• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Welcome to the new Serebii.net Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
No news on styles right now.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I've updated the thread display listings to include a separation for Sticky & Normal threads

That was one of my biggest problems with the new layout. Everything looks so much better now. Thanks.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Why are the Gen 1 & 2 boards shared rather than separate now?
To put simply: It was very slow in those forums. I think we had about 10 post a month at best. We also had individual Game Subforums which also got merged at the same time. This was done years before the RBY Virtual Console Release, which made the forums a lot more popular since.

Wishmaker Latias

All Bridges Burned, All Lessons Learned
Overall the forum changes seem nice, with the exception of almost everything involving the change in the VM system.
Some people want View Conversation to return, but I find that omission nothing compared to the absurdly low character limit, like it is not an essay that we need 400 words, but 420 characters, JUST WHY?
Also the forum codes for spoilers and the like do not work for profile messages anymore, that's also a big loss, will that ever get fixed?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Really like the new lay out. It's going to take a bit of getting used to though.

Pokemon Power

We got a spammer on the Other Video Game Discussion sub-forum. Filling the front page with their own threads. Not leaving room for any others. They don't even have any English on them. And I think they're advertising colleges, which is completely off-topic. Plus I think the guy is using multiple accounts.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
We got a spammer on the Other Video Game Discussion sub-forum. Filling the front page with their own threads. Not leaving room for any others. They don't even have any English on them. And I think they're advertising colleges, which is completely off-topic. Plus I think the guy is using multiple accounts.

It's everywhere right now. Given the amount of accounts, posts, and the frequency, it's probably a spam blitz from bots.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
The forums aren't functioning properly for me from multiple devices and browsers. All I can do is post. I can't Like, Quote, Edit, or Delete, or click on people's usernames.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Well clearly @Pokegirl Fan~ is able to Like, so maybe it's just me.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
The forums aren't functioning properly for me from multiple devices and browsers. All I can do is post. I can't Like, Quote, Edit, or Delete, or click on people's usernames.
I thought I was the only one having this problem and that it was my computer or my internet connection (as I was able to quote a post when I switched to my other computer, which is newer and can run on a higher speed internet). When I tried to quote a post, the forum kept loading and loading...and loading...and loading. I also had trouble viewing my Alerts.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I thought I was the only one having this problem and that it was my computer or my internet connection (as I was able to quote a post when I switched to my other computer, which is newer and can run on a higher speed internet). When I tried to quote a post, the forum kept loading and loading...and loading...and loading. I also had trouble viewing my Alerts.

Well I'm glad it's not just me. Also, I had to use the Reply option rather than +Quote to quote this, and also, it redirected me to a different page to type this message, not the regular chatbox below the thread.

Rin-chan

May I add that replying to visitor messages is nearly impossible unless you open reply in a new tab otherwise it acts like it creates the text area but it is invisible if you try reply normally at least for me only started today. I say nearly as the area is invisible there is a text box and buttons but you can't see them but you can mouse over the buttons and type in the box you just can't see any mistakes or anything at all though.

Status
Not open for further replies.