• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Welcome to the new Serebii.net Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Hey all

Welcome back to the Serebii.net forums. We've undergone major changes with moving to the new XenForo system. All of your posts/messages should have come over, so don't worry.

With this, we have a number of QoL improvements including notifications, better UI, saving of threads you are constructing and so forth. We have also moved to this new URL. Previous one will automatically redirect to this one shortly, and everything should be fine. Searches will take a while as we rebuild the search index

We also allow for Custom Avatars finally, within reason. If anything dodgy is used, we will infract you. There are children here so be appropriate or don't use an avatar. I may make some galleries on this server of our old avatars from which you can source.

We've combined a few forums and minimised a few to provide a more streamlined experience. We didn't need to separate so many forums. That was absolute madness. In trying to focus the discussions, we ended up killing it.

Our rules are relaxed now. We won't jab at you if you make a thread that exists already and so forth. The rules still apply, but we're not going to be too restrictive. When a game comes out, we're not going to stop threads being made and so forth. That was a bit much. We do apologise for the times we were like that.

The style is a work in progress. Basics should be up and we expect to add more styles as time passes. We have our default style, and the "Happy Style" which is just XenForo's standard template. There will be more added in time, and improvements made to the default one

This relaunch is not without issue, however. We're noticing some weird issues with some forum permissions but we can't be sure we've solved it until we go live and have people letting us know. However, we can't test with standard users and think we've got it all sorted but we won't know for sure until things continue so use this thread to notify us of any weird quirks. We're also currently rebuilding the search index, so it'll be a few days before that is sorted.

In addition to that, if there's anything you want to see in this forum with the changes, let us know.

I hope these changes are everything you have hoped for, and more. We're going to be continually updating and upgrading the forums so this isn't a one-and-done thing.

Thank you for your patience during the upgrade

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
cont. can't seem to edit posts yet. I can't edit signatures, or I just can't find the button to do so. Same for avatars. Links to posts in the old forums don't seem to work anymore, instead redirecting to the main forum page. Also, standard style is a bit hard to read forum page links in the thread lists while happy style is really really bright.

Aposteriori

Unknown Chronicles Contributor
Thank you for the upgrade!
Crosspost:
1. Word count seems to have gone down, I can't edit my old posts via bb code because it gives me an error that states its too large.
2. Could we can an increase to the amount of images that can be hosted per post? (i think the current limit is 116 img bb codes)

Hydrangea

ask me about my ocs pls
Staff member
It looks great! I love xenforo.

With the permissions issues: I'm unable to access the "Your Account" page. It also appears as though I can't currently select any avatar at all. I'm sure this is just one of those weird issues you talked about though.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Currently lacking in permissions to view most of my settings/preferences as well as edit any of my own posts. Which is important, since the changeover got rid of custom BBCodes so I have a bunch of untagged spoiler tags I need to fix. <.<;

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Are there supposed to be banner ads in between posts on threads? That's really annoying in between where we also already have signatures with pictures and stuff

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
How the heck do we edit our posts and profiles now though?
It should be there as standard. I'm trying to work out why it's not appearing for people.
Are there supposed to be banner ads in between posts on threads? That's really annoying in between where we also already have signatures with pictures and stuff
No? There's only one advert and it's currently at the bottom

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
How do we post images in this new forum system?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
So what rules have changed besides the sub forums and talking about games after they have been released?

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
The default theme has a lot of black-on-dark-grey links that are nearly invisible, especially on the profile pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.