• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wet Beasts in the Rain

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
Just your average rain team, abusing rain is my game here, so RMT, any criticism is accepted.
186.gif

i started with toed, for, well rain

186.gif
642.gif

Thundurus is a beastly NP sweeper with 100% accuracy thunder

186.gif
642.gif
131.gif

Hydra rest was too good too pass up in rain

186.gif
642.gif
131.gif
047.gif

Spore+SubSeed is amazingly useful with Dry Skin+leftovers, and with rain weakening fire

186.gif
642.gif
131.gif
047.gif
135.gif

Jolteon covered the electric weakness better than thundurus did, and was very versatile

186.gif
642.gif
131.gif
047.gif
135.gif
205.gif

Spikes, Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin. Worked well in rain

186.gif
642.gif
134.gif
047.gif
135.gif
205.gif

Lapras wasn't working too well, and Vaporeon was working better defensively

186.gif
642.gif
134.gif
047.gif
454.gif
205.gif

Too many special attackers, i needed a physical one

186.gif
642.gif
134.gif
121.gif
454.gif
598.gif

Fire weakness was too great, Ferrothorn makes up for it better, and Starmie checks fire well, but 3 waters was not good.....

186.gif
642.gif
385.gif
121.gif
454.gif
598.gif

Jirachi, much better suited for this team than Vaporeon, who wasn't adding as much good as bad. Jirachi was covered to neutral fire damage in rain, making it even more useful.
186.gif
642.gif
385.gif
121.gif
454.gif
598.gif

~The Finished Team~

186.gif

Frogger-Guy (Politoed) (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Obviously used for Drizzle. Specs is for hitting harder, especially against other weather teams. Good coverage, and burns are always nice

642.gif

Shaq-kazaam (Thundurus) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Set up Nasty Plot, and sweep. Prankster+taunt screws quiver dance Volcarona, and other status abusers. A variation of bolt/beam with nice coverage. Lum beats Life Orb, period. Most of its counters try to cripple it with status, and when at low hp, life orb is suicide when recoil ruins a potential Nasty Plot sweep. Which is why lum so great.

385.gif

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder
- Calm Mind
- Wish
Calm Mind STAB flash cannon is deadly, just as Thunder, with 60% chance or paralysis. My wishpasser, and a killer

121.gif

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
My spinner. it adds to the electric-grass weakness, but it has good coverage with its three attacks

454.gif

Toxicroak (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch
My physical sweeper, and another rain abuser. Bulk Up boosts stats amazingly when used properly, sub is to keep off status, and drain punch is for STAB and healing, sucker punch is for nice coverage, speed, and getting a hit if im about to be KO'd

598.gif

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip
Sets up spikes, leech seed+t-wave is always fun, and Power Whip is nice STAB

My rain team, please give some feedback, my team does lack sun and hail counters. Rate Away!

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Shaq-kazaam (Thundurus) (M) @ Lum Berry
- Thunder
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Toxicroak (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Jirachi @ (No Item)
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder
- Calm Mind
- Wish

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

Last edited:

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
Your team is way to uneven on power, you would get waled by a blissey/evo chansey, try a phhysical attack like toxicroak that can abuse rain with dry skin

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
^I'd say jolteon because you already have thundurus.

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
There's a major thing that isn't countered very well by this team: Psychic. Any strong Psychic type (Reuniclus, Alakazam, Latios, etc) could rip through this team like nobody's business. Forretress is the only possible counter, and maybe Toxicroak's Sucker Punch, but HP Fire, Fire Blast can be run, and are usually run, along with Focus Blast, neither of which Forretress would likely survive, especially as a switch in, and Sucker Punch is too easily guarded against, and Toxicroak has a 4x weakness. Same thing with Parasect, it could possibly revenge kill them if it doesn't get wiped off the face of the map first. Alternate weather could also destroy this team, especially sunlight. If Politoed goes down and someone whips out Drought Ninetales, or sunny day, this team's in for serious hurt. This team is much too dependent on rain for its own good. Thundurus loses it's only attacking move except for HP Ice, as Thunder loses it's accuracy, Vaporeon loses to a strong enough Pokemon, and Scald gets halved, Parasect and Toxicroak roast, and Forretress gets hit by 8x fire moves. Basically, WEATHER CHANGE SCREWS OVER THIS TEAM. Oh also, you deleted Parasect's image off the top instead of Jolteon's XD

Last edited:

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
you have a rock and electric weakness with only one resist
id suggest excadrill to counter sand teams, and as a spinner

There's a major thing that isn't countered very well by this team: Psychic. Any strong Psychic type (Reuniclus, Alakazam, Latios, etc) could rip through this team like nobody's business. Forretress is the only possible counter, and maybe Toxicroak's Sucker Punch, but HP Fire, Fire Blast can be run, and are usually run, along with Focus Blast, neither of which Forretress would likely survive, especially as a switch in, and Sucker Punch is too easily guarded against, and Toxicroak has a 4x weakness. Same thing with Parasect, it could possibly revenge kill them if it doesn't get wiped off the face of the map first. Alternate weather could also destroy this team, especially sunlight. If Politoed goes down and someone whips out Drought Ninetales, or sunny day, this team's in for serious hurt. This team is much too dependent on rain for its own good. Thundurus loses it's only attacking move except for HP Ice, as Thunder loses it's accuracy, Vaporeon loses to a strong enough Pokemon, and Scald gets halved, Parasect and Toxicroak roast, and Forretress gets hit by 8x fire moves. Basically, WEATHER CHANGE SCREWS OVER THIS TEAM.

i know, im thinking of replacing forretress and parasect, any ideas? excadrill might work for a spinner...

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
Excadrill would work for a spinner, just make sure he doesn't die, and if you still want a good Psychic killer, go with Weavile, who outruns most everything in the metagame.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained

186.gif

EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP/ 4 Defence
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
The slower you are the more likely of getting weather up. You also get bulkiness so you don't need speed. Hydro Pump is pretty much guaranteed OHKO, Focus Blast for ferro, Ice Beam for Dragons, Psychic is for Fighting leads.
Politoed was incorrect.

TrollFreak

Pit is Awesome :P

186.gif

EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 HP
- Hydro Pump/Surf/Scald
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Choice Specs, put some holes in **** bro.

642.gif

Shaq-kazaam (Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
- Thunder
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt/Thunder Wave/Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This looks fine, tho T-Wave can be used as team support > Taunt if you want, while Focus Blast hits Ferro pretty hard

134.gif

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Toxic

This is Fine

454.gif

Get Stabbed (Toxicroak) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Ice Punch
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch

Try Sub-Punch, with Ice Punch for Dragons if that damn PO glitch is gone

Ferrothorn @Leftovers
Sassy Nature
252 HP/ 212 Sp.Def/ 40 Def

Stealth Rock
Leech Seed
Thunder Wave
Gyro Ball/Power Whip

Ferro does Forretress job better, and w/ Rain, its a great wall. SR T-Wave and Leech Seed are obvious, and Gyro is to help w/ dragons, tho Power whip is for every other situation.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid
4 HP/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spd
Natural Cure

Rapid Spin
Hydro Pump/Surf
Thunder
Ice Beam/Psychock

Starmie is a great spinner, especially in rain where he has thunder and STAB rain boosted water moves. Ice BEam is more useful than psychock, tho it allows you to hit Chansey/Blissey a little harder

Read Changes AJ, they are in bold

ok, your team is kinda walled by chansey/blissey, so maybe you should try a CB pert(no im not crazy, i tried it and it works) > vaporeon, random toxic stall dosnt quite in w/ the team

Swampert@Choice Band
Adamant
252 HP/252 Atk/ 4 Def

Aqua Tail/Waterfall
Earthquake
Avalanche/Ice Punch
Stone Edge

this checks bliss/chansey and other speciall walls, as well as hitting skarm and ferro pretty hard, since those 2 can wall this team

Dragonmasters suggestions help the team, but I will also suggest a few changes of my own in the sets. Putting Hydro Pump over Scald on Politoed would greatly improve his damage output, allowing him to do damage comparable to Specs Latios DM after you factor the Rain boost Toed gets. For Thundurus, you will definately want to put Focus Blast on the NP set so that you can deal with Ferrothorn and Tyranitar more easily without getting forced out. Also consider adding a Lum Berry. This allows him to pull off a 2HKO against Blissey without being paralyzed by Thunder Wave which would otherwise end your sweep, and can also help against Sp.Def Jirachi which otherwise could paralyze you as well. Also, for Toxicroak try out the following set:

Toxicroak @ Leftovers
Dry Skin
Adamant
244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def
-Drain Punch
-Sucker Punch
-Substitute
-Bulk Up

The current on works, but this one can set up on more things, and in my experience tends to work better overall, and can even counter other Toxicroak which don't also carry BU. As far as Vaporeon is concerned, it doesn't seem to fit well on the team. Without Wish, it provides no support, and is usually used as a stand alone staller when it carries Hydration and it relies on TSpikes support. Your team doesn't provide that, nor does it really benefit from Vaporeon that much, so I'd advise changing it out for something like Jirachi, which could definately help out against Latios and other Dragons so that Ferrothorn isn't the only one taking hits from them.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
Timid
252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
-Flash Cannon / Psychic / Psyshock
-Thunder
-Calm Mind
-Substitute / Wish

This set has become more popular on recent Rain teams, and makes a great check to things which might currently give you problems. Thunder also has a 60% chance to paralyze, which can cripple its usual switch ins, and allow him to set up on them. Substitute can help against status moves and lets you beat Blissey, though using Wish will allow you to beat Reuniclus in a CM war if you don't carry Psyshock. The STAB move is mainly based on which you prefer. Just a few ideas to try, hope it helps.

Utopian

faults & feats
^I'd say jolteon because you already have thundurus.

.. thundurus is a better jolteon movepool wise and has good speed AND good sp attack even at a timid nature, while jolteon has amazing speed and an okay sp attack at a timid nature. =/

and if you want more physical attackers, try:

whishcash @ LO
jolly
hydration
4 hp | 252 attack | 252 speed
-waterfall
-EQ/rock slide
-rest
-DD

ofc you know what hydration does beacuse of vappy lol. EQ is for STAB but then you can't hit dragons and then multiscale dnite would be a problem.

Last edited:

murkrowrob

Yamask Hugger x_x
A Jolteon could have a lot of fun against this team :p

I personally like to use Electivire: it would sponge up the weakness against Jolteon and gve the team a more even physical/special distribution.

Looks pretty standard otherwise.

Dark Sharpedo

s tier of dopeness
I kind of lol'd when I read the name of the thread XD
anyways, I really like the team, first off coz Ferro in Rain is like BAWSS. :L
Nuff said, you did good. :D

spuds4ever

Personally, I think Vaporeon works much better as a cleric myself especially with such a huge HP stat. I would run this on vap

Vaporeon (bold) @leftovers
water absorb
252 HP 128 def 128 sp. def 4 sp. attack
Scald
Wish
Protect
heal bell

Also, as mentioned, you'll need something to kick rain back into action in case t-tar or 9 tails or something with weather jumps in (which is very common in today's metagame). Maybe run taunt on toxicroak instead of substitute and give thundurus rain dance instead of taunt as it still benefits from prankster.

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
.. thundurus is a better jolteon movepool wise and has good speed AND good sp attack even at a timid nature, while jolteon has amazing speed and an okay sp attack at a timid nature. =/
I meant get RID of jolteon silly :p which aj did already.