• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Welcome to the Trick Room [W2 RMT]

Gampi

ガンピ
So I've decided to try out a Trick Room team. I'd like some feedback. As usual, please leave feedback and feel free to make suggestions for alternate teammates, items abilities, and moves. Try not to suggest Hidden Abilities since I have a particular dislike of them, which sorta makes me a terrible person I guess.

Pokémon 1:
Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Magic Guard
Quiet nature
Moveset
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room
- Energy Ball
- Thunder

Pokémon 2:
Escavalier @ Occa Berry
Swarm
Adamant nature
Moveset
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Toxic/Swords Dance

Pokémon 3:
Druddigon @ Choice Band
Rough Skin
Adamant naute
Moveset
- Superpower
- Night Slash
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Pokémon 4:
Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Mummy
Quiet/Modest nature
Moveset
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Pokémon 5:
Slowbro @ Choice Specs
Own Tempo/Oblivious
Quiet/Modest nature
Moveset
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

-- I'm unsure who should be the final teammate --
Potential Teammate 6-1:
Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Guts
Adamant nature
Moveset
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
- Drain Punch

Potential Teammate 6-2:
Scrafty
Shed Skin
Brave nature
Moveset
- Stone Edge
- Head Smash
- Crunch
- Dragon Tail

Potential Teammate 6-3:
Golurk @ Expert Belt
Iron Fist
Brave nature
Moveset
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Punch

Macroboom

Beyond Infinity
I really like your team. :)

Just a couple things I noticed. Replace Thunder on Reuniclus for Psychic. You don't need that and Energy Ball. You could replace Megahorn with X-Scissor on Escavalier. The infinite debate between power or accuracy. I would pick Swords Dance over Toxic. Superpower really doesn't help Druddigon with the stat drops. Fighting and Ground also get redundant coverage. I would go with Rock Slide for unresisted coverage and you could possibly go with Sheer Force over Rough Skin for some boosts. Psyhic on Cofagrigus helps you with exactly nothing. The only other move I can think of now would be Energy Ball or maybe HP Fighting. I would go with a Quiet Nature bevause you already have Nasty Plot. For Slowbro, go with Own Tempo.. You don't need both Fire Blast and Ice Beam. If you decide to keep Fire Blast, I would reccomend Flamethrower instead. Same with Megahorn/X-Scissor. Replace either with Surf/Scald. I'll leave the sixth to soneone else. One thing I noticed was Scrafty. He does better with this set imo.

Scrafty@Expert Belt/???
Adamant/Relaxed
Moxie
Moves:
·Crunch
·Hi Jump Kick/Drain Punch/Brick Break
·Bulk Up
·Ice Punch

I guess it was more than a couple things. :p

Last edited:

Gampi

ガンピ

Thanks.

1) I put Thunder in there because it would be a nice counter to some rain teams if you can use the permanent rain conditions against them, and Energy Ball is sorta the same scenario except it doesn't receive any benefits in rain.
2) I prefer Megahorn over X-Scissor, despite shaky accuracy it deals a decent amount of damage, especially when you consider Escavalier gains STAB from it. Swords Dance is a good suggestion, seeing as Escavalier probably won't need to poison anything, but then again it does have a x4 Fire weakness and could be KOed by most Fire attacks before it gets to attack.
3) Sheer Force doesn't power up most of my Druddigon's moves, so I went with Rough Skin. Rock Slide would be a good add-on to Druddigon's moveset since I plan to make this a Doubles team, but I'm debating whether or not to replace Superpower since it does hit quite heavily despite its downsides.
4) Cofagrigus doesn't have many good choices (in my opinion) for varied attacks. If I'm replacing Reuniclus' Energy Ball with Psychic, I might as well replace Psychic with Energy Ball for Cofagrigus.
5) Fire Blast is in the same ball park as Megahorn for me. It does amazing damage, even if it has slightly bad accuracy. I noticed my team was lacking another Dragon counter (other than Druddigon) so I slapped Ice Beam on Slowbro. I'd rather replace Focus Blast since I think that one is sort of redundant.
6) I'll consider that Scrafty set, although now I'm leaning towards adding either it or Conkeldurr, since Mach Punch always goes first and Conkeldurr has amazing Attack.