• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Well isn't that a bit random? [IGRMT]

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I can't change the Pokemon being used because they were chosen with a random number generator. So yeah, go and rate!~

462.png

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Modest | Sturdy
252 SpA / 252 HP / 4 SpD
~ Substitute
~ Charge Beam
~ Thunderbolt
~ HP [Ice]

Totally stealing that moveset from Shuckle/Grumpy Snorlax (iirc that's what he used, or something similar). Substitute + Charge Beam for setting up, and then sweeping with BoltBeam coverage, yay, fun stuff.

463.png

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Adamant | Own Tempo
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
~ Curse
~ Body Slam
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Punch

Whoa, getting Pokemon #462 and #463 in succession is pretty cool if you ask me. I love Lickilicky but have never used him, so I'm trying out a sweeping set. Curse for boosting and making him even bulkier. Body Slam > Return for the team support paralysis provides. EQ and Fire Punch for coverage.

257.png

Blaziken @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Adamant | Speed Boost
252 Atk / 200 Spe / 56 HP
~ Thunderpunch
~ Swords Dance
~ High Jump Kick
~ Fire Punch

Set up with Swords Dance, also netting me a Speed Boost, and then BAM time to sweep with HJK and Fire Punch. Thunderpunch for Water- and Flying-types.

284.png

Masquerain @ Leftovers
Modest | Intimidate
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
~ Quiver Dance
~ Air Slash
~ Bug Buzz
~ Scald

I got a Masquerain in the other RNG team I made about a year ago. Quiver Dance is an amazing move. Bug Buzz is a great STAB move, and Air Slash + Scald for coverage.

319.png

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Adamant | Speed Boost
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
~ Protect
~ Waterfall
~ Crunch
~ Earthquake

What is this, another Speed Boost Pokemon? I was thinking of Rough Skin buuuut Speed Boost is far too cool. Protect to get me a free boost again. Waterfall and Crunch for STAB, and Earthquake for coverage, mainly against Steel-types.

350.png

Milotic @ Leftovers
Bold | Marvel Scale
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
~ Scald
~ Ice Beam
~ Toxic
~ Recover

and to finish off the team, a bulky Milotic. Scald is an amazing STAB move, Ice Beam for coverage, Toxic + Recover for stalling/status + recovery.

woooo, rate away guys.

Last edited:

Aurath8

Magnezone is far too slow to be using Speed EVs. Dump them in HP instead.

Lickilicky@Leftovers
Adamant
252 HP/252 Atk
-Curse
-Body Slam
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch

Basically CurseLax with more tongue. Lickilickilickilickilicky has pretty balanced offences too, so you could run a mixed set with Work Up. Turns out this guy has a pretty awesome movepool once you get down to it. All he needs is Recover or something and he'd be rivalling Snorlax.

Last edited:

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Thanks for the rate. I've made changes accordingly. And yeah, hahaha, I was surprised at Lickilicky's move pool as well (but clearly didn't look deep enough hahaha!)

Aura Sensei™

User Title
You don't really need Dragon Pulse and Ice Beam. Ice Beam already hits Dragon Types for SE.

MixLicky could run Work Up / Flamethrower / Body Slam / Earthquake.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
^ Why bother with Toxic if you have Scald? If you use Toxic then use Surf > Scald since those two together are rebundant.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Double Status is cool ok.

Nah I just like Toxic + Scald on the same set for Milotic since they both serve different purposes. Like if I run into a physical sweeper I'll be far more likely to use Scald to try and get a Burn in to cut its attack, whereas if I run into a more bulky Pokemon Toxic might be the best route. *shrugs*