• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Welcome to the new Serebii.net Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Honestly, i loathe the removal of your join date that used to be attached with all your posts. How am i meant to let everyone know that i'll be a 10 year vet next year? Feels.

Just click someone's name, shows up in a little pop-up.

Hikaneary

Hi, is their a way VM convos can be saved. Loads of old VM convos are broken, is their a way to fix them please?

keepitsimple

site of lies
yeah so having used the new system for a while, i can say everything is good except for the low character limit on Profile Messages, and the new punishment system is a big step down.

you don't get a PM anymore, and warnings now only show points, expiry and category. they don't show what the offending post was, the mod's comment, who sent it and they don't give an option to reply. If warnings are this vague, a lot of people aren't going to know what they did, so how are they supposed to know if they're not just being misconstrued?

will this be fixed in the next update at the end of the year?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
yeah so having used the new system for a while, i can say everything is good except for the low character limit on Profile Messages, and the new punishment system is a big step down.

you don't get a PM anymore, and warnings now only show points, expiry and category. they don't show what the offending post was, the mod's comment, who sent it and they don't give an option to reply. If warnings are this vague, a lot of people aren't going to know what they did, so how are they supposed to know if they're not just being misconstrued?

will this be fixed in the next update at the end of the year?

Whether you get a PM or not is up to the moderator, and we also have the option to block replies if we choose to send a PM.

keepitsimple

site of lies
@Hydrohs that doesn't answer the larger problem that there should be more detail than just points, expiry and category. the old system used to show you what your offending post was

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
The happy theme went from being the worst to the best. Cheers.

Any plans to add some of the old themes back in some way or form? Loved the Electric theme.

keepitsimple

site of lies
I can see other people's warnings right above their posts sometimes. Are they intentionally public or is this a glitch?

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
I won't lie, I am a bit disappointed that the post ranks system is gone xD. But if it'll make the forums better, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.