• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Went To League For The First Time

RNG_Reporter

Was enjoyable. Not many of them had pieces of the Blast/Keldeo deck that I could benefit from, but it was enjoyable to actually trade with physical beings.

My Darkrai's, Patches, Claws, holos, EXs, and other worthwhile cards were big hits.. making people instantly flock to me trying to get some deals worked in.

Unfortunately I didn't really gain anything from most of them.. as ironically they wanted me to trade my good cards.. but they never wanted to trade away important cards I wanted.

Kind of annoying.. but I definitely won't be so nice and willing to trade whatever next week.

A few things I traded were, my promo Darkrai EX for a Black Kyurem EX from plasma storm [i believe], I traded away my Mew FA for a Cobalion FA, and traded my Holo Ultra Ball for an Ultra Ball and Hypnotoxic Laser. Something like that.

I then traded Dark Patches, Sableye, and Dark Claw for trainers I needed like N, Prof Jun, and so on.

Still looking for another Blastoise, then 4 Pkm Catchers, 4 Rare Candies, and a few more Ultra Balls, and I'll be ready to go.

yes.. I am aware of the values of them.. already busy browsing the web and preparing to trade next week when other trainers come back from tournaments.

Overall it was a fun experience, I'm glad I'm getting into it, and the people were cool. Also neat how I can get my own trainer card and badge case, and fill it up with actual gym badges that are metal.

Hopefully I didn't lose out on too many of my deals.. I didn't use anything I traded away.. but I at least wanted to get back stuff I could use or trade what I received for stuff I need.

I recommend everyone to try and find a league. Basically.

Swagsire

So true. Leagues are fantastic. Without these things theres no way we would be as social and we'd have a hard time calling pokemon TCG a community.

Good luck on those catchers, at least in my area theyre starting to be rare Qwaa ;195;

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Yeah... vultures, sometimes they're handy. There is a thing with catcher in my area all of us that have catchers have enough to make a deck with and no more extra which annoys alot of newer players but I try to get them to do what some of us did and just buy em online in a bid for about 20$ max (either that or GL with emerging powers packs). Are you thinking about making cobalion? I've got 1 plasma klink I wouldn't mind trading.

Edit: The power of leagues.

jwalquis0388

Alastair
Leagues are fun, i heard that i could trade my extra catcher for a Mewtwo FA, if not, i could trade my shiny with it, but what could get me a mewtwo FA?

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Leagues are fun, i heard that i could trade my extra catcher for a Mewtwo FA, if not, i could trade my shiny with it, but what could get me a mewtwo FA?

If its a shiny catcher yes, but a 15$ catcher for a 30$ mewtwo? as if. Mewtwos 30$ Go to a league and see if you can vulture people into giving you the card, I got my mewtwo (at the time it was worth 40$) for 10$ worth of trades, she said it was me, I call BS.

RNG_Reporter

D4C304A5-57CD-4DF0-80C9-439FDD6FEE23-2196-00000280543856E8_zpsece131ba.jpg

teh_original_pikachu

Don't use my avi -_-

RNG_Reporter

Plainfield Illinois.

Not sure if they're scraps. It's the same badges others are going for at the moment also. You must be mistaken my friend.

Last edited:

teh_original_pikachu

Don't use my avi -_-
Plainfield Illinois.

Not sure if they're scraps. It's the same badges others are going for at the moment also. You must be mistaken my friend.

I am probably mistaken, as leagues differ greatly, and over here we get scraps from leagues' past as prizes. Holy Illinois, you are home of the JWittz, Ross Cawthon, and every other big name player.

Swagsire

I'm still waiting on my toxic and insect badge...This is unimpressive. Qwaa ;195;

Pokemaster Ace

I'm still waiting on my toxic and insect badge...This is unimpressive. Qwaa ;195;
I was down at my not so local league and I was asking when I'd get my badge case.... Turns out they haven't even got theirs yet and they run it !! At least you have your case and a few badges.