1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Well, One Piece fans... We still lose. One Piece is officially cancaled

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé (Hidden)' started by RomanMack, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RomanMack

RomanMack Johto Champion

2. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

I can understand the situation...wait a sec no I can't! Well this sucks.

3. BattleFranky~40

BattleFranky~40 Immortal

I believe a celebration is in order!

4. MinunTheFighter34

MinunTheFighter34 I drink soysauce.

Does this mean the return of Zatch Bell?

5. Rave

Rave Banned

Incredible.

6. RomanMack

RomanMack Johto Champion

Ironic, eh?

4Kids' episodes last 104, while FUNi only got 24.

Why the hell did I EVER expect CN's viewers to have actual good tastes.

Why the ****?

7. Rave

Rave Banned

Well, it did say it was cancelled " at this time"

But I don't know if thats indefinitely or not.

8. Cutiebunny

Cutiebunny Frosty Fashionista

'At this time' is a nice way of saying "You lose".

Gotta dedicate more air time to Naruto and Bakugan.

9. Chris

Chris Old Coot

Zatch Bell's not coming back mainly cause Viz doesn't give a **** and wants to focus more on Naruto.

As for who is to blame for One Piece no longer airing? Cartoon Network, obviously. Ratings were going up. It's the god damned network that has no idea what they're doing.

10. HyperCyber

HyperCyber FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT

11. Rave

Rave Banned

They just seriously stabbed themselves in the Achilles heel in doing this.

12. Flarerose0o0

Flarerose0o0 Member

So I'm not too big of a fan of One Piece... I like mabey 1/3 of the episodes I've seen at most but I can understand why people would like the series as a whole, they just should have dubbed them faster and had two episodes a week like they do with Naruto. But replacing it with this "Bakugan" ******** is a complete insult. Not even the Yu-gi-oh! spinoff with the motorcycle that turns into a robot is as bad as "battle brawlers". Now that we're on that subject is'nt "battle brawlers" kinda redundant? This show is neither cool, nor does it make any sense. Why make it? honestly people, I'd rather watch almost anything on saturday nights than this ********. Now the only crap on is Naruto and a repeat of DBZ. Sure, I love DBZ, but it was popular years ago, but move on already, at least dub other anime. Just not this "bakugan" ********. It's like a Yu-Gi-Oh! and Digimon combination that takes the bad parts of both series, throws in some flat, stereotypic characters, and gives you the worst excuse for a show that I've ever seen. I wanted to gauge my eyes out when I watched like 20 seconds of it. Have mercy, CN!

Zatch bell was amazing and should never had been taken off the air. "Very melon!"

13. Frontier Brain B

Frontier Brain B I'm that good.

This makes me cry. :'<

As for OP, ah well. The TV version had to stay with 4Kids edits, just like DBZ had to with Saban's edits. And the better version with less(or no) cuts will be on Youtube, torrents, and DVDs soon enough anyway.

14. Skiks

Skiks MUCH RESPECT

What the **** is Cartoon Network smoking?

15. RomanMack

RomanMack Johto Champion

Unless Toei revokes the rights.

Look, people. Look at the bigger picture. There's a lot more riding than just the tv deal.

16. Skiks

Skiks MUCH RESPECT

Toei can revoke the rights if the feel Funimation is doing a bad job. How bad does it look that one piece got canceled faster this time. Granted not their fault but they'll be at blame.

17. Frontier Brain B

Frontier Brain B I'm that good.

Wanna elaborate on the reason they would?
    Sorry, I'm just dense when it comes to things like that.

18. Thriller

Thriller Its almost time

Words cannot express how mad I am at this so I'll let Crocus express me:

[img139]http://images.wikia.com/onepiece/images/2/2e/Crocus.jpg[/img139]

Why? Fricken idiots. CN has lost a lot of respect I've had as of late (not because of their live shows, thats actually holding what respect I've had left). All they care about is their retarded sh*t (Camp Lazlo, Squirle Boy, Teen Titans ripoff Ben 10) and Naruto.

God.

19. RomanMack

RomanMack Johto Champion

Toei wants One Piece to be successful.

It's a huge series in Japan, so naturally, they'd want it to be at least moderately big here too.

For that to happen it needs, NEEDS a tv deal.

Now with that outta the picture, it will be unable to fulfill Toei's most likely requirements. Resulting in them doing what they're famous for: Revoking the rights.

20. Freya

Freya Noam Chompsky

Ahem...

laem

No seriously, this adds to some of the stupider stuff CN has done.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.