• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weirdest trade you've done in the GTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkseeker

Crimson Denizen
I always get good things in the GTS XD...but yesterday I traded a reshiram for a skitty with a moon stone (I'm filling my dex and ran out of moon stones)

Mike Breezy

I've never had one. Because all the Pokemon I want to trade for, somebody wants a lvl9 and under Zekrom..

RinRinWIN

Rearing for a WIN
On the GTS, someone traded wanted a male Dratini for a Lv. 100 male Garachomp--I'm pretty sure it's legit, too! :O

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
I put a female eevee on the gts and got a lv 100 crawdaunt turns out it was a hack.

PkMnMaster531

Awesome Trainer
On GTS Negotiations, I traded a Male Dream World Mr.Mime for a Level 100 Shiny Porygon-Z. It's probably hacked, though.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
I threw in a random Sawbuck in the GTS for a Zekrom just because I was bored. I wasn't expecting any response to the trade and forgot about it for a week. I came back to see that someone actually traded me. To boot, it was Lv 100, had decent IVs and a workable nature. To this day, I still wonder what was going through this guy's head when they traded me this Zekrom :/
Maybe it was a hack.
I once traded a hacked lv 100 Zekrom for a hacked shiny Sawsbuck.:D
That served me right,i know.i'm not proud of it.:D

Scorch5688

Virizion Collector
I traded a lvl. 71 Abra (that's right. ABRA) for a shiny Charmander. XD Too bad the Charmander turned out to be a hack.
I really dislike those people who put stuff on the GTS just to show them off, asking for Zekrom/Reshiram lvl. 9 and under. Makes me want to hack a few of them and trade them off just to show them a lesson. XD

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I really dislike those people who put stuff on the GTS just to show them off, asking for Zekrom/Reshiram lvl. 9 and under. Makes me want to hack a few of them and trade them off just to show them a lesson. XD

the GTS for some reason prevents you from trading them, but does not prevent people from requesting them.

Anyway, the weirdest ever trade for me will always be that Shiny Barboach for any Magikarp (I'm the one getting the Barboach).
The Barboach is legit too.

Then there's this weird trade, weird in a different way

I was going to trade a Sky Form Shaymin, the GTS rejects it due to the Form, and it automatically changes into Land Form.
Since it is already in Land Form, the trade should go through now, right?
Wrong, the game (or the GTS) for some reason does not detect that it already changes into Land Form, until I put it into a box and take it again.

Bunface

Jewel Runner
Can someone explain to me why the trade offers on the GTS are so moronic? 'Ah, my level 2 Patrat? Of course, you can have it... in exchange for a level 100 Reshiram. Sound good?' ...no?

That or the offers are impossible to meet without hacking. Nobody has a level <9 Venasaur, so why ask for one?

dayvee

I've been told it's quite common, but I once put in a lvl 1 Tepig and managed to get a legit looking Zekrom for it.

Cool Boy

Be fearless
my megikarp for shiny poygro... It might be hack well

I've been told it's quite common, but I once put in a lvl 1 Tepig and managed to get a legit looking Zekrom for it.

Yeah, I've done similar things a few times before. When I got tired of looking for people with Reshiram on the Serebii Chat and people that offered it on GTS. I just sent a level 1 Cryogonal for any Reshiram and got it the day after. I hatched some more Cryogonal and sent them too to GTS so I was sure that I would get atleast one legit Reshiram, and I got one in return every time.

I was very pleased recently, I put in a Petilil asking for a Pichu and ended up getting the Dream World ability Pichu (bred from that special event Pikachu) female with the egg move Fake Out!

ColorsofTheRainbow

Live. Love. Ho-Oh.
I haven't seen that many weird trades but I traded a Tepig for a Bidoof that was holding a Reaper Cloth. That and I traded a Munna for a Jp Female Larvesta.

Klinny

Skitty Chaser
Last night I saw a Japanese Jirachi up for trade, and the owner was looking for a Swoobat. I figured it was a hack, but since I wasn't much fond of my Swoobat, I thought I'd go for it anyways. I checked it out after and all the stats coordinated with a Japanese Daisuki Club Jirachi, and pokecheck said it was good, although it seemed to be a clone. Either way, I'm pleased to have it! (I hope Heart-Face enjoys his new home).

The weirdest thing that happened to me though was on my 4th Gen games. I was trying to trade two Pokemon between HeartGold and Platinum, but I only had one DS, so I was using the GTS. I put up a Celebi and was asking for a Shaymin, figuring I could switch games quick enough to make the trade. Turns out I was wrong, and someone swooped in and gave me a Level 100 Japanese Shiny Shaymin for it. I thought it must have been a hack, but again, all the stats checked out and it can switch forms. Either it is a very good hack, or an RNG clone, but either way I was like... "o_O... wut...."

I feel kind of bad though because the Celebi was a little sketchy.

Last edited:

GoldenMagikarp

I AM ERROR
had a hacked deoxys that i sent to black from a used platinum game

Ended up trading it for a legit japanese ent regigigas

You should'nt trade hacked pokemon. It's not a weird trade if the one you traded it with actually thought that it was legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.