• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Were Cassidy and Buffy written off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
During the time Team rocket invaded Unova we so no Cassidy or Buffy or even Dr. Namba. We have seen them at least once per series however we have not seen them at all in BW. Is it safe to assume they have been written off or could they have been fired? Would of been fun to see them work with the trio and have the two doctors help at times

Honeyichigo

The manliest
Or maybe they're going to appear in the arc that largely involves the gang traveling back to Kanto, where TR headquarters are? BW isn't actually over yet, remember.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I see what you did there @ thread title.

I haven't been keeping up with the anime since Advanced Battle, but I've always known they show up at least once per region. I figured they were placed under arrest again by the Sinnoh police, and Giovanni hasn't bothered to bail them out. I think that's how they got out of the Orange Islands prison, was the boss bailed them out. I do recall them saying he did just that after their arrest for the fake daycare.

But what do I know. I don't know what happened to them during D/P, but something must've been keeping them at bay from even the Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma episodes. In fact... I wonder if Jessie and James were given their job when they were promoted. Cassidy and Butch were supposed to go to Unova, but then Giovanni caught word of what Jessie and James "supposedly" did, and promoted them to about the same or above Cassidy and Butch's rank. Ooooh, that could be fodder for some interesting encounter in the future.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
After what happened the last time they showed they probably died in a pit of embarrassment and / or shame.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
They're usually around Kanto/Johto, if I recall correctly. However, Cassidy noted to JJM that she and Butch were the only two Team Rocket agents planted in Sinnoh. Think they set base there from now on?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm sure they will return soon. Maybe they'll have a brief appearance when the trio returns to headquarters.

STICKTOPIA

I'm sure those 2 will be back eventually. I won't be surprised if they'll be back in DA. I miss Cassidy and Biff.

matt0044

SlimeStack

I think Biff and Cassidy simply didn't appear because they cut off many characters and Pokémon from older regions. We didn't even see an older Pokémon until somewhere in the latter half of season 15. They'll have to be reintroduced along with Tracey, the older Nurse Joys and Officer Jennies, etc.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
They'll probably be back, when Team Rocket gets into serious trouble later in the anime against Ash. Surely these two will come by and help.

TicoPokemonMaster

They were turned into JJ&M tier in Pokémon Chronicles so at least for me they lost their edge. I'd rather they not come back

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
I hope they don't appear *looks at Chronicles, AG and DP appearances*

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
If they improve them as much as BW improved TRio, I don't see much of a problem.

I would like that, but then there's also the problem of them regressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.