• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Western Cartoon Face-Off - Final Round (1 hour cooldown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

keepitsimple

site of lies
So this will function similar to the SPPF Member Face-Off did. First we'll nominate cartoons to face off, and then they'll face off against each other 1 vs 1 in voting format. the first one to 12 points wins the round and advances to the final. I'll post the rules of voting when we get there.

I'd like to get at least 24 nominations before the game starts, but I can realistically start the game with 16 or 20

Nominations are open. Nominate up to 5 cartoons to compete in the Face-Off. Could be less than 5 nominations too idc. [Face-Off #2 Update] You can also just nominate specific completed seasons of a show (for example Simpsons season 1-8) if you don't want to nominate the rest.

(outdated) anyway I'll be nominating The Simpsons, Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry and South Park

[Face-Off #2 list of nominations]
Looney Tunes
SpongeBob SquarePants seasons 1-4
Bob's Burgers
Over The Garden Wall
Justice League Unlimited
Superman: the Animated Series
Adventure Time
Rocko's Modern Life
The Dragon Prince
Total Drama Island
Bojack Horseman
Ed, Edd & Eddy
King of the Hill
The Boondocks
The Simpsons seasons 1-8
Family Guy
Freakazoid
Steven Universe
Regular Show
The Penguins of Madagascar
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien
Total Drama World Tour
Xiaolin Showdown
Batman: The Animated Series
Batman Beyond
Star vs. The Forces of Evil
Rick and Morty
American Dad
God, the Devil, and Bob
Gravity Falls

Face-Off #2 Rules:
- The cooldown is now 6 hours, meaning you can start voting at any time, but after that you must wait 6 hours each time before you vote again
- Your cooldowns do not carry over to the next matchup
- New rule, you must wait until at least one other person has voted before you vote a second time, even if your cooldown is up
- You may increase the score of the show you're voting for by 1 point with each vote
- You may not decrease the score of any shows
- Don't delete or change your vote after it's already been posted

Final round rules
- Wait 1 hour after voting before voting again
- You must wait until at least one other person has voted before you vote a second time, even if your cooldown is up
- You may increase the score of the show you're voting for by 1 point with each vote
- You may not decrease the score of any shows
- Don't delete or change your vote after it's already been posted

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I nominate Avatar: The Last Airbender, Spongebob Squarepants, The Wild Thornberries, Danny Phantom and Ninjago: Masters of Spinjutsu

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I nominate the following:

Star vs The Forces of Evil
Gravity Falls
Over the Garden Wall
Phineas and Ferb
Rugrats

keepitsimple

site of lies
Okay since there have been a large amount of nominations, I set the goal at 24, so we just need 6 more now

keepitsimple

site of lies
okay so I can just start this game with 20 nominations, I doubt there are going to be any more anyway

I'll use an RNG to decide randomly which shows will face off against each other. You get 1 vote every 12 hours. This means if you vote more than once your votes must be 12 or more hours apart otherwise they won't count.

The first show to 12 points wins, the loser gets eliminated until we've narrowed it down to 10 shows, then round 2 begins.

Danny Phantom: 0/12
Ed, Edd & Eddy: 0/12

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Danny Phantom: 1/12 +
Ed, Edd & Eddy: 2/12

When Danny Phantom was good, it was good.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Danny Phantom: 2/12 +
Ed, Edd & Eddy: 2/12

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Danny Phantom: 3/12 +
Ed, Edd & Eddy: 4/12

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Danny Phantom: 3/12
Ed, Edd & Eddy: 6/12 +

I'm changing my vote to EE&E (unrelated to Butch Hartman controversy). I like this show too, and I can enjoy surrealist comedy from time to time.

Bonus points because my oldest sister hates it, and claims that it teaches kids to back-sass nonexistent parents.

keepitsimple

site of lies
Danny Phantom: 3/12
Ed, Edd & Eddy: 7/12 +

Controversy? I hope he's not yet another pervert.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Danny Phantom: 4/12 +
Ed, Edd & Eddy: 7/12

Status
Not open for further replies.