• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Well, One Piece fans... We still lose. One Piece is officially cancaled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rave

Banned
Well, I haven't really been too cool about this thing in all honesty, but I've managed to cool down.

I'm rather a little optimistic at the time, but for now, I'm giving CN's chances on FUNi the benefit of the doubt.

People loved Samurai Jack.
Personally, I'd rather have Megas XLR back. :/

Both are good shows that are Toonami worthy.

Starmen.net is making process.

OUR VOICES WILL BE HEARD

Too bad their efforts are in vain sadly.

I'm pretty much going with what Chris said, and say that CN is messing with their time slots. That's all I'm going on for now.

EDIT:

Funi said at Sakura Con that the DVDs will be coming every 6-8 weeks folks! That's freaking 7 DVDs a year (or so)

With 13 episodes a set.

Those who plan on getting the DVDs, you're in luck. At least a gleaming ray of hope for those who are down in the dumps.

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Just because it's not on CN anymore doesn't mean we should give up hope that another network will pick it up.

My lead candidate for the new home of One Piece is ABC Family, which ironically was once associated with OP's original US home, FOX.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
ABC Family still has cartoons?

1 cartoon - That would be Slacker Cats, which is of course an adult-oriented show - to the point that it has a TV-14 rating.

One Piece would be a great choice for the lead-out program.

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
Do you really think ABCF's target audience would want to watch anime? I mean, if they still had Jetix, I guess...

MarshtompMan

DestinyTrainer 10yrs
Just because it's not on CN anymore doesn't mean we should give up hope that another network will pick it up.

My lead candidate for the new home of One Piece is ABC Family, which ironically was once associated with OP's original US home, FOX.

Still, ABCF is a long shot. I extremely doubt it.

I agree with A.I.P. but maybe Jetix will pick it up.

Skiks is right but we'll take anything we can get.

lunic

Banned
Wow. It was over just as we were getting into the good stuff. And why can't it be replaced by something decent, like Zatch or Megas?

I'm going start preparations for the assult on CN studios. Anyone else in?

Petitions and *****ing doesn't work.

If you wanna make yourself heard, take out your money and speak thru DVD sales.
Sorry, must've been me being a part of some (mostly) useless activist groups during the time I spent on the internet.
So yeah, my top priority now is to buy the DVDs. Can't believe they're releasing them so fast. We'll be in Reverse Mountain by December, so as long as the DVDs sell well, One Piece will be able to survive.
BTW, Australia's started airing One Piece episodes daily, so if anyone can record any episodes that haven't aired in America, that'd be great.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Wow and people once said pirates were better than ninjas....Naruto's at 2 eps a week, and One Piece is at 0.....ROFL

sorry for that moment....just had to gloat...

anyway, I've never really had a serious chance to watch One Piece (other than the 4Kids dub Toonami aired for practically no time at all)....these uncut dvds seem like a damn good idea, is there ANY chance of a region 2 release? I do have a multi-region dvd player, but postage and packing from america, and customs charges can be a pain...

Anzua2

People loved Samurai Jack.
Personally, I'd rather have Megas XLR back. :/

Hell yes.

Give Toonami an hour back, put Naruto in the first hour, move One Piece and Blue Dragon into the former Naruto hour, and close the night with two classics that the viewers of Adult Swim will recognize, giving them more ratings.

Actually, it's not. Starmen hasn't really done anything for the Mother series, at all.

It has. Miyamoto himself said he was very impressed by the fan dedication for translating Mother, but he doesn't have anything to do with NoA. Also, Reggi notes that he's constantly hassled by fans, yet he is bright enough to realize that with that many fans, NoA can both make a profit AND stop the nagging.

Basically, it COULD have made a difference if NoA wasn't a cluster**** of fail.

MarshtompMan

DestinyTrainer 10yrs
Give Toonami an hour back, put Naruto in the first hour, move One Piece and Blue Dragon into the former Naruto hour, and close the night with two classics that the viewers of Adult Swim will recognize, giving them more ratings.

I think they should bring back the 7:00-11:00.
I mean it's like Toonami is in the hospital fighting for its life. They now have a two hour block with three shows and one doesn't even have new episodes.
Samurai Jack was resurrected to bring back the ratings lost from cancelling One Piece.

Cartoon Network is self-destructing.
It's as simple as that.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
And then there is also first-run syndication. This was how Pokemon got its start here in America. And there are many examples of shows entering first-run syndication after being canceled by a network (Baywatch, Hee-Haw, Punky Brewster to name a few). And another benefit of syndication is that we would be seeing the show on a broadcast station, so cable would almost not be needed.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Those who plan on getting the DVDs, you're in luck. At least a gleaming ray of hope for those who are down in the dumps.

... Which does include you, right? Cuz it sounds like you're implying otherwise.

The panic-stricken folk need to calm the hell down. FUNi has stated that CN is not canceling One Piece and is screwing around with scheduling to see what works, and they're putting out 13 episodes sets every 6-8 weeks, to boot (which is a phenomenal speed by any standards).

There's a healthy dose of paranoia, and then there's unfounded conspiracy theorist-esque paranoia.

Rave

Banned

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
It has. Miyamoto himself said he was very impressed by the fan dedication for translating Mother, but he doesn't have anything to do with NoA. Also, Reggi notes that he's constantly hassled by fans, yet he is bright enough to realize that with that many fans, NoA can both make a profit AND stop the nagging.

Basically, it COULD have made a difference if NoA wasn't a cluster**** of fail.
Keyword there is could, sir.

Gentleman Skeleton

Wow, 13 episodes every 6-8 weeks. That's what, 7 box sets a year, which means about 91 episodes a year. I really hope the speed they put these out doesn't affect the quality of the dub.

Rave

Banned
Wow, 13 episodes every 6-8 weeks. That's what, 7 box sets a year, which means about 91 episodes a year. I really hope the speed they put these out doesn't affect the quality of the dub.

My thoughts exactly. But seeing how FUNimation's dubbing has been recently, I think they may just pull it off well.

They're mainly working on dubbing only, so there's no waste of time with edits and that nature.

I'm thinking that they'll have caught up to Ennies Lobby by... 3 years time from now. But at this rate, they'll be catching up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.