• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Were you sad when Dawn left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibagos

FairyDragon Queen~
I really did not care. All girls leave at the end of the series so it was not a big deal for me.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
I was upset because I was getting used to her being around.
She had a more feminine personality when compared to May.

super riolu31

"KAWAII!!"
When Brock left, I was devistated. I quit watching the Anime. And when Misty left I was sad, but got used to the females leaving.

pokeaussie37

No I wasn't, it was time for her to move on having been around for almost 200 eps, and there was no need for her to continue in the main party thanks to there being no contests in Unova. Hopefully she's ripping it up in the Hoenn contests.

Now just to wait for the end of Unova so we can hopefully find out her end result in Hoenn and May's end result in Johto and maybe Sinnoh if she went there after...

Turtlestarf

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I wasn't really sad she got really cheesy and annoying to me. Now I was DEVASTATED when Brock left, he was the best how he ALWAYS found Ash in the next region somehow.

ManhattanTheStarr

I was elated when she left. I was barely watching the show anymore by the time she did leave, however. What made her departure the best was the fact that she took Piplup with her. My GOD I hated that Pokemon. >.> Brock leaving, though... that actually made me a little sad inside. =/

Rohanator

I wasn't really sad, I don't dislike Dawn or anything but I wasn't too much into her. I cared more for Brock definitely but it was pretty much the time for him to go and he got some nice closure. Also, I REALLY love Cilan as a character, probably even more than Brock so that more than makes up for it.
And what's up with people quitting the show because Brock did? He hardly had much impact at that point anyway. Guess the show just doesn't mean enough for you.

Aria-Forme

Tina Tsukumo
Not exactly. I didn't hate Dawn but she definitely wasn't my favorite female companion. All the girls leave after some time so I'm kinda just used to it and it's expected. Like other people before me have said I was more sad to see Brock go after so many sagas. But I really like the BW trio so I'm fine.

Comet_Dance

Look Me in the Eyes!
Ughhh... Why should I?
She was boring, annoying and I think she was on too much helium. It's either helium or coffee.
But I was crying when Brock left.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I wasn't really sad, I don't dislike Dawn or anything but I wasn't too much into her. I cared more for Brock definitely but it was pretty much the time for him to go and he got some nice closure. Also, I REALLY love Cilan as a character, probably even more than Brock so that more than makes up for it.
And what's up with people quitting the show because Brock did? He hardly had much impact at that point anyway. Guess the show just doesn't mean enough for you.

I'm wondering the Brock thing too. Overall Brock was a awesome character but DP wise, Brock was horrible. I was crying when he left to, tears of joy that his suffering was over.

This question of Dawn leaving should have been asked right after she just left. Most people that actually liked Dawn are gone now either left the fanbase, stay in her clubs, or just went to a more friendly website. Most people who answered here are BW fans or don't watch the anime who hate Dawn so of course the response is mostly negative. Still I don't get the crying of Brock leaving. His character just got worse and worse. I can't even imagine how bad he would have been if he was actually in BW.

thejt

Everyday Im Shufflin
I'm used to girls leaving me.
LOL.
But yeah, her leaving is just 1 more reason to lose interest in watching the show. Time to go back to Master Quest.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Dawn's leaving was kind of predictable. Brock was always on and the only time people ever say how much they liked him is when he leaves. But even though we are used to him that doesn't mean that he wasn't dead weight traveling around? But to get back to Dawn, she was half and half. A mix of May with a slight of Iris.

Last edited:

revv

Undependable...
when dawn left, I was actually happy. When brock left, stoped watching the anime altogether.

I was sad when Dawn left, but not that sad because PIPLUP WAS FINALLY GONE!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
No she was boring -_-
Brock on the otherhand had me in tears(NOOOOO just kidding)
But still i miss Brock then again he has a life not following a kid over 4 contintents

I find it ironic that you think Dawn is boring and not Brock. Brock was starting to get quite stale and his goals were so incredibly undefined that they were almost nonexistent (much like the rest of the show). I say good riddance. As for Dawn, we knew she was going to leave in the end so it wasn't as sad.

pokemon fan 132

Brock got robbed of from proper departure in my opinion with many things being left unanswered there.Aside from brief moment of showing Brock studying in room,special was anything but about him with writers blowing their opportunity by turning it in something which was mostly about his brother Forrest and how to save gym from PIA inspector.

For instance we dont know if Brock will open day care center or set on a journey becoming traveling doctor as well not being cleared up what else he might need to do beside studying to achieve his newly found goal.

To some people Brock was good character being one of reasons they enjoyed in this show missing presence and older figure his character represented.

When Misty was replaced complaints were worse.

I'm wondering the Brock thing too. Overall Brock was a awesome character but DP wise, Brock was horrible. I was crying when he left to, tears of joy that his suffering was over.

Depends for who.Many people still liked Brocks character being attached to him so i dont see nothing surprising in being sad that someone they liked left.
Personally i was fine with Brock character when used correctly in DP having his moments but he really needed more screen time and chance to shine.

Even though he isnt my favorite i have to say i miss Brock a bit and his antics when flirting with girls having many fond memories of his character with his departure leaving that gap and stability to main cast which his character provided nicely.

Than again i miss Dawn too getting used to her character feeling little sad when he left this show.

Also i dont agree how Brock would necessarily suffer if he was kept past DP.If he got development new characters are getting with writers fixing problems thy did with him so far that would b actually step in right direction with Brocks character.
With development Cilan is getting he could in theory stay as much like Brock did with people still being fine with him.As long writers are doing proper job with someone there doesnt exist risk of character going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.