• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Western Cartoon Face-Off - Final Round (1 hour cooldown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderingMist

Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned
SpongeBob SquarePants: 3/12
The Wild Thornberrys: 2/12 +

Krusty Towers is good, and House Fancy only has to get rid of one scene, but that's still only two good episodes out of 272. There's a few more but, the bad far outweigh the good in seasons in-between the movies.

SpongeBob SquarePants: 4/12 +
The Wild Thornberrys: 2/12

what's so bad about them? i think the good outweigh the bad easily in seasons 4 and 5. 6 is meh, and 7 and 8 are just ok.

TheWanderingMist

The quality drop in the writing is noticeable and everyone either got Flanderized or Demoted to Extras. Plus, there was a far greater emphasis on vulgar humor (ahem, Pal For Gary, that one episode with the fungus, and the splinter episode ), which I despise.

Tsukuyomi56

Gesshin Powered
SpongeBob SquarePants: 4/12
The Wild Thornberrys: 3/12 +

Auraninja

Try to understand.
Two shows with some biological influences, what's not to love?

Voting for Spongebob though because I'm a sucker for things like fake-out gags and things like that.

SpongeBob SquarePants: 5/12 +
The Wild Thornberrys: 3/12

If only Kevin the Sea Cucumber would throw up his intestines though (for biological accuracy of course).

Dragalge

Leaked footage
SpongeBob SquarePants: 6/12 +
The Wild Thornberrys: 3/12

The quality drop in the writing is noticeable and everyone either got Flanderized or Demoted to Extras. Plus, there was a far greater emphasis on vulgar humor (ahem, Pal For Gary, that one episode with the fungus, and the splinter episode ), which I despise.
We had Patrick stab a casted Squidward with a net and Spongebob poking Squidward's heart with blood spewing out. This isn't new. :p

TheWanderingMist

@Dragalge Blood doesn't bother me, it's the rest of them that do.

TheWanderingMist

New
SpongeBob SquarePants: 8/12
The Wild Thornberrys: 4/12 +

Tsukuyomi56

Gesshin Powered
SpongeBob SquarePants: 8/12
The Wild Thornberrys: 5/12 +

Auraninja

Try to understand.
SpongeBob SquarePants: 9/12 +
The Wild Thornberrys: 5/12

I remember watching The Wild Thornberrys movie (not the Rugrats crossover one). It had its moments.

I like the assassin from the Spongebob Squarepants first movie. Watch out for those shoes!

TheWanderingMist

SpongeBob SquarePants: 11/12
The Wild Thornberrys: 6/12 +

That's another 50% solo run for me.

Tsukuyomi56

Gesshin Powered
SpongeBob SquarePants: 12/12 +
The Wild Thornberrys: 6/12

SpongeBob SquarePants wins this round.

TheWanderingMist

Looney Tunes 1/12 +
Ninjago: Masters of Spinjutsu 0/12

Lego show can be as good as it wants, but 3 episodes of Looney Tunes straight up beat most other shows: "Duck Season, Rabbit Season", "Duck Amuck", and of course, "What's Opera, Doc?"

Auraninja

Try to understand.
Looney Tunes 2/12 +
Ninjago: Masters of Spinjutsu 0/12

I saw the Ninjago movie, and that's it.

I love the Looney Tunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.