• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Welcome to the Myoto region!

Which starter would you choose?

• Cycadino

Votes: 108 33.3%
  • Bunnignite

Votes: 79 24.4%
  • Finsh

Votes: 137 42.3%

• Total voters
I see you still are going strong!
I really like the new fish line. Basic water type fish pokemon do often come of as very forgettable (I swear Lumneon is the most forgettable pokemon ever). But I think you made the designs very well and memorable. Keep up the good work!

Mitja

Veteran smartass
:3

#133 -- Eevee - Normal
#753 --lv@Wind Rock-> Galeon - Flying

This is essentially blasphemy, or as close as it gets, since I'm probably the number one person to try talking people out of making eeveelutions that don't make sense.

Because the concept behind Eevee is that it is a perfectly normal pet-like pokemon,
which upon exposure to a pure source of elemental energy undergoes a complete transformation, essentially fully gaining said elemental abilities.
That's what Eevee has always been about. And that's why I still stand at calling "********" whenever I see people make ones for silly types (especially Bug, Ghost, Dragon). I mean, what's it gonna be exposed to; a beetle rock, feel the aura of insectness and turn into a different kind of animal? Go and make a new pokemon that evolves into different species then, Eevee was never meant to do that.

The other types could be argued about (Ground/Rock/Steel, Fight/Poison), but my main counterargument is that these don't have that certain elemental feel, they're too much about physical stuff/minerals and startegy/technique.

So how the heck did I get to Flying?
Obviously anyone sticking wings on an Eevee and changing its colour is just as silly as any of the above.
It's Normal/Flying by all means in that case.
If a freaking balloon and a dragon with clouds for wings don't justify being true Flying pokemon, then a winged rodent doesn't even remotely.

One really core element has always been Wind. But there is no Wind type in Pkmn. For a good reason though. There simply isn't much you can do with it that wouldn't just as well fit into a few other types. There's things like Leaf Tornado and Leaf Storm, which would obviously stay Grass even if Wind existed as a type. Same if there was Sandstorm-esque moves etc. It's more of a side-effect or an extra. Just like light could be an attribute of Electric or even Fire (And Flash is Normal, with the only pkmn learning it being a Bug type, Volbeat..), making it a type doesn't make sense with how types are set up.

But moves that incorporate wind, but have zero relation with any actual type, the move does usually end up with being Flying, but even here you have exceptions like Whirlwind and Razor Wind where Normal seems to work just fine.

Thinking about all this, making an eeveelution whose look would not scream "Normal/Flying!" seemed like a big challenge. The result is Galeon.

Last edited:

Thermatic

GIMP Geek
So many of these are good. Kudos to you!
Even the ones I'm not so keen on are polished and are executed well!

Since you go to the effort of making them, I'll tell you my favourites (from myoto only):

First off, Cycadino would be my starter, coolest grass type ever. Petaldon, I mean, it looks like a dinosaur, so badass. Grass/Psychic is a terrible defensive typing but if its good enough for celebi, then its good enough for Petaldon ;D.

Now to list my absolute favourites that are just awe-inspiring:

Horrifox (So cool and menacing)
Tybird (its unique looking and very aestheticly pleasing)
Komodro (I love the design, a nice lizard appearance was cool metal ridges)
Rufougale (easily the most detailed fakemon you've made, they definitely look like they can handle themselves!)
Drabove (One of the most badass dragons I've ever seen)
Ambezia (It deserves its legendary status)
Magnean (same as above)

And some other good ones that are worth a mention:

Anoisquito
Zongallop
Simistrunk (lognut is even cooler imo)
Frosthrust
Mounteel
Osirius (the last evolution is a bit creepy and human-like, but this is awesome!)
Civadox
Hauborg
Magendolce
Pyroleo
Sorccult
Hyangodon
Ecloopiter

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome

Amazing. If your work was a potato, it would be a good potato.

If you're not some 13 year old (and judging by this work, doesn't look like it), they should hire you to make Pokemon! I already came up with a team in case that does happen. I think ahead of time ;).

Last edited:

Mitja

Veteran smartass
Amazing. If your work was a potato, it would be a good potato.

If you're not some 13 year old (and judging by this work, doesn't look like it), they should hire you to make Pokemon! I already came up with a team in case that does happen. I think ahead of time ;).

Ive been making fakemon for a decade, so no, I just got 22 XD
Some of the fakemon in the gallery are actually ones from even before gen III came out, well they underwent a good amount of changes up to their current versions :B

Right now I'm reconsidering my Urora plan.
I'm not confident I can come up with another 100 to complete it, so I'm considering throwing both projects into a single 200 pokes one. Which would mean 50 more (just about as many neat ideas I have halfway fleshed out in my mind by now), and I feel like some of the Myotomons need some tweaks and redesigns.

Oh and gamefreak doesnt hire non-japanese speaking people for a start, and its not like they have a shortage of ideas (I read once they throw more designs away each generation than they end up using for real to ensure its all interesting and fresh)

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome

Ive been making fakemon for a decade, so no, I just got 22 XD
Some of the fakemon in the gallery are actually ones from even before gen III came out, well they underwent a good amount of changes up to their current versions :B

Right now I'm reconsidering my Urora plan.
I'm not confident I can come up with another 100 to complete it, so I'm considering throwing both projects into a single 200 pokes one. Which would mean 50 more (just about as many neat ideas I have halfway fleshed out in my mind by now), and I feel like some of the Myotomons need some tweaks and redesigns.

Oh and gamefreak doesnt hire non-japanese speaking people for a start, and its not like they have a shortage of ideas (I read once they throw more designs away each generation than they end up using for real to ensure its all interesting and fresh)

I knew they wouldn't hire you, I was just exadderating how good of a potato you made.

Malumiras is a boss