• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

We're Still an Artistic Phenomenon

LegendaryRotom

Yeah, I wish.

This was a request from a while ago.

From old thread, but it was the last thing I uploaded before it commited suicide.

eh, from my last thread, but I doubt anyone really saw it.

I know my art fails. Don't remind me.

Rika_of_Thunder

a sleepy creature
Your art does anything but fail D8
Seriously, your style is AMAZING.
It's just so, I dunno, creepy and twisted looking~ It's just awesome~
Especially that last pic with cresselia, it is just, wow.
Can't wait to see more from you~!!!

kimy1688

Do the spinda dance!
Honestly I can't really see the drawings but the shading is wow, lovely! So in my opinion, you could do some outlines, but don't say your drawings aren't good because of that, it's... amazingly amazing. 9/10 :)

LegendaryRotom

EVERYONE! Teach me how to draw human beings! Manga-style if you please! That's my goal for the rest of the summer!
Please give me pointers, hints, anything to encourage the drawing of respectable human figures!
-
Thanks,
L.Rotom​

Your art does anything but fail D8
Seriously, your style is AMAZING.
It's just so, I dunno, creepy and twisted looking~ It's just awesome~
Especially that last pic with cresselia, it is just, wow.
Can't wait to see more from you~!!!
Thanks. ^___^ I'm just feeling a little down about my art because I submitted my portfolio
(almost every piece you've ever seen me do on here) and I got back a 2/10. And, the only comment I recived was:
"Subject of art not ideal."

There is NO way all of those judges must have known 4th gen pokemon.

Honestly I can't really see the drawings but the shading is wow, lovely! So in my opinion, you could do some outlines, but don't say your drawings aren't good because of that, it's... amazingly amazing. 9/10
Oh, haha, I don't use outlines because I can't draw for my life. I can only shade, be creative, and make things look ghastly and creepy.

In light of recent events...

HOLY HEATRAN I AM GOING STRAIGHT TO THE FIELDS OF PUNISHMENT FOR THIS ONE.

After the disbanding of Neo Galactic, the Magma Stone fell into much more responsible hands.

Mine.

Last edited:

Rika_of_Thunder

a sleepy creature
You can draw people better than I can! |D
Yay~! More arts~! 8D
I think I may have to disembowel those judges :|
ANYway, I LOVE the way you shade~ It looks so neat~ That big dinosaur thing just looks awesome~ X3

Naomi

Addict of the Knife
I enjoy how you shade and draw the pokemon(Rotom, especially), though your human characters need a bit of work. If you're going for a manga/anime style, some things /are/ supposed to be simplified, so I get that they aren't going to have as much detail work as most other drawings. Though I have some sugggestions for you.

First, when you draw your characters, the heads seem to have too much of cone shape. The chins are too pointy, and the top of the head is too flat. Your anatomy definitely needs work, and the best way you can go about doing that is by looking at yourself and others, and how their bodies are built. Everyone has bones and muscle that make up their frame, so try looking at some drawings of a "stripped down" body to get an idea of how things are arranged.

To be fair, everyone has a different body type, but these are the best resources for when you design a character. Once you have the "ideal" anatomy down, you can create tall, short, fat, thin, twisted, and completely unique characters. Even the manga style seems to have a sense of basic anatomy, so try looking through comic books and screencaps of anime to compare with real-life images of people.

You'll definitely notice the similarities. One more idea in this area: when you draw your subjects, try breaking them down into simple shapes, and then drawing the outlines until you find a good figure for them. It's like having a mannequin, in a way. You can use these shapes to create different poses and more.

You've already got a good sense of shading and light sources, but I do have one more suggestion. Try moving outside of your "comfort zone" and experiment with different styles and mediums. It helps you develop your artistic knowledge and skills, and will make things easier in the long run.

Hopefully that was useful to you in some way, and good luck.

LegendaryRotom

Meaningless nothing update

You can draw people better than I can! |D
Yay~! More arts~! 8D
I think I may have to disembowel those judges :|
ANYway, I LOVE the way you shade~ It looks so neat~ That big dinosaur thing just looks awesome~ X3
I tried to stuff the one of the judge's heads in the faculty toilet, but I think that just made things worse :(
Now I'm going to have to transfer schools. It's a shame, really. Duel Academy has been so fun this semester. T__T
*crumbles to dust*
Thankies! Dinosaurs don't get much better than hadrosauroid ornithopods!

lol i love the shaymin sky forme one!!!
Shaymin + Giratina = Persephone + Hades, anyone?

I enjoy how you shade and draw the pokemon(Rotom, especially), though your human characters need a bit of work. If you're going for a manga/anime style, some things /are/ supposed to be simplified, so I get that they aren't going to have as much detail work as most other drawings. Though I have some sugggestions for you.

First, when you draw your characters, the heads seem to have too much of cone shape. The chins are too pointy, and the top of the head is too flat. Your anatomy definitely needs work, and the best way you can go about doing that is by looking at yourself and others, and how their bodies are built. Everyone has bones and muscle that make up their frame, so try looking at some drawings of a "stripped down" body to get an idea of how things are arranged.

To be fair, everyone has a different body type, but these are the best resources for when you design a character. Once you have the "ideal" anatomy down, you can create tall, short, fat, thin, twisted, and completely unique characters. Even the manga style seems to have a sense of basic anatomy, so try looking through comic books and screencaps of anime to compare with real-life images of people.

You'll definitely notice the similarities. One more idea in this area: when you draw your subjects, try breaking them down into simple shapes, and then drawing the outlines until you find a good figure for them. It's like having a mannequin, in a way. You can use these shapes to create different poses and more.

You've already got a good sense of shading and light sources, but I do have one more suggestion. Try moving outside of your "comfort zone" and experiment with different styles and mediums. It helps you develop your artistic knowledge and skills, and will make things easier in the long run.

Hopefully that was useful to you in some way, and good luck.
I, hypothetically, love you. This is what I'm looking for.
Funny thing, though. I was asking a few other people and they said the heads weren't "cone-shaped" enough. I'll give it a try either way. No problem.
Perspective is pretty complicated with humans to. I think it's because they're so slender and bipedal, though.

I've tried to do some anatomy sketches. Although the results weren't exactly...satisfactory. mmmmm but now I'm on a dinosaur kick so that ruins everything. However, I did draw this a while ago:
If you've ever read 'Macbeth', you'll understand the design.
CARTOONIST. CARTOONIST. CARTOONIST.

OH HAHA CHARCOAL AND BUCKTOOTH PENCILS ARE ALL I'VE GOT.
I want to learn sculpting and oil painting so bad. >___<

I hate it when pictures are so large, they don't fit in the scanner.

Better stuff next update, I was just finishing up the last of my General's charcoal. Now I have a beautiful new set and an idea for a piece about the Triassic era...

Last edited:

weirdy

PokeBreeder Willis
dont change your style. EVER. as for drawing humans...... dont! if youre best at and most comfortable with drawing demented psychotic totally awesome pokemon and creatures stick with it. by the way im not trying to nag but did you ever complete my meowth? :p i forgot id requested it until i saw you online today.

LegendaryRotom

Bucktooth pencils <3

dont change your style. EVER. as for drawing humans...... dont! if youre best at and most comfortable with drawing demented psychotic totally awesome pokemon and creatures stick with it. by the way im not trying to nag but did you ever complete my meowth? :p i forgot id requested it until i saw you online today.
It's not that I'm really changing my style. I'm just trying out new mediums. ^___^
For almost three years the only things I'd drawn with were charcoal, chalk, and pastels.
OH GOD.THAT MEOWTH SCARRED ME SO BAD. It was the most grossly
magnificent gore-fest I'd ever drawn, and I really couldn't bring myself to post it. I'll try to draw another, tamer one. rofl

I can still wave my psycho flag high, don't worry.
Maybe soon I'll surprise you guys with a deranged figural of Pikachu and Manaphy eating Arceus alive or something. *wink wink*

TIME FOR SOME BUCKTOOTH PENCIL PRACTICE

Awwww Voltzie~ I was thinking about getting him a pair of perscription glasses to help deal with
the eyesight problems (due to his optic deformity and age), but he's so vain. He'll have none of it.

It's a shame really. They might...eh...humble him a bit.
A little bullet hole in his conceited nature could do the poor old guy some good.

Mimori Kiryu

I really like your art style. Especially the humans. It definitely shows your originality.

I look forward to more. :)

LegendaryRotom

Good timing!

lmao I was just about to update again.

ROFL i love woodwinds `stache
That's why Kricketune's one of the greatest pokemon everrrr~
It has a 'stache that doesn't look like steel wool~

Woodwind doesn't really like her's, though. :(

I really like your art style. Especially the humans. It definitely shows your originality.

I look forward to more.
You mean the Macbeth stuff and Charon? Yeah, I really like how they came out to. But I can't take Macbeth seriously anymore.
No problem, I'll keep it comin'.

BASALT INTRUSION AHOY! PLUTONIC ENTITY DETECTED!
Translation: IT'S A HEATRAN!

HEATY III ! She's supposed to look a bit chubby.
So don't mention that....she's very self-conscious.

LegendaryRotom

Wow i like u style really coooool and awesome too

Great job
Me? Cool AND awesome? Why, thank you, Miss.

I swear, this is the most rediculous art thread I have ever spawned.

WARNING: THIS IS NOT A POKEMON!

STAR RAPTOR

OH SNAP! I WENT THERE

I definitly coined Rotom and Heatran first.

Somebody's growing on me and spreading like a malignant disease~

Last edited: