• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Were you sad when Dawn left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Aha, but May had a valid reason for that due to the Wallace Cup being region free, and don't you DARE steal my favorite censor bypass!

I won't steal your censor bypass, sorry. As for May's valid reason, what makes you think they can't come up with one for Dawn? I could name five different ways she could appear in cameo making it valid. May's valid reason wasn't any more justified as Misty and Gary popping up from time to time without "stalking" Ash. If anything they didn't even have to use May in DP. Fantina would have been a more logical choice given she's a big coordinator in Sinnoh and could have easily have served a purpose during the Wallace Cup.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Hmm, Dawn coming to Unova just to have a go at the Musicals? I'd forgive her if she rivalled Cilan (C'mon, he could be a MUSIC Sommelier too!) rather than focusing on Ash like the poor dear she is.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Hmm, Dawn coming to Unova just to have a go at the Musicals? I'd forgive her if she rivalled Cilan (C'mon, he could be a MUSIC Sommelier too!) rather than focusing on Ash like the poor dear she is.

It doesn't even have to be contest/musical related. Maybe she herd of a rare Pokemon in Unova and wanted it and decided to make the trip to get it? Everything doesn't have to be contest/musical related. If she ever does come back I hope it has nothing to do with contest at all. Not everything has to be "I came all this way for a tournament to lose to *Insert region girls name* in a battle." Is it so hard to see a friend coming to visit a friend?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It doesn't even have to be contest/musical related. Maybe she herd of a rare Pokemon in Unova and wanted it and decided to make the trip to get it? Everything doesn't have to be contest/musical related. If she ever does come back I hope it has nothing to do with contest at all. Not everything has to be "I came all this way for a tournament to lose to *Insert region girls name* in a battle." Is it so hard to see a friend coming to visit a friend?

I agree Dawn doesn't have to enter a contest or a tournament to come back for an appearance and I wouldn't want her to come back at all if she had to battle Iris and lose.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y

That could be a nice thought on if Dawn makes a Unova cameo...

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

No. That would be just annoying. None of Ash's friends needs to rival the other for no reason. There is already enough rivals as it is.

No. That would be just annoying. None of Ash's friends needs to rival the other for no reason. There is already enough rivals as it is.

Well if Dawn gets a cameo there should at least be a reason. Randomly appearing would also be annoying.

I'd like to see Dawn again, I just don't want to see Dawn battling Iris and losing.

Just because May battled Dawn and lost doesn't mean Dawn has to battle Iris, there could be another reason for coming to Unova.

And, just asking, but what's wrong with Dawn losing a battle to Iris? Iris has more experience than Dawn. It's more than possible.

Nekaku

Yes and No.

No due to her not getting a good ending. She should of beat Zoey and that would of been the first end of the MC's story which would be nice.

Yes due to the fact contests are not in Unova so she would of become like what Brock was in DP.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Just because May battled Dawn and lost doesn't mean Dawn has to battle Iris, there could be another reason for coming to Unova.

And, just asking, but what's wrong with Dawn losing a battle to Iris? Iris has more experience than Dawn. It's more than possible.

I find Iris to be a really annoying character and it is already bad enough that she beat Ash. I would not want to see one of my favorite characters losing to a character I don't really like much.

Mochii

キラキラ☆
Not really. Dawn pretty much annoyed me.
Iris is annoying too but I'll get use to her I guess. But who I really do miss is Misty and May. >:

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
I find Iris to be a really annoying character and it is already bad enough that she beat Ash. I would not want to see one of my favorite characters losing to a character I don't really like much.

Nobody wants that, but sometimes you have to suck it up. Ash can't win all the time, and it's Excadrill who needed the win and not Iris.
Also, is this annoying thing because of her calling Ash a kid? Ever hear of hypocritical humor?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Nobody wants that, but sometimes you have to suck it up. Ash can't win all the time, and it's Excadrill who needed the win and not Iris.
Also, is this annoying thing because of her calling Ash a kid? Ever hear of hypocritical humor?

Yeah, but it's still annoying.

If that's the case, then Misty's appearance was annoying as well.

I'm not arguing with that.

Oh. I get it. Good old biased favoritism. :)

Rex Kamex

thedehydrator said:
I still think it could happen with Dawn since she is the only character with the co-star role as of right now. It's probably unlikely though, unfortunately.

I've always used to say that even with Piplup, she could've been a permanent co-star ('cause Piplup would change from being just one of the 4th gen starters, but to a permanent co-star Pokemon).

In any case, my thoughts about Dawn staying were before I knew they'd go back to having a group with Ash and two gym leaders-ish, and having barely any notice of any past Pokemon, and Ash getting all three starters, and no contests. It's the biggest restart of the series so far, and Dawn staying would've lessened that. (Although at the same time it would've showed how important of a character she was.)

But in any case, while I wished Dawn was permanent (so we'd have some permanent main girl), if they did wanna make Dawn permanent, they wouldn't have gotten rid of her. They could've kept her and made anime-exclusive contests and stuff.

Caseydia said:
I don't think there will ever be a permanate girl or second boy on this show. I remembered when we used to all think that.

Well yeah, with Dawn leaving (she had the biggest girl cast member role in Ash's series so far- although I thought she had the best chance of being permanent), but also with there not being a girl close to equal to Ash in the biggest restart up to this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.