• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Were you sad when Dawn left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cataquack Warrior

I always feel really sad when the writers get rid of main characters. The only positive thing to come out of the Sinnoh ending is that it gave Ash a fully fresh start in Unova.

Last edited:

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
The only positive thing to come out of the Sinnoh ending is that it gave Ash a fully fresh start in Unova.

And the fact that Dawn and Brock are both gone for good.

Hurrah!

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
Honestly, I was at first. I loved Dawn, she was awesome. I didn't cry or anything, I just got all emotional and everything but it was only during that one scene with Piplup and Pikachu crying that got me all emotional.

And the fact that Dawn and Brock are both gone for good.

Hurrah!

I can understand about Dawn because she was a headcase, but what about Brock?

pokemon fan 132

Brock was beyond stale and useless in DP, which is why he's finally gone.

He was disliked throughout most of DP.

First how was Brock handled had nothing to do with his departure with things when it comes to cast replacing not working that way.If current role isnt working anymore and writers want too keep character they revamp them to justify their further presence in show.
For same reason Team Rocket got revamped.

Main reason why Brock got replaced is probably because since 5th generation send out vibe of being more of a "fresh start"than previous ones,writers probably wanted to mirror those changes with anime explaining why they went back to status of one protagonist and two sidekicks.

And speaking of "boring"depends for who.Many people still liked Brock enjoying in him during DP explaining why they were sad over his leaving.Brock had his moments in DP with lack of chemistry with group and Dawn being main problem(more than anything else).

Speaking of Dawn i have to say recently when i rewatched "Memories are made of bliss"and departure episode i have to say i got little nostalgic and sad about her departure.I remembered all those adventures she had in Sinnoh and relationship with group,her contest arc,rivals etc with part of me being little sad to see her go.She was good character but unfortunately just like writers replaced any other good character(like May,Misty etc)they replaced Dawn as well in favor of introducing new "eye candy"with older ones falling in oblivion.

Sad but thats how things work in this show.

LilyTwo

Yes, I was. I think there was still more to do with her character, and I think the writers didn't give her half the respect she deserves.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yes, I was. I think there was still more to do with her character, and I think the writers didn't give her half the respect she deserves.

You're kidding, right? Dawn got more screentime than any other female character in the anime.

They did just about everything they needed to do with her.

Not really. No one had as much chemistry as the original trio. The black and white series trio absolutely suck. Seriously what is up with the girl always calling ash a kid and the "chef" who always notes battles as having great recipes LOL..

Come on that is pretty pathetic. At least Misty wanted to stay with ash until he gets her a new bike and Brock wanted to travel places because he was stuck at home all the time and he liked ash. What about the new lot. Cilan is a ditto copy of Brock as they needed a chef to keep Ash from starving to death. And they also needed a girl to make it less gay, but the choice was poor and their angles could be revised.

LilyTwo

vespiqueen

I was pretty sad to see my favorite character to leave...but I knew it would happen.
I remember being little and actually crying when Misty left, I didn't understand why they got rid of her.
When May left, I was upset again, I thought May would stay for good because I didn't realize they we're planning on replacing her too.
But when Dawn left, I had picked up on the pattern so I knew it was coming. I guess it's not bad that they replace the girls, sometimes character's can get stale overtime. At least we get the occasional cameos!

pokemon fan 132

But when Dawn left, I had picked up on the pattern so I knew it was coming. I guess it's not bad that they replace the girls, sometimes character's can get stale overtime. At least we get the occasional cameos!

Same with me,i was shocked the most when Misty was leaving because at that time i didnt knew that girls are going to be replaced with many people thinking how original trio will stay permanently.However after other girls started to be replaced like May and now Dawn people were already prepared and used to character replacing being probably one of reasons why Dawn departure was received with less shock compared to previous scenarios.Though cant say im completely indifferent about Dawn,because i liked her to some extent and felt little sad when she left.
Even if character "gets stale"(and i dont think any of this characters was)it can be put back on right track correcting mistakes about it.

Personally i view characters being constantly replaced as mistake.Adding new characters imo doesnt bring anything new on table(aside from new face in reality) causing consequence of many previous characters being left to rot in past forgotten just to end up in same boat after 4 years or so anyway being pointless.
All three girls Misty,May and Dawn have their qualities being unique,interesting and could have brought more on table having untapped potential(especially first female lead which was fleshed out the least).

But sadly writers rather want to use new girls from games to try out new designs and add "new eye candy"if interview with ex pokemon director was anything to go by.

Last edited:

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
In regards to Strawberries' post, if Dawn makes a cameo then I am certain that she is stalking Ash. I mean, she's in focking Hoenn now.

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
Yeah I was sad when Dawn left. She was one of my favorite female characters ever. The Misty goodbye scene was ok but I wasn't sad. With May it was the same. But with Dawn, I hated to see her go but it was normal for them to replace female characters. I miss Dawn and hopeful She makes a cameo in later episodes.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
In regards to Strawberries' post, if Dawn makes a cameo then I am certain that she is stalking Ash. I mean, she's in focking Hoenn now.

I guess May and Misty are stalkers as well. May was in focking Johto when she came to Sinnoh and Misty all the way in Kanto went to Hoenn. I guess they were stalking Ash to.

I guess May and Misty are stalkers as well. May was in focking Johto when she came to Sinnoh and Misty all the way in Kanto went to Hoenn. I guess they were stalking Ash to.

Oh no! Ash is never safe from any of them! He should RUN SO THEY NEVER FIND HIM!

Yeah, I was kinda sad when she left. She was my favorite female character, and even though I knew it was inevitable that she'd leave the main cast by the end of the DP series, I was saddened that from then on we'd never see her again outside of possible cameos and/or specials. I am, however, impressed with the current trio, and even though it took me a while to warm up to Iris and Cilan, I find myself loving these two immensely.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl

Aha, but May had a valid reason for that due to the Wallace Cup being region free, and don't you DARE steal my favorite censor bypass!

Status
Not open for further replies.