• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wela Volcano: The Golem, the Graveler and the Hikers! (1038)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1038.jpg

Wela Volcano: The Golem, the Graveler and the Hikers!

Some strange signals have started coming from Wela Volcano which are interfering with the process Lusamine uses to track the Ultra Wormholes so she sends the Ultra Guardians to Wela Volcano to investigate. However, instead of finding more Ultra Beasts, they instead find a group of Alolan Geodude & Graveler who appear to be taking food from the humans. Will they be able to solve the mystery?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Definitely one reference here already. And of course it's a Jojo reference when Metang attacked the Alolan Golem. And I wonder how the Ultra Guardians got to have Poké Balls for the Ride Pokémon even though in the games they were called from the Ride Pager rather than being called from Poké Balls. The moustache fight between Metang and Alolan Golem was already hilarious. And more memes here (but a rather old one), the three hikers T-posed near the end.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I liked how they referenced how Alolan Golem use Geodude to make up for them being unable to fire rocks rapidly. Now if only they did the same for Rhyperior.

And I wonder how the Ultra Guardians got to have Poké Balls for the Ride Pokémon

Because they belong to the Aether Foundation and not the company that trains Ride Pokemon like in the games?

even though in the games they were called from the Ride Pager rather than being called from Poké Balls.

Not exactly. There's a silver-colored Poke Ball inserted into the Ride Pager, and that's how you summon the Ride Pokemon. The game literally never mentions this fact, but you can see it on the official artwork for Poke Ride.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Oh look, another bullshit filler *snores*....wake me up when something interesting happens *goes back to sleep*...

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Because they belong to the Aether Foundation and not the company that trains Ride Pokemon like in the games?
Not too sure on that. We know that Kiawe is the only one who owns his own Ride Pokémon. But most likely the others could be owned by Aether Foundation and they provide the Ride Pokémon to the Ultra Guardians.
Not exactly. There's a silver-colored Poke Ball inserted into the Ride Pager, and that's how you summon the Ride Pokemon. The game literally never mentions this fact, but you can see it on the official artwork for Poke Ride.
It looks similar and functions similarly to a Poké Ball but how can it hold multiple Pokémon?

D

Deleted member 384931

Isnt it sad that a couple of hikers catch a pokémon faster then some main characters? A waste! A waste for chargabug! 3/10 nothing positive to say, was boring! Did we really wait 3 weeks for 5 fillers in a row?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Isnt it sad that a couple of hikers catch a pokémon faster then some main characters? A waste! A waste for chargabug! 3/10 nothing positive to say, was boring! Did we really wait 3 weeks for 5 fillers in a row?
Last week wasn’t really all filler. KenzeyEevee trying to sound serious again as usual!

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Most notable thing about this episode: Oh hey is that music from I Choose You during the Metang/Goronya battle? I do believe it is. Pretty sure that's the first time that movie's score has made it into the show.

Now they had better give us Bye Bye Butterfree and To Each Their Own Way at some point or another! Those themes have been absent from the show for far too long!!

Remix2

So we have a UG episode which you will think that will mean something plot important might happened , but nope it just another filler.

Can we pls get to the plot already?

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I was never looking forward to this episode so I didn't like it very much outside of a few moments:

-More focus on the boys
-Loved seeing Metagross defending the boys and Pikachu, Togemaru, and Marowak cheering for it.
-That part where Graveler's facial hair kept popping up on ether it or Metagross' face to where the Geodude didn't know who to cheer for (kind of like the constant switch of who's the leader).
-Graveler throwing Geodude like bullets, that was awesome to watch!
-BGM of grand piano playing
-The deadly T Pose
-The Hikers getting a new Pokémon (I have a feeling they're going to get one more Pokémon to fit their Mountain Men numbers.)
-Eevee segment

Other than that, this episode was boring. Kind of reminds me of the Roark episodes which were my least favorite. Not a fan of watching underground hiking and digging. I bet the girls sat this one down while the boys had their own mini adventure.

nickdt

Another boring filler, ugh. They cannot even afford so many fillers. It seems Charjabug stays as is, which means Hau likely has a Vikavolt.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
LMAO this episode was an absolute joke. The Ultra Guardians all went together there for such trivial stuff, no UB's involved, just the Alolan Golem line causing some ruckus because of some petty issues with some......never mind Thunder Stones. That fight between Sophocles' Ride Metang and Alolan Golem was just nonsensical in my book. WTF was going on with Metang apparently 'attracting' and attaching the magnetic body parts of Alolan Golem to itself??? Doesn't really make any sense via Pokelogic. Only thing that was notable here was Ash and co. for the first time being shown using their Pokeballs of their Ride Pokemon.

Incredibly boring and nonsensical filler this. 2/10.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I won't lie but the Eevee segment stole the spotlight from the whole episode to me, I mean Eevee is gaining experience by having fun swimming, staying on top of Mantine despite its frantic moves and confronting waves.

But yeah, the diggers are acting like arrogant jerks until Kiawe's Marowak beat their Pensir with his Alolan Marowak, they became cowards. Damn, that Alolan is powerful, even managed to defeat Pikachu in one hit, despite the latter can defeat a legendary back in DP.

The Metang & Golem swapping moustaches as odd and it seems that it's the thing that the Alolan Gravelers & Geodudes are worshipping apparently. Yeah, the hikers managed to capture the Pokemon of The Day, probably never hear of it in the future.

Ok episode I guess, for the reason mentioned in the 1st sentence.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
As of this week, it seems Kenyu Horiuchi is officially the new narrator. Makes sense, I guess, he replaced Okido and now he's also taken over Ishizuka's other most prominent role. I sort of assumed they'd just stick with Keiichi Nakagawa though, after he'd already narrated several episodes (not all of which Kukui was even in otherwise) and had managed to replicate Ishizuka's inflections so well that I didn't even notice that it was a different actor back in the spa episode.

DatsRight

As of this week, it seems Kenyu Horiuchi is officially the new narrator. Makes sense, I guess, he replaced Okido and now he's also taken over Ishizuka's other most prominent role. I sort of assumed they'd just stick with Keiichi Nakagawa though, after he'd already narrated several episodes (not all of which Kukui was even in otherwise) and had managed to replicate Ishizuka's inflections so well that I didn't even notice that it was a different actor back in the spa episode.

Same, this was actually the first time I really noticed the narrator was a different actor, not that he's doing a bad job or anything, but why switch when you already were using a near perfect replica?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I don't know how I felt about this episode at first, but it's actually one of my favorite fillers. I love that Metang got some characterization and that it actually cared for the boys. The Alola Geodude line, my favorite Alola Forms, finally got a good episode (would've preferred a capture but oh well) rather than small antagonizing roles. The metallic face gag actually made me laugh. Only issue is the Hikers (will forever hate Hiker David) and lack of Charjabug (really writers?) 9.5/10

Hey, we've had worse. Last week's episode comes to mind

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
disappointed in the fact that this was a filler (seriously, unless sm92 having james and faba become friends and 94 showing acerola's shuppet count, this is the 5th filler in a row, and this was a gloden opportunity for vikavolt), good episode otherwise (well, if I could understand what they were saying at least). Pre subs: 6.5/10