• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Welcome to the new Serebii.net Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, what’s the character limit for PMs? Was that raised immensely or something?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Hey, what’s the character limit for PMs? Was that raised immensely or something?
I never figured out what the limit is lol I just had one pm so far but seems like they can be decently long though XD

I never figured out what the limit is lol I just had one pm so far but seems like they can be decently long though XD

Oh? Let’s test it to see if it says!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Serebii said that the rules are now more relaxed. I was wondering if there was somewhere I could read the new rules. I checked the rules thread, but it looks like it's the exact same thing from before the update.

Puka

Hey I don't mean to be sappy but I really appreciate who ever came up with this website and has kept it going all these years to this day to be stronger than ever. During most of my childhood I would rely on this site to help and find hidden gems or knowledge I did nt know about Pokemon. Of course I never realized that I was able to make an account on this site many years later. ANYWHO this website has stengthened my love and completion for many pokemon games through the years. I am so thankful and grateful t the person or people who keep updating and making this website stronger. I will definitely keep up with the site more since I'm trying to complete most of my games fully. Again thank you and I love you T-T

If it is a mediumtext field, the limit after escaping the message is 16,777,215 characters. If it is longtext, the database could support 4,294,967,295 characters.

I found the limit. 60,000, which is actually pretty awesome!

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Serebii said that the rules are now more relaxed. I was wondering if there was somewhere I could read the new rules. I checked the rules thread, but it looks like it's the exact same thing from before the update.
The rules are pretty much the same, but we're not going to be so heavyhanded

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
A little question about signatures. Will the ;; and the :: pokemon icons return in time or are they gone forever? I wish to keep my signature but if the icons are gone then i have to change it or it will be just a list of numbers.

A little question about signatures. Will the ;; and the :: pokemon icons return in time or are they gone forever? I wish to keep my signature but if the icons are gone then i have to change it or it will be just a list of numbers.

Agreed. I have that stuff in my signature.

Cat's Eye Draco

I've noticed that the location part of the profile pages now links you to Google Maps whenever you touch or click the name of the location you put down. Is there going to be a way to disable that in the future?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The rules are pretty much the same, but we're not going to be so heavyhanded

Okay, thanks.

I've noticed that the location part of the profile pages now links you to Google Maps whenever you touch or click the name of the location you put down. Is there going to be a way to disable that in the future?

If you want to disable it because you don't feel comfortable with that, you can always type something that isn't your actual location. But if you do put your real location, it's not like there's anything stopping anyone from searching it on Google Maps without that link, so nothing has really changed.

Cat's Eye Draco

If you want to disable it because you don't feel comfortable with that, you can always type something that isn't your actual location.

Oh, I already do that. It's just that when I try to scroll down on a tablet or any other touch screen and my finger accidentally goes across the entry I get redirected to Maps and it's driving me crazy. xD I'll get used to it after a while, but I thought it was worth asking if there was a way to just turn it off entirely.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Will the staff list (from the Members tab) be updated with all the current staff besides Serebii? While I remember who is who, it could be a bit misleading for new members who would probably think that the only one modding the forums is the webmaster himself lol.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
This new style's going to take some getting used to for me. I'm glad that this may make things easier & more streamlined, and I'm glad things kind of function here like they do on Pokécharms, but I've been used to the older style for so long that it may take a while for me to adjust.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Will the staff list (from the Members tab) be updated with all the current staff besides Serebii? While I remember who is who, it could be a bit misleading for new members who would probably think that the only one modding the forums is the webmaster himself lol.

lol yeah as well as will there be a special thing like the last forum showing they are a mod? red,blue or something indicating they are mod status?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
So it's April 1st, when the next username change thread should be open, are the username changes from last October going to be changed and will the next username change thread be made, or are we waiting until everything is settled with fixing up the new forum?
@Kirby
@Serebii
@emeraldellie

Status
Not open for further replies.