• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Were Cassidy and Buffy written off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't even mind seeing AG/DP Cassidy and Butch again. They are still more serious than the TRio in DA

One of my problems with them in AG and DP is that they were using a lot of TRio's ideas (building robots and dressing up in disguises to steal Pokémon). In OS, they came up with some of their own ideas and that made them feel more unique to the TRio.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
One of my problems with them in AG and DP is that they were using a lot of TRio's ideas (building robots and dressing up in disguises to steal Pokémon). In OS, they came up with some of their own ideas and that made them feel more unique to the TRio.

I totally agree with you. It's just that now they ditched serious TRio and the writers are incapable of writing OS TRio, we're stuck with AG/DP TRio again which means that the chances are that if Cassidy and Butch reappear they'll be more like their AG/DP selves. Something I would usually mind but not now because the TRio is that much more idiotic.

I totally agree with you. It's just that now they ditched serious TRio and the writers are incapable of writing OS TRio, we're stuck with AG/DP TRio again which means that the chances are that if Cassidy and Butch reappear they'll be more like their AG/DP selves. Something I would usually mind but not now because the TRio is that much more idiotic.

I definitely agree with that. I would rather see Butch and Cassidy appear again then be stuck with idiotic TRio for the whole season.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I agree. They became really reductive and they lost the appeal that they had in OS.

I honestly would have loved to see them in BW simply because they were two interesting characters. I mean you'd think they would appear and continue their rivalry with Jessie and James considering how active Team Rocket has been in BW. Why didn't the writers bring them back?

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
^Especially when they brought in a fairly new Team Rocket member (Pierce) and he was swept off from the show with no whereabouts.

nuzamaki90

A thread like this was made a few months before Sleight of Sand aired in Japan iirc and it wasn't really a surprise because they've appeared every season, even in Chronicles, prior to that episode.

If they don't appear, that's a first, but I'm positive they will some time during Da!

I mean, they probably returned back to Kanto by now so Cassidy and Bill can appear in the Dekolora Archipelago

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I like Butch and Cassidy more than what we have now. They have always been serious and their plans were much better probably due to the fact that they were after other pokemon instead of Pikachu all the time. I hope they didn't write them off. It would be cool if they replaced Jessie and James in XY so that it would feel a bit more fresher. Maybe get rid of Raticate for a better looking pokemon instead. And we will have a winner.

Last edited:
I really hope they'd be written closer to their OS selves because I thought they were great in the OS.

Yeah. IMO, in BF...Cassidy and Hutch were at their worst, IMO.

Seriously, though, I think they were...but then again, maybe they might appear again? Who knows?

Last edited:

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
If TRio's promotion was written better, we should have had at least SOME interaction between Jessie and James and Biff and Cassidy. DP to BW needed an episode inbetween to have a better transition. We'd see Ash at home but with a good amount of focus on TR headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.