• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Welcome to the world of NU triples

Usatoday

Eternal God
606.gif
@ leftovers
Ability Telepathy
Nature Modest
100 hp 252 sp atk 126 def
Trick Room
Psychic
Skill Swap
Energy Ball
This is actually a fun trick to use skill swap telepathy to the poke in the middle and then i can explode or earthquake without worry. Psychic is stab and energy ball is for water types.

526.gif
@Normal Gem
Nature Brave
Ability Sturdy
Evs 252 hp 252 atk 4 def
Explosion
Stealth rock
Stone edge
Earthquake
Basically a suicide lead set up rocks and then take out three pokes with explosion or if time persists stone edge.

608.gif
@Eviolite
Nature Sassy
Ability Flash fire
Evs 252 hp 252 sp def 4 sp atk
Trick Room
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Memento
A back up trick room setter and a special tank flamethrower and shadow ball are stab and memento is for crippling sweepers who try to set up.

082.gif
@ air balloon
Nature Quiet
Ability Magnet pull
Evs 252 hp 252 sp atk 4 sp def
Signal Beam
Flash cannon
Hidden Power (ICE)
Discharge/Thunderbolt
My special sweeper discharge tbolt and flash cannon are stab hp ice is for dragons aka dnite and signal beam is filler.

Spr_5b_315_f.png
@ Eviolite
Ability Natural Cure
Nature Quiet
252 hp 252 sp atk 4 sp def
Sleep Powder
Giga Drain
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball
A back up special wall and sweeper giga drain and s-bomb are stab while shadow ball is a filler

538.gif

Nature Brave
Ability Guts
Evs 128 hp 252 atk 132 sp def
Storm Throw
Bulk Up
Payback
Toxic
A backup sweeper and status absorber Storm Throw is stab wide guard for protection and payback is for ghosts.

Last edited:

Usatoday

Eternal God
thats why i have wide guard and atk is now sp atk

Vali

King of Beets
On your lampert, why do you have 4att and no physical moves? This team can also fall to repeated earthquakes and surfs. Also, isn't rocks not as important in triples, because less switching and more shuffling?

Don't forget Telepathy.

Also, I found Duosin works on NU TR teams, maybe replacing Lampent.

SazandoraMASTER

♥ PSG ♥
*cough*HitmontopisntNU*cough*

Three of your pokes wouldn't appreciate an EQ from something but Gigalith is gonna be dead in a while so 2/5 pokes wouldn't appreciate an EQ. Maybe Gurdurr can take it but I suggest adding a resistance or immunity. Eelektross maybe? It's slow and yells pure special/mixed sweeper.

Usatoday

Eternal God
Even still this team has taken down countless Ou ***** teams I guess I could replace hitmontop with throh

halodeoxys

wanna see me run to that mountain and back
While I seriously approve of you using the greatest pokemon ever in the name of Hitmontop, its two tiers ahead of NU. You could try using Tauros, which also has intimidate(although Sheer Force is arguably better, I don't think its available yet), and even though it doesn't have priority, it does have nice speed for NU. Just keep it out of Trick Room.

Usatoday

Eternal God
Just bumping also tauros is way too fast plus team just went through major remodeling

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
Throh has Storm throw twice. Also, ground types will really eat this team. Perhaps a low speed EV Lapras? It does have the ability to make use of the lovely BoltBeam combo.

Arbok is helpless against steel types. Perhaps Fire Fang or Earthquake instead of protect to counter balance. Magneton is an ever common threat in NU since it performs well with Eviolite.

Last edited:

Ilan

You can use gunk shot with arbok cause coil boost it to 91% accuracy! (in hope he survives) and with 180 BP but the PP is low ... he won't be long anyway...

Vandslaux

Use Rock Slide on Gigalith if he's in the middle.

Zachmac

@Normal Gem
Nature Brave
Ability Sturdy
Evs 252 hp 252 atk 4 def
Explosion
Stealth rock
Stone edge
Earthquake
Basically a suicide lead set up rocks and then take out three pokes with explosion or if time persists stone edge.
Stealth rock in triples? Swap outs aren't common in doubles/triples, and in triples especially, only half the team will take SR damage.
You can use gunk shot with arbok cause coil boost it to 91% accuracy! (in hope he survives) and with 180 BP but the PP is low ... he won't be long anyway...
I agree, gunk shot. Though Arbok is bulky enough to take hits in NU.

Usatoday

Eternal God
K guys musharna and arbok are gone what are your thoughts now