• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Welcome to the new Serebii.net Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Speaking of avatars (and images), while I understand that we can only disable signatures at the moment, is there a possibility that one will be able to disable avatars and images as well in the future or no? While not a huge dealbreaker, I did find it useful to disable all of those things when avoiding SM spoilers (but still wanted to post in other sections of the forum).

Jb

Tsun in the streets
The smile was ment to imply i was joking. though people not using pokemon related avatars does bother me a bit.
Why, I mean, most people have other interest than just Pokemon

pokefandt

All I can say is thank god I remembered my old password, considering my account it attached to an email address that I don't even have access to anymore.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I do have a question regarding profile settings. I've been recieving email notifications saying someone has responded to a thread I commented on earlier in the day. Under the profile settings/preferences what should I do to turn off these email notifications?

Grey Wind

I do have a question regarding profile settings. I've been recieving email notifications saying someone has responded to a thread I commented on earlier in the day. Under the profile settings/preferences what should I do to turn off these email notifications?

Preferences > Options > Uncheck "and receive email notifications of replies".

octoboy

I Crush Everything
One question: Will the sub-forums indicate which threads you've already posted in again? They don't seem to now, and it was a feature I liked, as it meant I didn't have to sift through them to find the ones I was looking for.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I can see where they're coming from; there was a certain charm to everyone having only Pokémon-related avatars on what is a Pokémon fan forum.

Basically this. Another example, I wouldn't expect to see NFL stuff on an NHL based forum.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Do we know what the character limit is now? Is it still 50k or has it been raised/lowered? I tried searching this topic and didn't seem to see anything about it, but maybe I missed something.

Aposteriori

Unknown Chronicles Contributor
Do we know what the character limit is now? Is it still 50k or has it been raised/lowered? I tried searching this topic and didn't seem to see anything about it, but maybe I missed something.
I think it went up way beyond 150k, though Im uncertain what was the exact upper limit

In PMs, I have an issue. I paste the same code to embed an image. For some reason, it doesn’t seem to work all the time. It seems to screw up. Why is this? How can I fix it?

https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/icon/744.png[/IMG

I left out the last bracket to show what I do.

Ack! What the heck is going on here?!?!?!
URL]] is what I do for Rockruff. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t... here I put a space intentionally.

Grey Wind

In PMs, I have an issue. I paste the same code to embed an image. For some reason, it doesn’t seem to work all the time. It seems to screw up. Why is this? How can I fix it?

https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/icon/744.png[/IMG

I left out the last bracket to show what I do.

Ack! What the heck is going on here?!?!?!
URL]] is what I do for Rockruff. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t... here I put a space intentionally.
You have to either click the image icon and paste the url there, or switch the rich text editor in your settings.

You have to either click the image icon and paste the url there, or switch to bb code editing in your settings.

Edit: Never mind.

But then how am I to italicize things? I don’t have that code down only embedding images.

@spyrois2cool go to preferences -> uncheck "use rich text editor".

Lol. You ninja’d me. Then how am I to use italics and stuff then? I don’t have those codes memorized at all.

Wait...does that save drafts? At all?

Recall that we premiered with two skins. Nothing will impede Serebii from down the road to introduce a classic skin that takes us back to that feeling of what will eventually be nostalgia.
I didn't notice that, it's a cool touch. Well, I think "Default skin" is supposed to be as much as similar to the older one, at leat so far. I hope for a coming back of the 3rd gen celebi sprite icon!

Times New Roman hurts a bit in a forum, Arial should be the default font! :rolleyes:

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Geez!! Why did you have to ruin the forums?!! Can't you at least keep some of the black zones as green? It's so gloomy now.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Geez!! Why did you have to ruin the forums?!! Can't you at least keep some of the black zones as green? It's so gloomy now.

just switch the default to happy for now until we get new skins lol

so far i am not having much trouble with the new forums however it does still auto log me out fast sometimes and shows im still online? is that a glitch or on my end?

Status
Not open for further replies.