• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Were team rocket's capture attempts a little to obvious to escape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charizardtrainer16

lets play with fire
Giovanni never took Jessie and James seriously. They've been failures from day one. And they're not going to give up on Pikachu. Even if they really should.

Thats not entirely true... while they were always sort of a misfit gang from the start, they used to just be the underdogs of the organization moving there way up the ranks until they met Ash... and were pretty successful and struck fear (not annoyance) into the hearts of many until there blasting off segments started becoming a regular thing. Remember: ekans and koffing used to be pretty good pokemon to and were often got off guard by the occasional electric shock and got the image of bad pokemon thereafter and even wobeffet was actually reely good in its first couple episodes and turned into a 'weak' pokemon when ppl became annoyed by it. I dont even think team rocket are all that bad of trainers, they just get the short end of the stick, being bad guys on a kid show, making them fail at everything to prove that Good beats Evil... SHEESH! gimme a break

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
Thats not entirely true... while they were always sort of a misfit gang from the start, they used to just be the underdogs of the organization moving there way up the ranks until they met Ash... and were pretty successful and struck fear (not annoyance) into the hearts of many until there blasting off segments started becoming a regular thing. Remember: ekans and koffing used to be pretty good pokemon to and were often got off guard by the occasional electric shock and got the image of bad pokemon thereafter and even wobeffet was actually reely good in its first couple episodes and turned into a 'weak' pokemon when ppl became annoyed by it. I dont even think team rocket are all that bad of trainers, they just get the short end of the stick, being bad guys on a kid show, making them fail at everything to prove that Good beats Evil... SHEESH! gimme a break

i don't think that TR had ever struck fear into anyone ever...they might have been good before they met ash, but after they still got beaten. theyr pknm are actually really strong i have to admit. if they were in a real battle i think they would win. they just seem to lose to the same attacks...

they arn't that bad of people eather, they never really had that i'm evil. they alyways had that dufoon evil. scary, but more funny then scary...

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
In their defense, they did appear on a WANTED poster in their first appearance, which would suggest that they pulled off at least one successful heist. But any chance at further success went out the window when they started focusing exclusively on Satoshi's Pikachu - their fanatical shortsighted efforts to steal it have been their undoing ever since.

Golde

Always Searching~
*Gasp!* But then we wouldn't have 15 minutes of Team Rocket and their shinanigans!

It's just like they said, a gag. And, now, after 11 seasons, it's really just annoying.

If I were Ash, I'd get an RPG.

"We're blasting off-" Splat. Everywhere.

Rommath

▲_▲
Well, they're are a bit weak, but I suppose it's a kid's show, I can't see it changing any time soon. Some of their attempts are funny and there have been a few which almost worked, like when Pikachu got amnesia.

Champion Jared 14

It's a running gag with team rocket to stop at nothing to get that little pika pal. TR used to be very threatening to trainers until they came accross Ash and his team, and eventually they just kept losing against their pokemon in battle making Ash and co's even stronger, keeping them in top shape I guess. The way I see it, Ash and co have TR to thank for constantly battling them with their pokemon. TR would make things better for themselves if they didn't say their motto in every single episode, but that's just they way they operate.

firelovindocker

they did get yanma succesfully.....
thats about it really

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
Togepi as well, I think. Didn't they send it to Giovanniand he didn't want it or something? Not too sure.

they stole it gave it to Giovanni, in person, then he said...great know what does it do...? they look at him with a blank faces and say it's a good paper weight for him papers...then stuff happens and he has to got leaving JJM leaders of the gym...

but that had to of been the dumbest of luck i believe a fearow tryied to eat it, but it choked and it fell into TR balloon...i belive it had something to do with that...

Rommath

▲_▲
they stole it gave it to Giovanni, in person, then he said...great know what does it do...? they look at him with a blank faces and say it's a good paper weight for him papers...then stuff happens and he has to got leaving JJM leaders of the gym...

but that had to of been the dumbest of luck i believe a fearow tryied to eat it, but it choked and it fell into TR balloon...i belive it had something to do with that...

Hmm, I wonder if Giovanni would have decided differently if Togekiss had existed back then? Misty might not have got it back if that were the case...

Although, now that I think about it, even if Togekiss had existed, Giovanni still wouldn't have kept it.

Last edited:

Dittoman97

Piplup?
I think that without team rocket, the show needs an antagonist, I mean, what's a show without a villian? Ash wiuld just be walking around doing nothing fun.

zsedan

My idea:
catch pikachu, take it to Giovanni, lets hear what he has to say (happened before -> Togepi) maybe he wouldnt care (although I dont know what would Jessie and James would do after this)

Xtra

You will be missed:(
They have went after Pokemon other than Pikachu, but failed. I dont remember one time they were successful.

What about the recent Yanma episode. Though it wasn't an official steal, since the Yanma was wild, they still got the credit for the kid's hard work.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
What about the recent Yanma episode. Though it wasn't an official steal, since the Yanma was wild, they still got the credit for the kid's hard work.

Yeah they did get Yanma but i wouldn't consider that a steal because the kid caught another one before the end of the show.

But I meant that team rocket hasn't done any big evil thing that was successful (by big evil thing I mean the things that Butch and Cassidy be doing).

Sorry if i wasn't that clear.

Marzillius

It's boring indeed, Pokémon anime is really old and I never watch it anymore, I know what's gonna happen in every single episode anyway. The time they were closest were probably the second-last episode in the Orange Islands. But then Gary showed up and beat them.

I like neither Ash nor Team Rocket anymore, they are both pathetic. Ash is simply annoying and no one should be strong just by being over confident which is how he wins. Team Rocket is bad because they are two adults with awsome engineering skills and mediocre Pokémon who gets beaten by a kid who trains un-evolved Pokémon.

PurpleMew

no promises
Yeah they did get Yanma but i wouldn't consider that a steal because the kid caught another one before the end of the show.

But I meant that team rocket hasn't done any big evil thing that was successful (by big evil thing I mean the things that Butch and Cassidy be doing).

Sorry if i wasn't that clear.

Their attempts to capture Pokemon, whether it be Pikachu or another Pokemon from some poor little kid, they are always simple and the only chance they suceeded was with the Yamna but they stole it, in the way they stole his hard work and weakening of the Pokemon.

They aren't exactly good at capturing Pokemon but then again either are any other Team Rocket characters like Butch and Cassidy but every time you see them, they have new Pokemon. So they must have some skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.