• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

We're No Angels! (007)

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
a quick look-up reveals that "suketto" means "helper", so I guess everyone thought they're the "Helping Gang".

The original explanation of the R on their shirts actually makes some sense when you really think about it. The right part of the R looks kinda like a deformed ス (su), while the bottom and left parts of the R look kinda like a ケ (ke) leaning on its side, thus they're claiming that their R is a combination of the two symbols.

Last edited:
Now that makes more sense. Thanks Dogasu and Yamato-san!

Heracross

Custom User Title
Ah, much thanks Yamato-san. Helping Gang makes a hell of a lot more sense than Skating Gang. XD I noticed that the symbol on the "Sketto-dan" shirts also looks like S and K put together.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
are you saying you pointed it out before? Because you make it sound like the symbol's a combination of the Roman letters S and K, not ス and ケ.

P

pokeee

did anyone catch the name at the girl???
I think there was a bit romance between her and james....

L

Lovely May

pokeee said:
did anyone catch the name at the girl???
I think there was a bit romance between her and james....
Hehehehe, I like that romance. I think, they had a crush on each other.
James's destiny is different anyway =S

Heracross

Custom User Title
Yamato-san said:
are you saying you pointed it out before? Because you make it sound like the symbol's a combination of the Roman letters S and K, not ? and ?.
Yeah, I did mean that it looked like a combination of the Roman letters. I suppose it could feasibly be either depending on how you look at it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Heracross/Misc/Suketto_dan.jpg

BTW pokeee, I believe the girl's dub name was Kate, though I've not actually seen it.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Oh yeah, Film!Jesse is so a man.

You wager Madame Boss or whoever founded the Rockets watched this series?

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Heracross said:
Yes, being a nice person and not wanting to kill people is certainly babyish. Damn those annoying nice people and their good intentions. >:/

come on, He lived High up in a castle/mansion and Built Giant Robots, and kept on saying stuff like "I hope the villagers like this" in a sarcastic tone.

And the way he peers down on people is evil........

And how come he build a massive robot with razor sharp weapons just to till the soil?

Just use a mini robot with a HOE FOR CRYING OUT LOAD

when I found out he only wanted to be freinds I nearly pucked..

Heracross

Custom User Title
All of the stuff you mentioned was simply to build up the suspense and make him appear evil so that when they revealed his true personality it would be a surprise.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
I just saw the epi and I thought it was pretty good. The only thing bothering me was Jessie's hair. I dunno why, it just didn't look right.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
The comparison for this should be ready tonight. It's a surprisingly well-dubbed episode, too.

EDIT: Or...maybe not.

Also, I forgot how god-awful the character designs in this episode are. It's right up there with "The Scuffle of Legends" for the title of "worst looking episode ever."

Haruka's Swimsuit

Bomberhead 18-kin!
Dogasu said:
The comparison for this should be ready tonight. It's a surprisingly well-dubbed episode, too.

EDIT: Or...maybe not.

*nods*
Just going by the episode summary on serebii.net; this seems to be a less-great dub.
Examples: "Team Righteous," the "old tv show," the "evil Team Rocket robot empire," the talk of "angels"

Last edited:

Squid Rooster

Marsh Squid
So was this episode handled by another animation team? The whole episode looked really off; often the characters were disproportionate, bordering on fanart quality. :p Nice to see a Rocket-centric episode, though.