• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weirdest Videogame you've ever played?

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
So, what's the strangest videogame you've ever played?

As a fan of the Survival Horror and Psych horror genres, I have come across a few.

The strangest I have ever played would have to be Yume Nikki. It is just...weird. It has the most depressing soundtrack, and, if you're not carefull, you could end up wandering endlessly.

Because of how it was made, there is a level up system--though it is defunct as this is not an RPG (it was made with RPG maker). There is only one enemy, the bird-headed girls, and only a few NPCs that you can kill. I call these NPC's "The Picasso Boys" because of their faces. You stab them, they scream and die.

You can also stab things in the environement. Its name means "Dream Diary/Journal", and it is, by far, the most dream-like videogame I have ever seen. If you are in to weird videogames, I suggest getting it--it is free-ware.

Loco4Treecko

But will it blend?
;-; why did I even look this up on YT?? WHY??

This makes EarthBound look tame

Of things people would actually know, The Binding of Isaac. I've definitely come across way worse, but again, that people would know, and that I can adequately describe. But I also think that Binding is well over-the-top with its blatant grimdarkness.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Play the Umineko Visual Novels. They're pretty ****ed up.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
It is a tie between Sonic 06 or Shadow the Hedgehog.

-Nator-

Yoshi's Story. Not a bad game by any means, but it's just so trippy no matter how many times I play it.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Of things people would actually know,

You've never heard if Yume Nikki?

HAHAHAHAHA!

jb08045 said:
Play the Umineko Visual Novels.

My DESIRE isn't strong enough. I can't stand Battler's level of retardation.

Charizard Champion#06 said:
Then there's that one game where the ten-year-olds go around the world catching monsters and fighting them, that one was pretty out there.

Damn it, you beat me to it. I wanted to talk about Digimon too!

Also, there's apparently this game about some chick raised by bird people who fights a dragon and an armadillo thing who WON'T DIE NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU KILL THEM and ends up in some sort of metal suit with boobs.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Catherine. I only tried a demo and that was enough for me.

~Lati~

Or not :/
I haven't played many weird games, but I'd say either the Shin Megami Tensei games, or anything Gust has made.

Chris

Old Coot
It is a tie between Sonic 06 or Shadow the Hedgehog.
Thread's called "Weirdest Videogame" not "Shittiest Videogame."

I'm absolutely baffled no one's mentioned Katamari Damacy, Cubivore or Seaman.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I'd have to say Disgaea 4. That game thought me more about sardines than i'd ever cared. STOP TALKING ABOUT SARDINES, VALZY!!!!!

~Lati~

Or not :/
Thread's called "Weirdest Videogame" not "Shittiest Videogame."

I'm absolutely baffled no one's mentioned Katamari Damacy, Cubivore or Seaman.

Maybe because a lot of people have heard of them, but not mant have played them. Seaman is completely insane though.