• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Welcome to Narrioh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemonmaster8

Blowing your mind
"(inco.)"​

Let me start by saying "Konnichiwa". Hi to every one of you pokemon fans out there.

Welcome to Narrioh region! **confetti rockets go off**

now, on to the art.

ONIXREVOLUTION.jpg
(c) Here is the basic start of the region.

you want to request anything for my site request away. (It will go under our name)(An image w/ "(c)" by it means you can not use it w/o our written permission)

if "(inco.)" is at the top of a post, it is incomplete

Here are the starters (some may be familiar)

Starters--

Fire

Charmander 0001 --> Charmeleon 0002 --> Charizard 0003
c.bmp
ch.bmp
cha.bmp

Cyndiquil 0010 --> Quillava 0011 --> Typlosion 0012

Torchic 0018 --> Combusken 0019 --> Blaziken 0020

Chimchar 0026 --> Monferno 0027 --> Infernape 0028

Swiftspark 0035 (c) --> Speedflame 0036 (c) --> Explousion 0037 (c)

Water

Squirtle 0004 --> Wartortle 0005 --> Blastoise 0006
s.bmp
w.bmp
bl.bmp

Totodile 00 --> Croconaw 00 --> Feraligater 00
totodile.bmp
croconaw.bmp
feraligater.bmp

Mudkip 00 -> Marshtomp 00 --> Swampert 00

Piplup 00 --> Prinplup 00 --> Empoleon 00

Sinnoh region stole mine

Grass

Bulbasaur 0007 --> Ivysaur 0008 --> Venusaur 0009
b.bmp
bu.bmp
bul.bmp

Chicorita 00 --> Bayleef 00 --> Meganium 00

Treeko 00 --> Grovyle 00 --> Sceptile 00

Turtwig 00 --> Grotle 00 --> Torterra 00

Sinnoh region stole mine

Last edited:

JolteonShock

<<Squishy loves you!
First off, this should be in the Fan Sprites section.
Secondly, all you did was take an Onix sprite, copy and paste on some wings or anything, recolour, then say it's a re element. You could've tried scratching some things at least!

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
"(inco.)"​

Let me start by saying "Konichiua". Hi to every one of you pokemon fans out there.

Welcome to Narrioh region! **confetti rockets go off**

now, on to the art.

ONIXREVOLUTION.jpg
(c) Here is the basic start of the region.

you want to request anything for my site request away. (It will go under our name)(An image w/ "(c)" by it means you can not use it w/o our written permission)

if "(inco.)" is at the top of a post, it is incomplete

Here are the starters (some may be familiar)

Starters--

Fire

Charmander 0001 --> Charmeleon 0002 --> Charizard 0003

Firstly, if you don't know Japanese, don't attempt to speak it. It makes us people who actually go to the effort of taking classes at school, look like retards. It's spelt "Konnichiwa", and you could at the very least, learn to spell that right before you go posting it.

Flying type Onix's wings are obviously Swellow's. If you're going to do re-elements, blend it in, and put more overall effort into it.

Dragon type Onix's wings are Salamence's, and they aren't even aligned properly to each other. One is higher up than the other, and it looks completely wrong. Take a look at existing sprites and images and observe how the wings are set out. And then work from there.

Bug type is Scyther's wings, and they're poorly attatched. They definitely don't look like they belong. The ones on each side are also just copy+paste swapovers. You need to learn to edit them a little to make them look a bit different, as well as trying a little bit of scratching here and there. Not everything can be grabbed from an existing sprite.

You need to focus on the colours you choose for recolouring. Not only do some of them not work at all, but alot of them look like they could come from GBC. Reference from existing sprites and see which shades go well with what.

And what's this about having Charmander's family as a starter? I thought you were making your own region. You need to make your own starters.

Save in PNG, not JPEG, otherwise it just makes the pics look gross. )=

Sorry to say. This isn't even a region. It's just a group of poorly-made recolours/fusions*if you'd even call them that*

Last edited:

pikalax

Back in the OLDEN days...
Ultimate phail. Sorry, bro, but I was expecting a region map, not an image of elemental Onixes. Next time, try to at least get the image and the topic to match up.

0/10

pokemonmaster8

Blowing your mind
UHHH! My post isn't finished! I will accept good ol' constructive criticism. Not what I am getting! I am looking for silver-linings in these posts

JolteonShock:
First off, this should be in the Fan Sprites section.
Secondly, all you did was take an Onix sprite, copy and paste on some wings or anything, recolour, then say it's a re element. You could've tried scratching some things at least!
I am not having sprites only. I am doing my best. I used to combine random pokemon together, but now I am actually trying to be origional

LoneStarAkira:
(1)Firstly, if you don't know Japanese, don't attempt to speak it. It makes us people who actually go to the effort of taking classes at school, look like retards. It's spelt "Konnichiwa", and you could at the very least, learn to spell that right before you go posting it.

(2)Flying type Onix's wings are obviously Swellow's. If you're going to do re-elements, blend it in, and put more overall effort into it.

(3)Dragon type Onix's wings are Salamence's, and they aren't even aligned properly to each other. One is higher up than the other, and it looks completely wrong. Take a look at existing sprites and images and observe how the wings are set out. And then work from there.

(4)Bug type is Scyther's wings, and they're poorly attatched. They definitely don't look like they belong. The ones on each side are also just copy+paste swapovers. You need to learn to edit them a little to make them look a bit different, as well as trying a little bit of scratching here and there. Not everything can be grabbed from an existing sprite.

(5)You need to focus on the colours you choose for recolouring. Not only do some of them not work at all, but alot of them look like they could come from GBC. Reference from existing sprites and see which shades go well with what.

(6)And what's this about having Charmander's family as a starter? I thought you were making your own region. You need to make your own starters.

(7)Save in PNG, not JPEG, otherwise it just makes the pics look gross. )=

(8)Sorry to say. This isn't even a region. It's just a group of poorly-made recolours/fusions*if you'd even call them that*
(1)I understand what you mean. I thought it was spelled like that but i pulled my brain out, put it on a missile, and sent it to Lithuania. 3 days laer it fell from an airplane in a box onto my lap.
(2) Yeah. It wasn't my fave. I just had no clue what to do.
(3) Same as Swellow-Onix I had trouble It looked odd to me too.
(4) Yeah, but I was unsure of what to do.
(5)Ok. Explain what you mean. (I fell hard yesterday and I'm easily confused now)
(6)I am, I thought it to be different to have multiple choices for starters between individual type's
(7) One problem. I used BMP not JPEG nor PNG
(8) Ok now that's just rude! It wasn't constructive. It made me feel enraged. But your pm note's point is taken.
Sorry for sending that pm. I acted like a 3-year-old

Pikalax:
Ultimate phail. Sorry, bro, but I was expecting a region map, not an image of elemental Onixes. Next time, try to at least get the image and the topic to match up.

0/10
Ok. "phail" is "Fail"
It was my start to the region.
And that is cruel. It's a few days old!
Your sig pokemon is a common idea. I even thought of that and is on my old site (a drawing).Good job though:) it looks great!

Aeroblaster:
I've never seen a region with such identical pokemon.
Also, these are sprites, and should probably go in the Fan Sprite Section
(1)The onixes are an idea. (2)There will be drawings and paintings as well.

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
Reply to #1:
Yeah. I understand. ^^; I take Japanese at school, and I spend alot of my time on DeviantART, where EVERYONE wants to be a Wannabe Japanese, and pretend that they know the whole world of it *which they don't*. So it just gets to me very quickly. >D

Reply to #5:
The colours you've chosen for your Onixes aren't right for each other. Some lighter shades are far too light, and some look too flurescent. That's why I say, look at other sprites, and see which shades go better with each other.

Reply to #6:
I guess that idea is alright, but you might need to think about what it's like in the other games. Besides Emerald, all of the other games only have 1 set of starters.
I noticed you added more to your first post, but I think you should stick with your own for now.

Reply to #7:
Some Image Hosting places, if you upload something as BMP ******** does this*, saves it as JPEG. So, to get rid of that, save them in either GIF or PNG to begin with. Although, with GIF, don't save it that way through MS Paint, save it through a more decent program that doesn't distort colours.

Reply to #8:
I was pretty grumpy, myself, as well. I am sorry for that. Just, at the first glance, it seems like a simple set of recolours, not a region.

To avoid that to happen again, you might need to prepare a little bit more first. Make some different sprites, as well as maybe a plan for a map, or some other Pokemon. Post those along with it, instead of simply a set of recolours, otherwise people get the wrong impression.

And not everything has to be constructive. The rest of my post was constructive; the last sentences were a conclusion. What I thought in general of your region. Sometimes you need to accept these opinions from people.

I would usually say something good about a piece of art, but only if there is something I like about it, in my personal opinion. I can't lie and say that I love it to pieces.
I know you're probably thinking, "Well, don't post if you don't like it". Well, if I don't post, others would have written what I wrote anyway, so I preffered to step in and give some advice *a little bit harsh, I do know, and I apologise*.

Oh, and Pikalax, saying Phail, that's internet-speak for Fail... So, yeah. ^^;

And I understand that the last part of my message was kind of hurtful, but there have been alot of people come across Serebii, who don't even try to put in an effort, and it's stressing alot of us. I accept your apology, and I hope you can accept mine too.

Anyways, I'd like to see some of your original stuff. :3 Especially your Fire starters, they seem cool. *judging by their names. LOL. I reckon they'd suit lions or snakes...*

Last edited:

mangaeyes

They're in the wrong section and they're hideous.

Its Onix with some other pokemon sprites and items C+P'd onto him or on some, just dangling around him.

JolteonShock

<<Squishy loves you!
Sorry if i came off a little harsh, I was having a real bad day...*I got a basketball in the face and had a bloddy nose for the rest of the day, failed a math test and had to redo it.*
And now I see what your doing with the starters...You're putting all of them in one game and adding your own! i didn't understand that before because they just had the Char trio. But that's actually really cool!

pokemonmaster8

Blowing your mind
I litterally feel your pain. I faceplanted during b-ball practice. I accept your apology.

This is probably the wrong place but I have a chao on a sonic game on G.cube named Bobby. I can't level it up and it doesn't have a stat over lv 5! HELP! (I don't mind having 1 side descussion on my thread at a time. That is if it's v.g. related.)

Anyone have an idea for my fire starters' pictures?

Last edited:

Amazing Red

These are ok. I'd give it a 7/10

And the ice one isn't much of a differnce between a regular onix.

pokemonmaster8

Blowing your mind
UPDATE

I Have Badges And A Region Map
badges.bmp
badges.bmp

And Amazing Red! Thanx!

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Hello!
Good thing I read your other posts and reviews before posting, or else... I don't know what.

So, basically, Your doing this as a region, right?
And, since you already have this thread, you wanted to put your other stuff in too?

In that case, I would put the seperate sections in seperate spoilers, to organise it.
Like Akira, I think the starter you made is gonna be great!
But, If the sinnoh region stole your water and grass ones, make new ones! I'll be great!

By the way... You say you have badges and a region map, but I don't see them...

I will now attempt to guess what your fire starters are!
Are they, by any chance, cheatas?

Avidly awaiting the fake starters!

See Ya Later!

pokemonmaster8

Blowing your mind
Kindrindra: they are supposed to be kitten -> liger -> tigon don't get me started, though, on this, please for the sake of my thread! And thank you.

I am glad I am getting positive encouragement.

I am thinking of putting my Flymouska (drawing incomplete) as my region's electric starter. Shocking, isn't it?
This is the only region other than Kanto's yellow version that lets you have an electric starter. What do you think?

Zeeky H. Bomb

that Krell guy
Shocking, isn't it?
AAGH, THE PUNS BURN!

first of all, the title and the whole first post gave me deja vu. not sure why. :p

second, where are your own creations? all i see are some badly copy/pasted sprites (no offense) and official art of past starters. the names "explousion" and "flymouska" sound interesting, and so does the ditto evolution you mentioned, but i'd like to actually see them.

May's brother

Now to the Maxtreme!
AAGH, THE PUNS BURN!

first of all, the title and the whole first post gave me deja vu. not sure why. :p

second, where are your own creations? all i see are some badly copy/pasted sprites (no offense) and official art of past starters. the names "explousion" and "flymouska" sound interesting, and so does the ditto evolution you mentioned, but i'd like to actually see them.

Quoted for the truth.

You seriously need to improve. You have just put up really bad sprites and already existing starters. Therefore, there is no art to critisize, just sprites.
I would much prefer it if we got to see these fabled drawings I hope to see in the near future, so I can see your drawing skill, rather than your spriting skill.

pokemonmaster8

Blowing your mind
I almost have my fire line done! Yeah! :)

...I have a chao on a sonic game on G.cube named Bobby. I can't level it up and it doesn't have a stat over lv 5! HELP! (I don't mind having 1 side descussion on my thread at a time. That is if it's v.g. related.)

Remember my chao? Bobby? He grew to all lv.10 stats! I did nothing to him! and he's almost a hero!!! WICKED! & Wierd! He's like 4 months old! (Not bad since it's my friends game so i rarely play it.) Go Chao, GO!

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
What do you mean by the "Sinnoh region stole mine?"

If you mean by ideas and such, they didn't "steal" them, because the company doesn't know anyone here, so they wouldn't have stolen ideas.

You could always come up with NEW ideas. *shrug*

pokemonmaster8

Blowing your mind
No they coincidentally had the same pokemon idea

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.