• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Welcome To Jamrock (UU RMT)

Big Beluga

u r a fatty
Welcome To Jamrock

450.png
407.png
9.png
508.png
609.png
142.png

Introduction:
well when the new mons such as chandelure, hippo, machamp, and tornadus dropped down to uu, there were quite a few changes to the metagame. due to this, i set out to try and find what playstyle / mons would be successful in the new meta. after testing numerous teams (mostly non-weather bo) i decided to try out a sand team of my own since i was seeing a **** ton of them and they seemed to be pretty solid. with that said, though, i didn't want to use a copycat version of the standard sand team (hippo/ rade/ toise/ alakazam/ stoutland/ sableye, or something of the like). i wanted to be a little innovative so that i could deal with threats that usually give sand trouble and give me the upper edge on other bog standard teams. i originally was going to go with a more offensive approach, but after interchanging numerous slots in order to patch up weaknesses, the finished product sort of took on a slight quick-stall feel. the teams success lies in being after to soak up hits and set up hazards early in the match so that my two make-shift cleaners can pick up the remnants of the opposing team in the end. now, although this team has seen early success (i'm sitting at 1336 on the uu ladder in the early stages of my ladder run, and i'm 3-0 in the home field advantage tourney with it so far), it does need some nitpicking and last minute rates so that i can make it as solid as possible, so that's why i'm posting it. ok so yeah rate my team! oh btw, on a side note, i'm laddering with this team on the alt 'merther', which is a reference to damian marley's line "down in the streets they call it merther" in the song "welcome to jamrock", so that's where i got the name of this rmt.

-----​

450.png

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 236 HP / 152 Def / 116 SDef / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic

once i said i was abusing a sand team, this slot should of been obvious. while usually not directly contributing to a match that much, it's hippo's support traits that make it one of the most vital members on the team. first of all, he brings about the sand that this team needs to be successful. it allows stoutland to be fast as hell, makes aero a great special tank, and provides another means of secondary damage on the opposing team. secondly, hippo is my sr layer. with threats like zapdos, chandelure, victini, darmanitan, and tornadus looming, it's incredibily beneficial for any team to run sr, and my team especially can use all the secondary damage it can get. lastly, hippo is my main physical pivot. i can use it's immense bulk to soak up hits from rhyperior, heracross, krookodile, golurk, and bisharp, among others, and then proceed to set up sr, spread toxic, or pivot to my other hazards layers / stallers. hippo's also my best bet for electrics like rotom-h, zapdos, and raikou. that's why i have a little bit of spd investment, and also why i'm considering stone edge > toxic. 236 hp is a lefties number and 156 def is a jump point.

407.png

Roserade (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SAtk / 236 SDef / 8 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Rest

hippo's partner in crime. roserade provides me with a good switch-in into bulky waters, grasses, and other special attackers that plague hippowdon. furthermore, it makes the other half of my spikestacking duo by laying down spikes, which should be no surprise because most uu teams abuse spikes anyways. spikes just add another layer of residual damage for this team to abuse and allow me to break down opposing defensive teams a lot easier and allow powerful sweepers limited opportunities to wreak havoc. roserade also has a couple of subtle traits that lets the team run a lot smoother. for example, it's poison typing lets it soak up toxic spikes so i don't have to risk damage on toise to get them off the field and natural cure lets me use rade as a make-shift status absorber. as for the ev spread, i know it's not the standard all out spd spread that you might be accustomed to seeing on stall oriented teams, but it's the spread i've been using since the formation of the bw uu tier. it makes it a lot harder for sub cmers like mismagius and raikou to set up on you, allows me to hit suicune a lot harder after it calm minds, destroys dumb xatu's that try to block my spikes, and just makes roserade overall harder to switch-in to. also, with the extra health i gain from a more powerful giga drain, the bulk lost from not using a calm natured set is often offset. as for changes i'm willing to make, i've actually been meaning to test out aromatherapy somewhere. it'd help a lot against random status which most of my mons hate, but i honestly don't know what move to exchange for it.

9.png

Blastoise (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Roar

rounding out my immediate and standard defensive core is the illustrious blastoise. ok who am i kidding, blastoise sucks and i wouldn't be using him if he wasn't the best / most viable spinner atm. nonetheless, he plays a key role in the success of this team and can be helpful sometimes. as i said, rapid spin is pretty much the only thing keeping me from using a different bulky water. this is because i absolutely need rapid spin. stall teams in the first place loath hazards, then add the fact that two of my members are sr weak (aero and chandelure) and you'd understand why that is. blastoise is the best spinner available because it provides useful resistances, a good defensive pivot, can beat froslass one-on-one, and isn't slow as **** like hitmontop and donphan, enabling it to spin against slower teams. blastoise also kinda comes in handy when i need to pHaze out a threat like dd kingdra in an emergency. the ev spread is pretty self explanatory, max defense for maximum tanking potential. for the other moves, scald allows me to burn random stuff and annoy the **** out of my opponent and ice beam hits grasses and dragons harder.

508.png

Stoutland (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Frustration
- Crunch
- Fire Fang
- Wild Charge

as the only real 'hard hitter' on the team, i rely on stoutland a ton to clean up a match in which i've set the stage for it by spreading hazards and abusing all my residual damage. stoutland has become a staple on pretty much every sand team, and for good reason. just like excadrill did in ou, stoutland can revenge kill basically anything in the sand, even boosted mons, and lays the hurt on the opponent with it's destructive STAB. whenever i'm in trouble and on the brink of losing, it's almost always stoutland who gets me out of it just because of his revenge killing capabilities factoring in it's tremendous speed. what really makes stoutland a team player, though, is it's synergy with the team. it provides the perfect offensive cleaner for a secondary damage based team, brings some speed to a rather slow team, checks overly powerful sweepers that my walls can't handle. hippowdon then in return provides the sand to boost stoutland's speed and a switch-in into the steels and rocks that wall stoutland. the ev spread is standard max atk, and the moveset is pretty much all stoutland has access to. i mostly spam frustration, but in the off chance that i need to catch an incoming escavalier, ghost, or empoleon, i'll use one of it's otherwise useless coverage moves.

609.png

Chandelure (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 16 SDef / 92 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split

this was the last member added, so it's kinda the missing piece that i was looking for to patch up all the weaknesses sand teams usually have. first and foremost, chandelure actually gives me a fighting chance against hail team, easily switching into abomasnow and spiker froslass. from there, it can fire off a some fairly strong STABs or spread burn with WoW. on top of that, chandelure functions as this team spin-blocker, making sure all the turns i use to set up hazards don't go to waste. this is also part of the reason why i went with a bulky spread and set rather than a standard offensive variation. chandelure has some very nice resistances and immunities that are incredibly helpful, and it has acceptable bulk which allows it to use them. it can switch into stallbreaker mew, victini, darmanitan, machamp, heracross, and roserade rather easily, all who would give my team a lot of trouble if i didn't have chandy. the ev spread and set are both tailored to make switching into and handling the aforementioned threats a lot easier. 248 hp is to maximize both physical and special bulk, 92 spe lets me outrun minimum speed roserade and most bulky waters, calm + 16 spd helps with special bulk and is a jump point, and the rest is thrown into defense. flamethrower and shadow ball are my two STABs, which are still pretty strong coming off of 326 spa. WoW is awesome for cutting powerful physical attackers like rhyperior's and machamp's attack in half. pain split is a terribly unreliable way to stay healthy, but hey, it's all i got. something that i could use advice on is whether i should use energy ball > shadow ball, because bulky waters are the most common switch-ins into chandy.

142.png

Aerodactyl (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Rock Slide
- Roost

last but definitely not least, we have aerodactyl, the second part of my cleaning tag team. i've referenced aero throughout the rmt, but i don't really think i've put enough emphasis on how vital aero really is to this team. after playing all the matches i have, i can confidently say that aero is the glue that holds this team together and makes it so successful. it does this by performing numerous tasks throughout the match. for one, with the sand boosting it's spd due to it's rock typing, aero is actually a very good special tank, capable of easily checking threats such as alakazam and mismagius with it's speed and bulk. continually, aero also functions as this teams answer to opposing stall. having one of the fastest taunts in the game in conjunction with toxic spells death for a lot of stall teams already, but when you add entry hazards to punish constant switches to avoid taunts and toxics, oppsing stall often just crumbles. these same traits also make aero successful against offensive oriented teams. aero can prevent opposing mons for stat boosting, can can slowly wear them down with pressure, toxic damage, and it's reasonable bulk. thirdly, aerodactyl actually has a very beneficial typing for sand teams in general. it gives me a ground immunity so that cb rhyperior doesnt rape me and gives me a nice check to the bu acrobatics tornadus set that's growing in poularity. with the sand boost that i mentioned before, i can also even switch into threats such as roserade and chandelure and win one-one-one.

and that's the team. hope you enjoyed reading it, because i certainly enjoyed writing it! (not really, it was actually fairly time consuming and boring at times). i'd really appreciate any and all feedback because i think this team has potential to be one of my best.

Smugleaf-pwns-all

Here comes the storm
slowking with flamethrower/psyshock/scald/slack off might be a problem for this team but i digress
its a good team nonetheless and i dont see any HUGE problems

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
slowking with flamethrower/psyshock/scald/slack off might be a problem for this team but i digress
its a good team nonetheless and i dont see any HUGE problems

Chandelure can counter it if predicted correctly. Come in on a flamethrower or a slack off and blow it to crap with a shadow ball. Also, Giga Drain will hurt it from Roserade and unfavorable weather (sandstorm) will have it pressed. There are problems to the team, but I'm afraid Slowking/Slowbro isn't top of that list.

Last edited:

Big Beluga

u r a fatty
i'll admit that my first switch-in to most bulky waters is roserade, so if they catch with with a psyshock i'm kinda ****ed. otherwise, slowking is just too damn slow to be a threat because rade and chandy can both take it out, while it has to worry about being toxic'd by both aero and hippo.

if it'll help, the biggest threats i've found to this team so far are empoleon and kingdra.

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
i'll admit that my first switch-in to most bulky waters is roserade, so if they catch with with a psyshock i'm kinda ****ed. otherwise, slowking is just too damn slow to be a threat because rade and chandy can both take it out, while it has to worry about being toxic'd by both aero and hippo.

if it'll help, the biggest threats i've found to this team so far are empoleon and kingdra.

Kingdra does tend to be a pain simply because the only real "cover" you have for it is to throw dragon attacks at it. Empoleon can be covered by tossing in a little more fighting / ground attack coverage and opting in a good water wall like Quagsire with Water Absorb (which coincentally would help slightly with the Dra problem).

EDIT: Gastrodon is OU.... duh. Still, Quagsire with Water Absorb same diff.

Last edited:

jacques

Banned
this very good team best in uu i even watch it beat whitequeen hail once so epic :D i find no weakness you beat empoleon with smart move and kingdra hard to beat spec draco meteor hurt,maybe when sandslash am release you can use sandslash before stoutland and use empoleon because blastoise not that great rly. awesome team :

edit;because sandslash fast with sandrush and learn rapid spin if i am not clear and same power with stout :D

Last edited:

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
this very good team best in uu i even watch it beat whitequeen hail once so epic :D i find no weakness you beat empoleon with smart move and kingdra hard to beat spec draco meteor hurt,maybe when sandslash am release you can use sandslash before stoutland and use empoleon because blastoise not that great rly. awesome team :D

Sandslash is a nice pokemon, but currently doesn't have access to use Sand Rush (which will arguably launch it into OU when it does). Without Sand Rush, Sandslash is a decent, but not great, UU addition. Losing stoutland takes away a much appreciated Wild Charge to help check empoleon.

Big Beluga

u r a fatty
posts deleted and what not. you're really gonna argue about pointless **** in my thread?

yea you should probably stop. back to the rating!

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
Indeed, pointless dribble. On to my continued honest rate. I think your team is well constructed and the threats you mentioned are just overall common threats in the UU tier. Quagsire can help, but it's from a lesser tier. I think you'll be stretched for the best possible counters without dipping into the lower tiers. That in turn means you'll encounter more problems as opposed to less.