• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Welcome to the new Serebii.net Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Is there a way to change the font on everyone’s posts to match the one used for our usernames, tags and everything else on the forum? I really dislike Times New Roman and find it extremely off-putting.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Just wanted to start off by saying great job! Everything looks really nice. It will take a little while to get used to, but I'm sure it will all be better in the end. And kudos on getting done ahead of schedule.

There is one minor concern I wanted to bring up though. I understand why you merged some forums like Pokken in Pokémon Spin-Off, or made Wi-Fi forums subforums of their generation's forum, but I think that some of the places that used to be separate forums should at least be separated into subforums. For example, combining the Sun and Moon and Ultra Sun and Moon forums into one has left it a bit of a mess, and a little confusing on what thread belongs to what game. Or, on a more personal note for me, you combined the Nintendo video games and general video games thread into one, which is a little annoying as someone who only cares about the Nintendo video games. And the combing of all the Nintendo and non-Nintendo forums and subforums into one forum has left a giant mess of pinned threads. In general, the merging of forums makes things seem disordered. Keeping things in subforums would make things neater and easier to follow. I understand if it's too late to make the change and/or not worth making the change, and I'm sure we'll all get used to it eventually, but I just wanted to bring it up, just in case. Thanks!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
And I could reply to THAT message? How would RPing (like I’ve been doing) work? I loved the “view conversation” probably more than anything.

Yes

Where is the infraction/warning history? I don't see it anywhere. Did infractions get wiped out during the import?

Click your username at the top of the page and click "View Profile Page" they're referred to as warnings on XenForo and there's a tab for them.

To all those questions about VMs: The system is fundamentally different from vB, unfortunately you'll have to get used to the current system, there aren't any ways to make it behave like the vB VM system.

Just wanted to start off by saying great job! Everything looks really nice. It will take a little while to get used to, but I'm sure it will all be better in the end. And kudos on getting done ahead of schedule.

There is one minor concern I wanted to bring up though. I understand why you merged some forums like Pokken in Pokémon Spin-Off, or made Wi-Fi forums subforums of their generation's forum, but I think that some of the places that used to be separate forums should at least be separated into subforums. For example, combining the Sun and Moon and Ultra Sun and Moon forums into one has left it a bit of a mess, and a little confusing on what thread belongs to what game. Or, on a more personal note for me, you combined the Nintendo video games and general video games thread into one, which is a little annoying as someone who only cares about the Nintendo video games. In general, the merging of forums makes things seem disordered. Keeping things in subforums would make things neater and easier to follow. I understand if it's too late to make the change and/or not worth making the change, and I'm sure we'll all get used to it eventually, but I just wanted to bring it up, just in case. Thanks!

We merged these specific forums because they were similar enough and not receiving enough activity separately to warrant being separate. It'll be one of those learning things.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Right, usergroups should be fixed, as should permissions. If forums required custom permissions, I am currently working on it.

All www.serebiiforums.com links now redirect to this URL
I still do not appear to have permission to edit my avatar or profile.

IggyKoopaStar

The change is nice, it does makes a great and surprising change around here after all these years, kudos to all that hard work! I do not see anything negative on my side right now, seems to work as intended to me.

Cap D. Blue

ボルトチェンジ
As an a very infrequent old-timer, I will say I'll miss the vBulletin style... not that I'm not used to the XenForo style since that's what Smogon Forums uses, but nothing lasts forever, I suppose.

Condensing old/unused forums together was a good move, though, and it is easier to notice individual threads when you check new posts. I am looking forward to seeing forum skins/styles make a reappearance, I really enjoyed those: will you be doing one for each type like before? And if so, will Ground finally get represented? ;P

R_N

Does the new forum have any options to hide sections? It was pretty nice to "close" the forum sections I didn't frequent, helped cut back on scrolling and just in general looked nice.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Gonna take a bit to get used to this style, but as soon as I spotted the like button, I just know that's going to be fun. :rolleyes:

Sorry if this has been asked before and I'm still looking around, but are the old smilies still going to be used?

Hmm, I dunno how much I like the current aesthetic changes, but I’ll refrain from talking about that for now since typically things grow on me over time than the other way around. The update seems pretty good so far, although I’m still learning how to navigate.

If I can say two things bugging me though, they are the character limit and the image system. People have already talked about the character limit so I’ll leave that for now, but I have no idea how to put images in now that imgur is no longer a host site, and that’s important to me since I have an art gallery. There’s probably a simple way to do it, but for the life of me I don’t know what it is, so any help would be good.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Does the new forum have any options to hide sections? It was pretty nice to "close" the forum sections I didn't frequent, helped cut back on scrolling and just in general looked nice.
It may be possible to find an add-on to do such a thing. Many requested features can be done via add-ons and we'll be looking into them

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
So having one more question... is there way to delete pm conversations? I don't have a option for that unless I am blind and if not can it be full and block people from sending pm conversations?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Is there any indication anymore next to a thread title that I've posted in that thread? I remember before it used to be a green little dot/icon of some kind (maybe a green arrow?) I used to use this each time I came back to the forums, because I usually only care to read new posts in threads where I've previously posted.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Is there any indication anymore next to a thread title that I've posted in that thread? I remember before it used to be a green little dot/icon of some kind (maybe a green arrow?) I used to use this each time I came back to the forums, because I usually only care to read new posts in threads where I've previously posted.

Off-hand I'm not sure, but you can always just set the forum to subscribe you to threads you post in, then you can just view a list of subscribed threads rather than having to sift through all threads.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I think the Tahoma font is broken. I tried selecting it but the text is still displaying in Times New Roman. I’ve used it for this post to test it out but I’m still seeing TNR. The BB code editor is showing it as Tahoma but it isn’t displaying that way.

If anyone else can see a different font for this post can you let me know? I’m not sure if it’s just my phone not displaying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.