• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Well balanced team! :)

I like my Team, so, I'll post my team from my Pokémon Red to see if it is really good. Here is my Team:

All at LV. 100.

Charizard (Ruby)

Slash
Fissure
Flamethrower
Fly

Nidoking (Steven)

Double Kick
Horn Drill
Earthquake
Poison Sting (only Poison type move he learns. ><' )

Gyarados (Gaos)

Hydro Pump
Hyper Beam
Bite
Dragon Rage

Mewtwo (SEPHIROTH)

Ice Beam
Psychic
Fire Blast
Recover

Jolteon (June)

Thunderbolt
Thunder
Bite
Toxic

Tauros (Glen)

Double-Edge
Stomp
Take Down
Earthquake

I know that some of my Pokémon needs improvement. Rate away, please! :)

~MGD. ;150;

133tSneasel

I like my Team, so, I'll post my team from my Pokémon Red to see if it is really good. Here is my Team:

All at LV. 100.

Charizard (Ruby)

Slash
Fissure
Flamethrower
Fly

Drop Fissure and Slash and Fly. for Swords Dance, Earthquake, and Body Slam or Hyper Beam. I guess Fly is okay, for Fighting types, but there aren't many Fighting types in R/B/Y that resist his attacks. Fissure is a OHKO and not accurate. and Slash only critical hits.

Nidoking (Steven)

Double Kick
Horn Drill
Earthquake

drop for Focus Energy, Thunderbolt, and Blizzard. Again, no on the OHKO's and Double Kick isn't necessary, when he get's a STAbbed Earthquake.

Gyarados (Gaos)

Hydro Pump
Hyper Beam
Bite
Dragon Rage

Body Slam, Hyper Beam, Surf, Thunderbolt. Drop everything for it. Gyarados is a Pokemon that needs TM's and has no stabs except it's Water stab

Mewtwo (SEPHIROTH)

Ice Beam
Psychic
Fire Blast
Recover

Thunderbolt over Fire Blast.

Jolteon (June)

Thunderbolt
Thunder
Bite
Toxic

Thunder Wave is needed on Jolteon, and Thunderbolt is standard, so keep that. Thunder and Bite and Toxic are needed. Focus Energy in Stadium in the gameboy, use Substitute, then Double Kick, Pin Missile, or Hyper Beam

Tauros (Glen)

Double-Edge
Stomp
Take Down
Earthquake

Blizzard and Hyper Beam in place of Double-Edge and Stomp. and then Body Slam over Take Down.

~MGD. ;150;

I hope this helps

poke'master

drop poison sting on nidoking and teach him toxic. An attack that has a power of 15 and isnt 100% going to poison the opponent isn't worth having.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
drop poison sting on nidoking and teach him toxic. An attack that has a power of 15 and isnt 100% going to poison the opponent isn't worth having.

i agree with you

mew-the original

Binchsquatch

All at LV. 100.

Charizard (Ruby)

Wing Attack
Earthquake

Flamethrower
Sword Dance

Nidoking (Steven)

Blizzard
Focus Energy

Earthquake
Toxic

Gyarados (Gaos)

Surf
Hyper Beam
Body Slam
Thunderbolt

Mewtwo (SEPHIROTH)

Ice Beam
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Recover

Jolteon (June)

Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Double Kick
Agility

Tauros (Glen)

Fire Blast
Hyper Beam
Body Slam

Earthquake

~MGD. ;150;

Changes in bold.

i agree with you
Why would you bother to post such a useless post?

Yami Marius

Pokémon Wizard
Charizard
Wing Attack
Earthquake

Flamethrower
Sword Dance

Nidoking
Blizzard
Focus Energy
Earthquake
Toxic

Gyarados
Hydro Pump
Hyper Beam
Body Slam
Thunderbolt

Mewtwo
Ice Beam
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Recover

Jolteon
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Substitute
Agility

Tauros
Fire Blast
Hyper Beam
Body Slam

Earthquake

You'll need to trade a lot to get these moves and in some cases you might want to get a new Pokémon.

Wow...

...I did not believe that people actually replies to old-school teams. Thank you everyone for the suggestions! Now... for the reviews...

Charizard...

Wing Attack - Looks like I have to trade it in my Crystal to get rid of Fly, and defeat the Elite Four in Stadium 2 to get Wing Attack.
Earthquake - OK, that makes a lot of sense. ^^;
Swords Dance - To boost up the Attack. Let's just hope my Charizard does not get her butt kicked before trashing her opponents.
Body Slam - Good additional Paralysis status.
Hyper Beam - After Swords Dance, I think it is worth the one turn delay.

Nidoking...

Focus Energy - OK, good possibility for getting Critical hits... but I have to do the same way to get that move back...
Blizzard - It is a nice Ground Pokémon counter, I agree.
Thunderbolt - Water-type counter, maybe?
Toxic - True enough.

Gyarados... (as known, I did not teach him TMs yet, and thanks for helping him out.)

Body Slam - OK, good idea. ^^
Thunderbolt - That's true. ^^; I taught a different Gyarados Thunderbolt a long time ago.
Surf - more PPs and more accurate, that's true. But, I need a definite opinion for which Water move is best for Gyarados.

Mewtwo - I do not want to replace Fire Blast. ^^;

Jolteon...

Agility - Why I'd use that? My Jolteon is really fast as he is!
Substitute - Sure it is protection against Ground type moves, but I could switch Jolteon out with a different Pokémon.
Thunder Wave - I think I agree on that. Maybe I should replace Thunder with Thunder Wave.
Double Kick - I removed that because of Jolteon's mediocre Attack.
Pin Missile - same reason as Double Kick.

Tauros...

Body Slam - Valid idea. Thanks.
Hyper Beam - Another good idea.
Blizzard - Um... I think that's weird. Considering that I may also compete my Team on Stadium 2 as well.
Fire Blast - Same reason as Blizzard.
So... despite Tauros's bad Special Attack, which of the two moves are best for Tauros?

OK, that's all for now.

~MGD. ;150;

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
Yeah I assume that Fire Blast/Blizzard is for possible Burn/Freeze respectivly. =] I'd go with blizzard, correct me if I'm wrong but if you get frozen you stay that way right? Sigh your lucky that people respond to your first gen thread. lol.

mew801

hey, when you get frozen, you can be defrosted during battle without using an item but it just takes a bit of time. xD

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
hey, when you get frozen, you can be defrosted during battle without using an item but it just takes a bit of time. xD

In RBYG a pokemon that gets Frozen can only be thawed out by an item or a fire attack. It doesn't thaw out over time. That was introduced in Gold/Silver.

mew801

In RBYG a pokemon that gets Frozen can only be thawed out by an item or a fire attack. It doesn't thaw out over time. That was introduced in Gold/Silver.

o sorry. its been so long since i played RBY id forgotton! sorry bowt that. xD

swampsperts

Fight Fire with Fire
I didnt know that? And for gyarados, delete one of these: body slam/hyper beam for ice beam or blizzard.

All at LV. 100.

Charizard (Ruby)

Swords Dance
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Body Slam

Whatever you do, do NOT use Wing Attack, however many peope suggest it. Wing Attack is power 35 in RBY, the same as Tackle. I've completely changed your moveset unfortunately. Fire Blast is generally better than Flamethrower in RBY. It does more damage overall, and the luck element involved with using Fire Blast is nothing compared to what else you'll be experiencing in RBY battling. Earthquake is generally for Graveller, Golem and Rhydon. Slash may always get a Critical Hit, and therefore basically be a power 140 move, however, you can't use that in conjunction with Swords Dance, therefore I suggested Body Slam instead. Body Slam has the added bonus of paralyzing your opponent. This is especially good, because in RBY, there's no way to cure paralysis, and there's no Facade, Guts, Quick Feet, Marvel Scale, etc. to abuse the status.

Nidoking (Steven)

Blizzard
Thunder
Earthquake
Body Slam

Firstly, you don't have to make use of both your STAB attacks, if the best you can get for one of them is Poison Sting. You also don't want to poison your opponent. Poison a Starmie, and your opponent has pretty much won. I replaced Poison Sting with Body Slam, due to more power, better status, and more chance of inflicting that status. Also, anything that Body Slam can't hit well, Earthquake can do double to. Secondly, Nidoking doesn't have to be physically orientated. He has a decent Special stat. I put Blizzard over Double Kick. Body Slam or Earthquake will always do more than Double Kick I believe. Also, Thunder over Horn Drill. In RBY you need to be faster than your opponent to be able to use Horn Drill, and you still only have about 30% chance of hitting them (that's the same chance that Body Slam has of paralyzing).

Gyarados (Gaos)

Blizzard
Hyper Beam
Body Slam
ThunderBolt

Yes, Body Slam as usual again. It's better than Bite. Blizzard over Hydro Pump may be strange, but it can freeze (and in RBY, freezing is pretty much a KO), it has a higher accuracy and, most importantly, it has better type coverage, and is the other half of the BoltBeam combo.

Mewtwo (SEPHIROTH)

Blizzard
Psychic
Amnesia
Recover

RBY Mewtwo is the best Pokemon to ever have existed, but this is only the case if it has Amnesia. Fire-type attacks aren't very good in RBY, as you don't want to burn your opponents, and they generally don't have great type coverage anyway. And as usual, Blizzard is better than Ice Beam.

Jolteon (June)

Thunderbolt
Pin Missile
Body Slam
ThunderWave

Toxic isn't a very good idea in RBY. As I mentioned, your aim is really to paralyze, freeze and sleep the whole team, then bring out Tauros. Toxic means you can't succeed in effectively statusing yor whole team, and what's even worse is that when a badly poisoned Pokemon switches out, the game forgets it's badly poisoned, and the poison changes back to standard poison damage! As with Gyarados, Body Slam is better than Bite. Pin Missile is to beat Exeggutor and Venusaur, who are both very popular. Even though it may seem like a clever thing to do, don't use Pin Missile on Kadabra, Haunter, Chansey, Gengar, Alakazam, Mewtwo, Mew, etc. as ThunderBolt will actually do more damage.

Tauros (Glen)

Body Slam
Hyper Beam
Blizzard
Earthquake

You must be fed up of this, but use Body Slam. It's one of the best moves in the game, and renders Stomp, Take Down and Double-Edge pretty much useless. Hyper Beam is also awesome on Tauros obviously. Tauros also has a somewhat decent Special stat, and has no other move that is more deserving of use, so use Blizzard.

~MGD. ;150;

My suggestions are in bold.

bme™

"Could it be... the legend...?"
If you want to be cute and own Dugtrios' in the face with Jolteon, use THIS!:

~Hyper Beam
~Thunderwave
~Thunderbolt
~Substitute

If you want to have no friends, use my set:

~Double Team
~Thunderwave
~Pin Missile
~Thunderbolt

Seriously if you use the last set for Jolteon you will get punched in the face!

Machiki

Machiki In Teh House
Comments in red
Charizard (Ruby)

Slash
Fissure
Flamethrower
Fly

Not good coverage or prowess. Drop Fissure for Hyper Beam, it hits bulkier Pokemon better. Now that you have Hyper Beam, get rid of Slash. Earthquake is always good for ramming Nidoking, so use Earthquake instead. Fly is too easily predicted, and Wing Attack just flatout sucks. Also, Flying only hits Grass and Bug super effectively, which Flamethrower does easily. For a even more powerful Hyper Beam at times (Normal is "physical") use Swords Dance. So the set should look like this:
Hyper Beam
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Swords Dance

Nidoking (Steven)

Double Kick
Horn Drill
Earthquake
Yes, Poison Sting is the only poison move it learns. BUT Poison only hits Grass super effectively, which is rammed with Ice Beam, so replace Poison Stong with Ice Beam. Secondly, paralysis + high damage can be very hard for your opponent in RBY, since there is no way to recover paralysis, and there is no abilities which abuse it. So put Body Slam, preferably over Horn Drill. Double Kick, pretty much sucks in coverage. Yes it rams normal Pokemon, but against others, is a laughing matter. So, replace it Thunder, it just provides convenient KO'ing on frail Pokemon.
So it should look a little like this:
Ice Beam
Body Slam
Earthquake
Thunder

Jolteon (June)

Thunderbolt
Thunder
Bite
Toxic
Toxic on a frail Pokemon like Jolteon? No. Jolteon sucks at stalling, so Toxic won't really help. I suggest getting rid of Thunder, and just having Thunderbolt, since Jolteon's high SpAtk deserves 100% blast. Thunder Wave, inflicts 100% paralysis. And with no way to recover or make fun of it, Jolteon will surely be in the lead. Now, with a good situation, let's use some good moves. Putting Pin Missile over Thunder will be great, Pin Missile annihilates Alakazam, or just hurts any other Pokemon without hypo defense. Jolteon and Thunder Wave combined with Pin Missile will make a sure-win advantage. Bite just flatout sucks due to low base power, so replace it with Body Slam
Now it should look a little like this:
Thunderbolt
Pin Missile
Thunder Wave
Body Slam[/COLOR="Red"]

Only did 3 because, I really thought about the above three, lol, I'm a bit tired of it :p

Last edited:

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
For Charizard i would go with Seismic Toss or Strength instead of Fissure.

For Nidoking i would go with Toxic instead of Poison Sting, because Poison Sting is quite a weak attack.

Gyarados is fine.

Mewtwo is fine.

For Jolteon i would go with Pin Missile instead of Toxic.

Tauros is fine.