• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

We're No Angels! (007)

d_dan_n

<= Sabrina!
i liked this episode! i like the stories with team rocket in

HikariTajiri

Back! =D
OMG... I never stopped laughing all through this. XDDD;; Team Righteous indeed... LMAO I liked Prof. Brown a lot, though. Dunno why. Prof Brown x James anyone?

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
I thought this one was really funny!

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
I thought this one was really funny!

Meowth-Fan

RocketShipper!!!
I thought this one was really funny, too.
I always love any episode about Team Rocket.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I think it was good that Team Rocket didn't end up staying in that town, because the show would be boring if they left.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I thought it was good to see Team Rocket act as heroes, even if they didn't mean to. It was obviously a major coincidence that they looked exactly like Team Righteous. I thought that Professor Brown was kind of odd, and I don't blame the villagers for thinking he's evil. I probably would too if I saw a hue robot come at the town.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
TR were so poor no one really understand how much they suffer...

And i loved the scientist, he was very strange without any friends.

6/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Poor team rocket.... they never seem to be lucky. But it was nice too see them as heroes tough.

8/10

I know, but they are the major villians in the anime, as incompetent as they may be :/

I liked it. I really liked that this one took place right after the Taillow episode so it went along with the main anime unlike the other specials so far.

Team Rocket needs more episodes like these, where they're goodguys. 6/10

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
This episode was funny, especially the way they thought TR was heroes. What I find more funny is that apparently the footage they saw is a TV show (Quite old by the looks of it though, probably before any of the three were born) they think is the news, and plus that Meowth is a person in the costume. (Maybe the actor Jessie and James are their grandparents lol).

And the old guy was misunderstood, he was trying to help but they thought he was trying to attack.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was funny when the villagers though TR was Team Righteous and were heroes. It was funny when TR decided to stay, but then screwed up and were sent away. The scientist was very odd... What he was doing to the fields still doesn't make sense to me...

40/100

7threst

I love how these Chronicle episodes are really interesting considering the correlations with the Advanced Series. A episode focused on Team Rocket is always fun to watch. I never saw this episode before so it was really interesting to watch. I also laughed many times how the village and its inhabits thought Team Rocket were heroes ( which they actually were) Good episode and humorous. As expected from a Team Rocket centered episode.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
So the opening starts, and already I'm thinking... is that you, Dr. Tenma?

I honestly don't know what to say about this episode. I understand that Chronicles is all about short side-stories of characters who are not Ash, so they technically are canon, but they act more like filler than anything (which I suppose is the point, but if they're to add to canon, then why act like filler?). They're easy to overlook because of that, and they have their good and bad episodes as well. However, one would think that these stories would help better the characters in showing a different side to them that we don't always see. Brock and Misty are proof of that, even though they're characters we're more intimately knowledgeable about. So it'd be no different for Team Rocket whose flanderizations haven't fully sunk in yet by this time; it's there, but people haven't necessarily complained about it just quite. It's not the first time Team Rocket has done heroic things, nor has it been the last, but unfortunately, those few times did it a lot better than this special did. I was hoping it would be great to see an episode that just has Team Rocket as the main characters doing what they do best in being themselves as honestly good people deep down, since we've had so few of those episodes to begin with.

This is not that episode. Not this time, anyway.

I should not have ever expected anything big from the moment that robot came out brandishing its hoes within that first minute. I don't even know what I was really expecting to begin with outside of a possible Frankenstein plot, which I'll gladly take over what we got here. Instead, we got a whole mistaken identity going on with some woman named Kate being convinced Team Rocket is part of Team Righteous, who were apparently characters of an old television series from back in the day. (Doesn't help that conveniently they look alike.) Oh, how I wish she really was the village buffoon, then maybe there would've been something interesting going on when it comes to the villagers. But then again, they all appear to be buffoons from how quickly they came to be accepting of Team Rocket as these fictional characters.

Of course, then we have this thing going on where Kate crushes on James. She doesn't really seem to acknowledge either Jessie nor Meowth by name, which suggests to me that though she's a huge fan of Team Righteous, she probably has a huge crush on the guy. Typical fan-girl behavior. She had no character outside of that, I don't know why James would even consider staying outside of the fact she's like the only girl who didn't get all clingy. Far as we know, she could be a clingy fan-girl who wants him all to herself. Probably a good thing we didn't stay long enough to see that, because that would've made for a more interesting episode, and we can't have that in Pokémon.

Despite the use of robots in this episode, they're disappointing. Meowth was able to create off-screen a more interesting mecha out of the one they destroyed earlier. For an inventor, Dr. Tenma (Dr. Brown's a lazy name) sure isn't very creative. The giant one that came out to great them was the best-looking, and it did nothing. Not that I was really expecting a mecha battle, but anything's better than what we got next. Turns out Dr. Tenma's not a villain, he's just a misunderstood, shy person who wants to make friends with the villagers. Too bad he's not the real Dr. Tenma, though, then his robots would've had a better chance of making friends with people instead of angering them by destroy their fields. Then again, he would've sold them off if he got angry enough.

So after that let-down of a reveal, suddenly the episode is without conflict in the third act. Quick, throw in the flock of Taillow from “You Never Can Taillow!” that was briefly mentioned at the start! Yeah, now we have our Chekhov's Boomerang! But wait, is Team Rocket going to save the day? Nope, it's all Dr. Tenma's idea, and he takes the credit. Pat yourself on the back, writers, you have a gift in disappointing your viewers!

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/10Neb1S.png[/img139]
A literal interpretation of the writers' competence in writing Team Rocket's characters.

Oh, and though he claims he sent the Taillow off on their way, we don't see that happening. I don't know about you, but I'm going to assume from lack of proof that they all suffocated, and in his laboratory, he'll sew up the corpses to create a monster. Hey, I wanted a Frankenstein plot, I didn't get it, so I'm making one of my own.

So in the end, this feels like an actual filler episode from the series and not a side-story that was worth telling. Team Rocket had a chance to have one of their rare heroic moments, but all we got was misunderstanding and a flock of Taillow. Is an actual mad scientist threatening the village too much to ask? Why bother pulling the wool over everyone's eyes when there's no actual villainy going on? And why robots, exactly? So the guy's too shy to make friends on his own, but using robots in your stead rarely, if ever, works. If it hadn't been for Team Rocket's brief battle with the first robot and the Taillow, there wouldn't have been any Pokémon in this episode. I guess it's been shown time and again that some places don't have Pokémon co-existing with them, but it's as though this was a script from some other show that they just decided to carry over and hastily added Team Rocket in. It really doesn't feel like Pokémon to me.

Well, we can't always get what we want. Might as well write it off as a loss and be on my way.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This is my favorite of the Chronicles. I loved seeing Team Rocket being heroes. I felt bad for James getting blasted off, that girl was perfect for him.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Hee hee, I liked how Team Rocket were mistaken for Team Righteous, plus Kate falling in love with James was sweet and I wish James had stayed with her. I liked how the Taillows attacked the mecha.

Gillachu

Banned
Lol, I kind of liked how TR had a chance to be heroes. It sucks that they blasted off again and landed on a tree near Ash and co...

JudySpell

Banned
I was happy to see the TRio being treated as heroes for once even though I knew it wouldn't last long knowing them. 7/10

Zamin

Team Rocket could have had it all, this was really sad. Everytime that they are on the cusp of being good, everything goes wrong.

I liked the scientist and how he was welcomed in eventually