• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weirdest trade you've done in the GTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
Well, I promise you that I have *NEVER* sad-face spammed anyone in my life. I absolutely HATE when people do that to me. More than once I have offered unobtainable or rare Pokemon to people, and they sad-face spam me. It's very discouraging. I can't figure out what they want. I've even "offered" legendaries and shinies to these people to no avail. I guess they just want to cause problems. I'm not sure what they're asking for.

Regarding trainer cards, I really appreciate when people have on their card what they're looking for, so it can be the first thing I offer. Usually these people are so happy to get what they wanted that they'll give me shinies or legendaries for them - I've traded a Trainer Card request for a Tornadus and a Cobaloin so far. I couldn't believe that they'd be willing to give me that. That's why I always put either a Pokemon I want, or "color change" on my card, so that people know what to offer me IF they want to. I am just as willing to trade non-shinies as I am shinies.

Also, if people are exceptionally nice, or if I notice that they seem "poor" (i.e., they don't have much in their boxes, and so all they can offer me is Blitzles or Pidoves), I give them unobtainables and the Kanto starters for free. One girl spammed the heart button for about three minutes when I traded her a Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur for Lillipups. So I guess you could say that sometimes, I'm the one who, to them, is making a strange trade by giving away rare Pokemon for nothing.
Sorry, I didn't mean people like you, who have that in their trainer card but are nice. But from from my experience, most of the people looking for COLOR CHANGE are usually the type of people who spam a bunch of hacked level 100 shinies and sadface anything else. Of course, they're not all like that, obviously, but I've run into enough annoying shiny-hack spammers to let out a groan whenever I see someone with the color change thing in their trainer card. =/

For the record, my trainer card says "I wonder if person is yummy..." XDD

I do sad-face things if it's not something that I'm interested in, but I only do it once, not ten billion times like some people. Admittedly, communicating in happy faces, sad faces, hearts, and explanation marks is quite challenging. It's often hard to decipher what people are trying to say. D=

thekorean

Why do people even pit up offers like lvl8 reshiram? How do you get lvl9 Reshiram?

Livinitup17

Looking for trades
Why do people even pit up offers like lvl8 reshiram? How do you get lvl9 Reshiram?

You can't GF are dumb enough not to fix up the levels of these legends i wish someone had a lv 10 reshiram or zekrom so i can spam all of those annoying people on GTS wanting one there really annoying they've been doing this since last generation

abrar14

Statter Master
But they dont let you trade obviously hacked pokemon on the gts. But what if gf realeased a zek/resh egg event

PsychicPsycho

Man, I've done so many GTS trades, I can't remember which were/was weirdest.

A weird trade I remember seeing was a 50+ level shiny Meganium for something like a Tepig. Also, a level 100 Lucario for a really low level pokemon.

Oh, another weird one was when I requested a female Eevee, and got one with the DW ability. It appears to be directly from Entree Forest.
But they dont let you trade obviously hacked pokemon on the gts. But what if gf realeased a zek/resh egg event
What constitutes obviously hacked? I once received a shiny Girafarig at level 100, caught at that level in Pinwheel forest, so there's got to be some way of getting around it.

Harry12

Flygon Trainer
My Brother put up a level 1 male tepig for a female and got a legit shiny i was soooo jealous as have been trying to get one with mm currently on 2251 and counting
I also traded a regular magikarp for a shiny tangela legit.

Yuphie

Novice Shiny Hunter
I saw on the GTS someone wanted a lvl 40 Magikarp for his lvl 1 Shiny Magikarp, so i did the trade, but i believe it's hacked since the caught date is 12/30/2012. Though it's not too bad since it was only a Magikarp i traded for it.

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Once, I'm not sure if you guys would find this to be a bad trade or not, I found a shiny croagunk on the gts asking for a deoxys level 100. I had been searching for just a normal croagunk forever and since the level 100 deoxys I had was traded for anyway I did it. It's pretty legit id say. I still have it.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I saw on the GTS someone wanted a lvl 40 Magikarp for his lvl 1 Shiny Magikarp, so i did the trade, but i believe it's hacked since the caught date is 12/30/2012. Though it's not too bad since it was only a Magikarp i traded for it.

the date does not matter. In fact, the date is the most useless thing in determining whether a Pokemon is the result of a hack or not.

anyway, just two days ago....shiny Skorupi for any Magikarp.
And the Skorupi is legit too.

Though I kinda regret what I did, I gave away my Marvelous Bridge Magikarp, instead of my lv 87 Magikarp from Sinnoh's Resort Area lake.
I can get another high-level Magikarp easily, but for a Marvelous Bridge one, I have to wait for the "third game".....

So out of boredom (and pure spite for Patrat's ugliness) I pitched a Lvl 2 one onto the GTS asking for any Zorua. 2 days later, checked on it and this was waiting for me.

IVs are pretty good, it's Timid, and it has Extrasensory and DP. And it's legit, surprising for such a ridiculous offer on my part.

The Creator

I Rule All
I traded an Oddish for a Dialga. I don't know why they wanted an Oddish so bad.

My brother was playing Platinum and traded a Rhydon for a lvl 100 Zangoose.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
My Squirtle for a shiny Regice

Eranu™

This week a got a pretty stupid one.

My lv3 lillipup for a shiny rayquaza.
Don't know who the guy was that traded his rayquaza and i don't know why.

Neji-and-Pidgeot

on the gts a while back i traded an articuno for a Level 100 shiny chimchar named breedsalot. it was obviously hacked though.

Psypert

I traded a lv 1 Treecko I breed for a Palkia just to comple my dex

Someone traded me a level 100 Patrat the other day...I think it was haxxored.

I'm always putting cool stuff on the GTS in return for Patrats...kind of a counter move for people who always want a level one Zerkrom or something. Massive rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.