• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Welcome to Teara Region (Dex)

Pokemon Cobalt Dex

Hi, most of you remember me but for those who don't I have a game I am working on with a few other people called Pokemon Cobalt. I have been working on a fakedex for a while now and I need lots of criticism on the sprites. I am not getting enough at my forum.

So please c+c all of the fakemon with a white backround. Please do not criticize me on the ones with a light red backround. I know that they are not great quailty already. They will be re-sprited in the near future. Also I know most of the information is not listed and there are no shadows on the far right column. I will fix it with the next update.

pokedex2-2.png

I only want critisism on the sprites with a white backround NOT the ones with a red backround, thank you.

Last edited:

granbull guy

Vasoline
Love the Prevos can you slip a Aipom Prevo in there also maybe a Granbull Evolution?

~Jocelyn~

trainer spriter
Like the dex. Do often update it for me,please.

Love the Prevos can you slip a Aipom Prevo in there also maybe a Granbull Evolution?

thedudemister said:
I have been working on a fakedex for a while now and I need lots of criticism on the sprites. I am not getting enough at my forum.
Oh, wow guys. You should at LEAST give some criticism for the fakemons. Not just spam.

I have some criticism for some of them-
Lapras pre evo- The head looks like the one on Lapras with his head down, so maybe try to lift it up and maybe and some kind of shell on it's back.
Marrgon pre evo-The whole body looks unatrual, Maybe make the body a bit bigger and add pupils to his eyes.
Marrgon- The pose is awesome, best one yet. ^^
Water starter final evo- Looks good, but the tail seems a bit small.

Overall, All the sprite look awesome! ^^

Last edited:

pbfhdude

What makes you think that the ones with the red background aren't good quality?
They look pretty darn good to me.

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Cunion looks oddly familiar... Are you on Neopets by any chance? [Onion Chia!]
people have tried those prevos before, but yours are the most original!

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
The unnamed turtle needs shading on the flippers, and the penguins might benifit from a highlight shade.

The meowth prevo's head coin is at a different angle to the head. Is this on purpose?

Also, one of your sprites has a glow while the others don't. Any reason?

pikadude43

these are quite good but the ghost pokemon which is green is just a huanter really with a few edits to it (this isnt crit its something you should keep in mind )
the grass starter final evo the body is in a weird position and the leaf needs editing where it joins onto the head

Last edited:

Sharpedo Master

Hi. I love the dex and the pokemon in it, but, when i noticed the pokemon that resembles Haunter it REALLY inspired me to make something like that. You may want to use this sprite, and i give full credit to whoever made the original [mine isnt coloured/shaded btw] And dont have a go at me for doing any of this but, really, i think the original work was truly inspiring, which is the whole reason i made mine. ;)

Down below:

funstuff.png

Oh, wow guys. You should at LEAST give some criticism for the fakemons. Not just spam.

I have some criticism for some of them-
Lapras pre evo- The head looks like the one on Lapras with his head down, so maybe try to lift it up and maybe and some kind of shell on it's back.
Marrgon pre evo-The whole body looks unatrual, Maybe make the body a bit bigger and add pupils to his eyes.
Marrgon- The pose is awesome, best one yet. ^^
Water starter final evo- Looks good, but the tail seems a bit small.

Overall, All the sprite look awesome! ^^

Thanks for the crit. I fixed the tail on the water starter. I used the same one the Aquakip made but made it a bit smaller because his was to big. I will fix the others when I have time.

MetalFlygon08 said:
The UFO one almost looks to kiddy-ish for pokemon sprites, at least IMO.
Not all fakemon need to adult like. It looks fine to me.

Will-powered Spriter said:
The unnamed turtle needs shading on the flippers, and the penguins might benifit from a highlight shade.

The meowth prevo's head coin is at a different angle to the head. Is this on purpose?

Also, one of your sprites has a glow while the others don't. Any reason?

Please read, "Please do not criticize me on the ones with a light red backround."
I know the flaws in them already that is why they are on the waiting list to be re-sprited.

One of the has a glow because it was a contest entry that I decided to add to the dex.

pikadude43 said:
these are quite good but the ghost pokemon which is green is just a huanter really with a few edits to it (this isnt crit its something you should keep in mind )
the grass starter final evo the body is in a weird position and the leaf needs editing where it joins onto the head
Thanks. No that does not look like Haunter other than the hands. It is a completely different pokemon.
The grass starter looks fine to me but I did decide to re-sprite it because I think it is too big.

Hi. I love the dex and the pokemon in it, but, when i noticed the pokemon that resembles Haunter it REALLY inspired me to make something like that. You may want to use this sprite, and i give full credit to whoever made the original [mine isnt coloured/shaded btw] And dont have a go at me for doing any of this but, really, i think the original work was truly inspiring, which is the whole reason i made mine. ;)

Down below:

funstuff.png

Thanks, the design and orginal sprite was done by me but Aquakip fixed it up for me. I will be re-spriting it soon, maybe this afternoon. Ha! It rimes. XP

WOW! That is the longest quoted post for me by far. Thank goodness that the rest were just spam!
But seriously please do not spam my thread, you may say good things about my sprites and the others sprites but it does not help us get any better.

Fixed the dex up a bit. There are still some fakemon without names. If you have any suggestions on names please PM me.

Added two new fakemon done by Yoshinichi. Snowcap and Flureeze. Please look for them in the dex.

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
oh the final evo of the water starter is a bit too much of a jump from the previous evo. Let it keep its legs at least!

oh the final evo of the water starter is a bit too much of a jump from the previous evo. Let it keep its legs at least!

But then it wouldn't be very ghost-like, would it? ;3 The new version of Banentury is awesome, as it looks nothing like Haunter now for the most part.

Personally, I think the UFO Pokemon has sort of strange shading, although I can't exactly pinpoint what's wrong with it. I think the domea nd the ufo things head would have to be shaded similarly to how Castform's weather forms are shaded inside their "bubbles".

Flozer and Ginush are my favourites so far! They're really cute.~

Jegretis

<---My fave PKMN
Hey! long time no see, TDM! How've you been? Anyways, loving the new sprites. Also, from the three elemental pokemon(Water, Fire Electric) the electric one looks a bit awkward from the head part. It suddenly goes straight, or is it supposed to be like that?

Chire - could do with slightly larger paws perhaps.
Pupire - adorable. good as is. XD
Row 1, column 9 - interesting type combo. very original overall, keep it.
Ginush - I might make the bush bigger, but that's me.
Cunion - i might put the arms higher, but it's really cute as is too. There's something up with the shading, and spikes on the front paw look a bit odd.
#512 - Looks like it's about to tip over lol. something's up with the tail tip.
Licky - It has no back foot. it looks like it's standing on it's tongue.
Fawndeer - I might give it bigger eyes and smaller horns.
Misery - the far eye is too small, and you may want to dither the skirt more.
#517 - the horn seems a bit large and too far forward. it'd fall forward and break it's little nose.
Planda - Doesn't look like a pokemon. edit the face; use other pokemon as references.
#527 - same as above, and work on the shading.
Marrogon (x2) - I love them. they're so cool, and the proportions are perfect. my new fav fakemon.
Jelaunt - Doesn't look like a pokemon. shade the inside of the mouth.
Flozer - love it!
Omeie - move the mouth right 1 pix?
#552 - chest smaller?
#562 - whole face is weird.
Snocap - same as above, make face opening bigger, hat looks odd, re-shade stuff on belly.
Flureeze - lump on head looks a bit... lewd...
Water blob - looks a bit dorfy. redo eyes, possibly face.
Electric blob - Doesn't look like a pokemon.
Fire Blob - love it. might make it shinier, but that's me.
Last 7 by aquakip - don't look like pokemon much. many are a bit plain, and add that with the rounded, basic shapes, and they look a bit... boring. add more patterns and colors or stylize the basic body shapes some more.

Banentury - I'd dither the invisible area, but that's me.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Whoa, like the new banetury!
It looks... cute!

Now... crit so this isn't spam...
Er, Snohat's hat looks kinda flat, and a little high.