• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

West form / Pink Shellos?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I've seen them in the area where the Daycare is in the Wild Area while it's raining. I also found a Raid boss Gastrodon in a den in a pond near there.

I suspect, but am not sure, that the form of Shellos/Gastrodon you can encounter is based on which game you own. I have Sword version, and I've only seen West forms. If anyone has Shield version and can confirm/deny this, that would be great.

JoeM

I have sword and have only found East (Blue) Shellos and Gastrodon. Could it be trainer ID/game region?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I have sword and have only found East (Blue) Shellos and Gastrodon. Could it be trainer ID/game region?
Hmm, possibly. I have an English copy, and my trainer ID is 095528. Either way, go ahead and add me and I'll trade you a West Shellos if you'd like. :)

EDIT: Actually I currently don't have one, and the place where I saw them is currently snowing and full of Vanilluxe and Sneasel... Next time it rains I'll catch one though and trade you one if you haven't gotten one by then.

JoeM

Ok, well I also have a UK copy but my trainer ID is 377169 (an odd number to your even) so this may be something. Thanks for the help, I will continue my search haha!

SlinkMink

The slinkiest Mink
I have an even Trainer ID (578586) and can only find blue shellos so sadly thats not the factor ^^;

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Oh, I have Shield and only have the East Sea Shelloss. Since there are a limited number of combinations for Trainer ID numbers, I wonder if they just divided the pool in half and gave West Shellos to anyone with an ID below a certain number, and East to those above. I'll check my Trainer ID later. Or maybe they just picked 1/2 the Trainer IDs at random to give West Shellos and 1/2 for East.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I've seen them in the area where the Daycare is in the Wild Area while it's raining. I also found a Raid boss Gastrodon in a den in a pond near there.

I suspect, but am not sure, that the form of Shellos/Gastrodon you can encounter is based on which game you own. I have Sword version, and I've only seen West forms. If anyone has Shield version and can confirm/deny this, that would be great.
I don’t think that’s right. I’m also maining Sword and I’ve seen tons of East Side Shellos and Gastrodon in Galar Mine 2 and the Wild Area. I even caught a four star Dynamax Gastrodon as well as a normal one.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I don’t think that’s right. I’m also maining Sword and I’ve seen tons of East Side Shellos and Gastrodon in Galar Mine 2 and the Wild Area. I even caught a four star Dynamax Gastrodon as well as a normal one.
Yeah I must have been mistaken, because now all I'm seeing is East form Shellos...

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It might be a daily thing because I believe when I was making my way through Galar ?Mine 2 the first time, I saw West Shellos inside crawling around.

Fray

if anybody has a pink/west shellos or gastrodon, would you please link trade with me? i can only find green/east in my game and i'm desperate for the pink one :(

SlinkMink

The slinkiest Mink
It might be a daily thing because I believe when I was making my way through Galar ?Mine 2 the first time, I saw West Shellos inside crawling around.
If you see them again and were down to trade a pink shellos in a luxury ball at any point Id be happy to trade pretty much anything in exchange!