• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Western Cartoon Face-Off - Final Round (1 hour cooldown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
SpongeBob SquarePants: 3/12
The Wild Thornberrys: 2/12 +

Krusty Towers is good, and House Fancy only has to get rid of one scene, but that's still only two good episodes out of 272. There's a few more but, the bad far outweigh the good in seasons in-between the movies.

keepitsimple

site of lies
SpongeBob SquarePants: 4/12 +
The Wild Thornberrys: 2/12

what's so bad about them? i think the good outweigh the bad easily in seasons 4 and 5. 6 is meh, and 7 and 8 are just ok.

TheWanderingMist

The quality drop in the writing is noticeable and everyone either got Flanderized or Demoted to Extras. Plus, there was a far greater emphasis on vulgar humor (ahem, Pal For Gary, that one episode with the fungus, and the splinter episode ), which I despise.

keepitsimple

site of lies
i liked A Pal For Gary

"What's that filthy animal doing in me kitchen?"
"It's me, SpongeBob!"

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
SpongeBob SquarePants: 4/12
The Wild Thornberrys: 3/12 +

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Two shows with some biological influences, what's not to love?

Voting for Spongebob though because I'm a sucker for things like fake-out gags and things like that.

SpongeBob SquarePants: 5/12 +
The Wild Thornberrys: 3/12

If only Kevin the Sea Cucumber would throw up his intestines though (for biological accuracy of course).

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
SpongeBob SquarePants: 6/12 +
The Wild Thornberrys: 3/12

The quality drop in the writing is noticeable and everyone either got Flanderized or Demoted to Extras. Plus, there was a far greater emphasis on vulgar humor (ahem, Pal For Gary, that one episode with the fungus, and the splinter episode ), which I despise.

We had Patrick stab a casted Squidward with a net and Spongebob poking Squidward's heart with blood spewing out. This isn't new. :p

TheWanderingMist

@Dragalge Blood doesn't bother me, it's the rest of them that do.

TheWanderingMist

New
SpongeBob SquarePants: 8/12
The Wild Thornberrys: 4/12 +

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
SpongeBob SquarePants: 8/12
The Wild Thornberrys: 5/12 +

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
SpongeBob SquarePants: 9/12 +
The Wild Thornberrys: 5/12

I remember watching The Wild Thornberrys movie (not the Rugrats crossover one). It had its moments.

I like the assassin from the Spongebob Squarepants first movie. Watch out for those shoes!

TheWanderingMist

SpongeBob SquarePants: 11/12
The Wild Thornberrys: 6/12 +

That's another 50% solo run for me.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
SpongeBob SquarePants: 12/12 +
The Wild Thornberrys: 6/12

SpongeBob SquarePants wins this round.

keepitsimple

site of lies
Looney Tunes 0/12
Ninjago: Masters of Spinjutsu 0/12

you all know the drill. one vote = one point. 12 hour cooldown between

TheWanderingMist

Looney Tunes 1/12 +

Lego show can be as good as it wants, but 3 episodes of Looney Tunes straight up beat most other shows: "Duck Season, Rabbit Season", "Duck Amuck", and of course, "What's Opera, Doc?"

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Looney Tunes 2/12 +

I saw the Ninjago movie, and that's it.

I love the Looney Tunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.