleach.

uber gon

Accept Change
For the weirdest dub VA choice that actually ended up very awesome, I'd have to say Steve Blum as Guilmon(given that Blum is most commonly associated with the common badasses and ninja, this most likely still comes as a shock today). And it's not even the highest he can go, surprisingly(Pururumon wins that award). As for the just plain weird choice, that goes to David Griffith for a decent Sonic, but god damned terrible Usopp.

Also, whoever does James's voice. I like the Whinney he does.
Eric Stuart. I'm assuming you mean him as he went pure camp on James. Not that it was a bad thing in Johto(FLAMING MOLTRES!).XD

Vic Mignogna

....*Shot* I kid! I kid!
Vic was going to be Orochimaru for Naruto, but he lived too far away. He's done a sample of it, and it's scarily similar to Steve Blum's Orochi.O_O;

...Oh yeah, and there's Broly too.

Last edited:

uber gon

Accept Change
I'm saying the guy who voiced Akira in the movie Akira just because he also voiced Tai from Digimon.

uber gon

Accept Change
4Kids Sanji. He sounded like a pot user/dealer!

Actually, he sounded like a stereotypical New Yorker, no offence.

Boy, Sanji sure is getting a lot of hate here.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I can never listen to Izzy or Lucemon in the same way again since Mona Marshall started working for South Park. Especially since, when she plays Mrs Stotch, she sounds exactly like Lucemon.

bookist

gamakicki from naruto he sounds like an adult!

uber gon

Accept Change
I can never listen to Izzy or Lucemon in the same way again since Mona Marshall started working for South Park. Especially since, when she plays Mrs Stotch, she sounds exactly like Lucemon.

Woah, that is weird, and yet quite fascinating at the same time. Heh, in regards to Dig?*mon voices the voice of Kouichi also does the voices of Itachi from Naruto and Holland from Eureka Seven. The Holland voice is the weird one.