• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Were you sad when Dawn left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyrrangers123

No not really. The only anime girls I liked was Misty and May. Maybe I just like the originals :)

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Sad for Dawn left the show? Not at all, really. All the girls go. Luckily, new girls come, but Iris haven't a half of a half of Dawn's cuteness.

Lucky wish

Electrike Fan!!!!!!!
I'm not Dawn's biggest fan, so I'm kinda glad she's gone. "No need to worry" was getting old and I wouldn't want to hear it throughout Unova if she stayed. Thank you writers! You've done something good for a change!

I'll miss Brock though, he's been with Pokemon ever sinse the begining (not counting the Orange Islands) and it is sad too see him leave. But this is what I said to myself, "Build a bridge and get over it!"

@MiGo

Scouting Legion
Geez, i was sad throught almost the entire episode. But yeah i was kinda sad when they seperated with her....it was a touching moment though :)

TabiPianist

'Dis ma game face!!
Okay, i felt really disapointed when she left, but it made it worse when brock left too! Dawn was the best girl. Misty was a bit too mean, may was too shy and ate to much, dawn was girly but had alot of history. It was fun.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Not really. When May left, no one really gave a crap so I kind of felt the same way about Dawn. I will probably feel the same about Iris. The only reason I think it bothers more people this time is Brock. But he should have left years ago. It's not Dawn's fault that his goal changed in one episode.

Antithesis

Not at all, I think she was a terrible character.

BlueVapor

Yeah actually. I thought the episode itself was very touching and sad. But, I can't say that I'm surprised she left when she did.

Dave Himura

Mr.Madman
I Couldn't care less about Dawn leaving the show, I was very neutral about her (didn't hate her or like her, she was a nothing for me XD). So no, I wasn't sad when she left

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
Yes, and I'm still sad that she's gone. I want Iris to take a hike so badly.

AlphaMissingno

Do the WINDY thing!
Was I sad? Hehe..... HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH. That's a joke. I was waiting for her to finally leave forever. Iris is somewhat better, so yay. c:

Dax

Legend
She's my favorite pokemon character but since it was expected I wasn't saddened by it. As much as I love her I prefer it this way. Better to go out on top than become stale and useless like... ... not going to say it.

eryyy

Ace Trainer
Yeah, I was. The whole episode was really emotional for me. I loved Dawn, she was hardly my favorite girl but I still liked her. I'd love to see her come back.

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
No, not at all. Her "no need to worry" line was so annoying! I was only sad when Misty and Brock left.

Kdude146

Yes, and I'm still sad that she's gone. I want Iris to take a hike so badly.

I feel the same way It should be Ash, Dawn and Cilan as a group that would make the best group ever but to bad it won't ever happen :(

Vipsoccermaster

Dawn leaving didn't affect me too much. She was talented, yes. And we knew she had to leave the group at some point. Maybe she'll make a cameo in the future, but that's probably slim.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Yeah I cried - but the tears were probably a combination of Brock and Dawn. I think what made Brock's so much more saddening is that we all expected Dawn to be leaving, and Brock had been there since the beginning.

pokemon fan 132

Cant say i did considering how i expected this to happen from beginning.Dawn was good character having nicely fleshed out storyline as coordinator getting a lot more development than any other character except Ah received and while im sure her arc could have continued for another region like Mays did in BF if writers wanted to keep her,departure was sadly inevitable.

Formula of pokemon series is to replace Ash traveling companions(in general) after one region is over because of advertising purposes and writers desire to add new female fanservice in girl case.Personally i dont approve this approach but as past showed writers dont seem to plan on changing this anytime soon.

Why do you want Iris to take a hike? The BW trio has excellent chemistry.

Maybe because he doesnt like her?
Personally i agree on notion how BW trip has pretty good chemistry so far but in my opinion interactions between original trio were even better providing that colorful dynamic which cant be found now days.

She's my favorite pokemon character but since it was expected I wasn't saddened by it. As much as I love her I prefer it this way. Better to go out on top than become stale and useless like... ... not going to say it.

Would she?
To be honest as long writers would have done good job with Dawn continuing to develop her story as coordinator properly there is no reason to believe how her character would all of a sudden degrade.If Dawn was kept past Sinnoh story arc of being coordinator would have probably been refreshed with new rivals and challenges being introduced allowing for further growth.
Judging by chemistry between Ash and new traveling companions in Unova shows how writers know how to do their job right.
In nutshell it doesnt matter how long someone will stay in this show as long writers are doing good job with it.

Granted there will always be involved mix of opinions from people with some finding certain characters becoming stale in this show while others still enjoying in them but thats matter of opinion than anything else being impossible to please everyone.What matters is quality and as long people are content with characters role in some show there is no need to change anything about it.

Having character stay is more of blessing compared to their leaving ending up halfway developed,eventually forgotten and relegated to status of minor characters despite having potential to offer more.
That is one of main reasons why departures from May and especially Misty were viewed as mistakes among fandom.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.