• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Welcome to the new Serebii.net Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two small questions.

1) are we going to change the character limit for VMs? Going from 2000 to 420 is a bit much and it’s completely thrown me off.

Wait WHAT?! Sweet mother of Arceus! That’s low! Good thing I won’t use it anymore maybe?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I have two small questions.

1) are we going to change the character limit for VMs? Going from 2000 to 420 is a bit much and it’s completely thrown me off.

2) are we going to make it so that posts in the games sub forum don’t add to our post count like before? People post A LOT in there.
I think there's either a way or an add on to increase the character limit. I believe bulbagarden has increased theirs to 4000, or at least for your own profile.

aw but I like that the post count goes up in the games forum now

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Is there a way to change the default number of posts-per-page?

Is there a way to change the default number of posts-per-page?

That reminds me, how many posts do appear on each page? Can that be changed in the PMs or something?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
That reminds me, how many posts do appear on each page? Can that be changed in the PMs or something?
I think 20 posts per page, which I think was the default on the old site too. As for changing it, I'm not sure if that's possible for regular users; maybe admins have the power for that.

Vipsoccermaster

Ah. Okay then. That’s fine. At least I don’t have to scroll so much on my phone. On the old site, I actually liked it set to 100 posts per page. (I dunno why. I just liked that.) What about PMs? How many posts on there before it makes a new page? 20 as well?

(I’ve go so many unanswered questions...)

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
No, there is not, unfortunately.
20 posts per page. And I don't think so.
It was 25 posts per page before the update.
Ah. It was probably 20 posts when I first joined then, or I changed my default to that on the old site then, can't remember

Also I keep on getting redirected to ad pages on mobile and it's really getting annoying.

Last edited:
I got mixed feeling about this change.
I mean, changes are good however I think the old site was so perfect, with that retrò style but quite functional. I miss pre-selected profile images, even if it was a kind of restriction (not so bad imo) but mainly the 3^gen celebi icon on sections, it was so iconic!

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I mean technically I guess it is lol It's just not the... proper shade of black? D: or darker grey. I tried it without the Extension, but the green is... it pops too much for my taste. I'll like things like the Black and White banner we had lol I'll wait *^*

I see i get you no worries for me on my end i don't mind the happy one atm just waiting for the new skins lol

Basically the way we did the tradeforums was notoriously cumbersome so now it's just a free-for-all :p

oh okay just was curious and how about the art shop section will that be fixed as well for the examples i can't edit my post yet until that is fixed since my examples are over 20+ images lol

nvm you must of fixed it since i have been offline for a few days lol

Last edited:

Aposteriori

Unknown Chronicles Contributor
I got mixed feeling about this change.
I mean, changes are good however I think the old site was so perfect, with that retrò style but quite functional. I miss pre-selected profile images, even if it was a kind of restriction (not so bad imo) but mainly the 3^gen celebi icon on sections, it was so iconic!
Recall that we premiered with two skins. Nothing will impede Serebii from down the road to introduce a classic skin that takes us back to that feeling of what will eventually be nostalgia.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Recall that we premiered with two skins. Nothing will impede Serebii from down the road to introduce a classic skin that takes us back to that feeling of what will eventually be nostalgia.
I'd love a remake of the vbulletin 3 default style now that I think about it.

Nostalgia! Yay! But for me, nostalgia will always be just a memory when it comes to Serebii now.

Musapion

Boulder Trainer
Being able to upload our own icons is so great!! Thank you. Although, Serebii did have a certain charm with those premade avatars we picked from, it was fun seeing folks try to find something that was the most "them" out of the premade stuff...

It's a little dark, kind of hard on my eyes! I hope there's other theme choices. But, this is definitely running smoothly!

Vernikova

Champion
Now that custom avatars are available, I don't know what to complain about. I feel lost.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Nothing will impede Serebii from down the road to introduce a classic skin that takes us back to that feeling of what will eventually be nostalgia.

If you want true Serebii nostalgia, make it a skin that replicates the forum lag from back in the day.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
If you want true Serebii nostalgia, make it a skin that replicates the forum lag from back in the day.
I mean they could do that tbh try to recreate what people use to like before the update just for this forum layout ;)

also I know it be fixed at some point but when will be able to edit the text below our usernames?

Status
Not open for further replies.