• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

We've had some good times~

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
Well it seems like posting our final 4th gen teams has become the coolest thing out there to do, and I have nothing better to do but to join in. This team is the culmination of two years of battling, combining some of my favourite pokes and my favourite combonations in order to make a team that could not only hold off the majority of the metagame, but also have the power to attack back and sweep. I guess you could call the team style "balance", and as of late, it is my favourite. In terms of successes with this team, they aren't that great, with me going for a final leaderboard run under the alt "Kyle_Smells" and managing to hit 1474 and 48th on the ladder, using just this team.

The team is based mainly around setting up spikes with skarmory in the early stages of the game, causing as many switches as possible with vaporeon and jirachi and then using this support in order to make a lategame infernape sweep, with flygon also another option to clean up.

MDP227.png
MDP134.png
MDP385.png
MDP392.png
MDP330.png
MDP094.png

Spr_4h_227.png
@
Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png

Aerodactyl
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP | 16 Spe | 240 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, - SAtk)

o Spikes
o Brave Bird
o Taunt
o Roost

Starting off the team as one of my favourite leads in the metagame right now is Specially Defensive Skarmory. This thing can set up with easy on so many leads and pokemon that I find it rather funny. Spikes is the key to this team working, as it allows my sweepers to score some essential kos. Brave Bird is run to make this thing not raped by Taunt, and also serves to do massive damage to Machamp leads. Taunt is the crux of this set, allowing it to stop other spikers suchs as Forretress and Skamory from being able to do their work, as well as shutting down some other general pokemon like Blissey and Swampert. Roost rounds off the set being the only healing on this set, as Lum is run over Lefties in order to beat sleep leads/have a chance with Mahcamp, and is good for letting me heal in order to get more spikes up later. SDef Skarm is also the best kind of Skarmory out there, able to set up on the likes of Vaporeon, Swampert and other weak special attackers with ease, while still maintaining the physical bulk that skarmory is known for. 16 Speed EVs let it get the jump on things trying to beat Skarmory, and the rest are put into HP and SDef in order to create as much bulk as I can.

Orange = issue and Red = ****

Ani482MS.png
Azelf: Since they have the possibility of carrying Fire Blast, Azelf can be a bit of an issue. I usually stay in and go for a layer of Spikes first, or bring in Vappy to take the Fire Blast and Protect on a predicted Explosion.
Ani068MS.png
Machamp: My *****. I have the option of 2HKOing it with Brave Bird, or setting up one layer of Spikes, then dealing ~65% to him before dying. Lum Berry ensures confusion does nothing to me.
Ani142MS.png
Aerodactyl: Can do very little to me, bar Taunt. I go for the Spikes just in case he doesn;t Taunt turn 1, the bring in Vaporeon to take little damage from him and kill with Surf.
Ani376MS.png
Metagross: Thanks for the 3 layers of Spikes. Can do nothing to me, and I can Roost off what damage it does do.
Ani260MS.png
Swampert: Taunt, then 3 layers of Spikes. Swampert is such a useless lead.
Ani392MS.png
Infernape: Major problem. Fire Blast destroys me. Vappy turn 1 to take said Fire Blast, then damage with Surf. If they lead with Ape, I usually start the battle 5 - 6 in some way.
Ani485MS.png
Heatran: Not as bad as Infernape, as Vaporeon can take whatever is thrown at her. Still means I don't get the Spikes down early in the game.
Ani385MS.png
Jirachi: Can't do much to Skarmory, but a scarf will cripple it. Usually go to Flygon to take the Trick, and then U-turn to whatever my opponent brings out.
Ani291MS.png
Ninjask: Loltaunt and 3 layers.
Ani407MS.png
Roserade: Taunt as it Sleep Powders, and Lum Berry Saves me. Then just Spike up.

Spr_4h_134.png
@
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Tiny Fish
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 180 HP | 252 Def | 36 Spe | 40 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)

o Wish
o Protect
o Surf
o Roar

Second part of my defensive core, and some some great synergy with Skarmory. Wish Support was something that I had wanted on this team, and with access to Roar, Vaporeon was also able to serve that role very well. Vaporeon takes the typical bulky water role, stopping attackers and being a defensive pivot, able to take on a lot of things. It serves as my major counter to CroCune, who would otherwise run rampart through my team, as it can simply pahze it away with Roar. Serves as my first switch in to special attaking mons, able to take on the likes of Heatran and Gengar with ease, and getting a nice chance to Roar and build up more Spikes damage in the process.
Vaporeon is an integral member of the team, and her shennanigans often are a major player in me getting victory.

385.png
@
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Snubbul
Ability:Serene Grace
EVs: 164 HP | 168 Atk | 176 Spd
Jolly nature (+Def, -SAtk)

o Substitute
o Iron Head
o Fire Punch
o Thunderwave

My second pokemon in charge of causing switches also happens to be on of the most frustrating sets in the game. If the opponent lack Swampert or Heatran, and I can get a Sub up, this thing WILL do a lot of damage. Great to bring on on stuff like Skarmory, then Thunderwaving the opponent's Jirachi counter, before switching out again. Then bring it back in later, and sub up as they bring the para'd counter back in, and begin to wreak havoc. With this set up, the opponent will only have a 30% chance to move when I use Iron Head, which is equivilent to the likes of Sheer Cold hitting. When this thing comes in, chances are, the opponent will switch out and the incoming poke will take Spikes damage, which is the main goal of this team. Jirachi also serves as a general purpose check to some pokemon such as SD Lucario and Scizor, outspeeding them and hitting them hard with Fire Punch, and with nothing else in this team really able to take on SDLuke, I often try and save Jirachi for the lategame.

Spr_4p_392.png
@
Bag_Life_Orb_Sprite.png

Monfernape
Ability:Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk | 200 Spe | 56 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spe, -Def)

o Close Combat
o U-turn
o Overheat
o Mach Punch

The true powerhouse in this team, and the pokemon who it was all made around using. If I play my cards right, I can expect Infernape to get upwards of 3 kills a battle, as he starts a brutal lategame sweep, with little able to stand up to his STAB moves. I found that Physical Mixape was the best varient for this purpose, due to the raw power that comes from his Close Combat, able to 2HKO some bulky waters. Overheat is only 2% less powerful than Special Mixape's Fire Blast and is essential for getting rid of pokemon who might resist Close Combat, such as Rotom, Gliscor and Zapdos. U-turn is great on this set as Infernape's most common counter, Starmie, is wasted by it, and making a U-turn chain with Flygon is always fun and effective at causing switches. Mach Punch is used here over Stone Edge or Thunderpunch for the obvious priority it gets, able to kill off weakened ScarfGons, ScarfTrans and the like, as well as being an emergency check to SDLuke. Infernape is usually the last pokemon that I will reveal to my opponent, as I know just how useful he is in the lategame when everything on my opponent's team has been badly weakend by both Spikes and the other members of my team.

Spr_4d_330.png
@
Bag_Choice_Scarf_Sprite.png

Mr Flygon
Ability:Levitate
EVs: 4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spe
Jolly nature (+Spe, -SAtk)

o Earthquake
o U-turn
o Outrage
o Thunderpunch

Other than Garchomp, Flygon has got to be the best Scarfed Revenge Killer of Gen IV. Boasting very decent attack and speed, as well as a great STAB duo and levitate, it's hard to go past him. Flygon serves as my multipurpose 'cleanup' pokemon, able to revenge anything with "Dragon Dance" in it's name, as well as do a lot of damage in the lategame. Earthquake and Outrage are my two main moves, and are great in terms of coverage and power. U-turn is probably the most used move on this set, and I will basically only use this move during the early stages of a game. Thunderpunch is only there to get rid of troublesome Gyarados, as well as doing passable damage to Skarmory. I would call Flygon the glue of my team, as such, as he is the thing that just does so many jobs for the team, while still being able to do them all quite well. And once the Steels are gone, he is easily able to sweep a weakened team using Outrage alone.

Spr_4h_094.png
@
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Sally
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP | 252 Spd | 252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)

o Shadow Ball
o Focus Blast
o Explosion
o Substitute///Taunt

For a team based very largely around Spikes abuse, it was quite obvious that I should have some ind of spinblocker, and I decided on Gengar for the job. It is able to take on the majority of spinners that are commonly run in OU, as well as being able to do other useful things, such as maintain offensive pressure. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast have perfect coverage (although **** focus blast) and Explosion works as a last ditch effort to get rid of the likes of CMCune and Machamp. The last move I carry has been changing a bit lately. Substitute is great to ease prediction and take out the likes of Scizor and ScarfTar, but I have found Taunt to be a very useful an unexpected move, that can cripple the likes of Blissey, who just love to switch in, and allow my physical sweepers the ability to switch in without having to worry about status.
I would say that Gengar is the weak link on the team, often doing the least and scoring the fewest kills, and yet I need him so badly.​

Just a quick shoutout to all of those people I knew so well and without them, I would never be the same.

Calum: Why the **** did you close TL, man? I miss those days so much, and now everyone's even abandoned pkrs and I have no one to talk to and it's your fault D:< Still, thanks for introducing me to the community that is (WAS) crmt and helping me to get better through your greatness.

Groovitational Snubbul: You are still the man, and A NEWZEALANDWOOer to boot! You need to be more active (kinda like me >_>) cos we always used to have some great times together. AND I WAS NEAR WHERE YOU MAYBE LIVE AGAIN JUST THIS WEEKEND

Kitty: *I so miss seeing everyone. Great times in TL, and even though we had some differences of opinion in my (lazy) leadership of SOLF, it was still fun. AND I WILL POKE YOU UNTIL YOU DIE*

otaku-dono: Rounds off the group pf NEWZEALANDWOO pros with style. Haven't known you for long, and yet I still have had some great time and thanks for the frail tier fun (EVEN THOUGH CLUM BANNED MY HEAT ROCK)

Kyle: I know there is no way in hell you will be reading this, but **** you, bro. You smell.

Fried Rhys: Back in the bld days, you were nothing but another little ******* to me, but I've warmed up and I miss you ;_;. I leave pert in on rade everytime for you.

Hobby: TEAM CARNIVINE WUT. Even though you are a silly australian, it was nice knowing you, even though I never see you anymore.

Salavoir55: Another person that I miss quite a bit, COS YOU WENT AND QUIT

Zapper22001: I was surprised to see that you were still around on smogon, and it was a pleasant surprise to see you still active, after all of the hard work that you put in to try and make bld a better place.

Assorted TL/bld peeps (gren draco, ray, atomic, kmr, shiny bagon, awesome a, key keeper, kebilito anyone else i missed) MISS YOU ALL

Kujoshan, MajorGambit, CROWN: You guys were the best. Brought the community together into one massuve HATEMACHINE capable of causing reno to quit. So pro.

CRMT mods: I guess I have to thank you for all of the **** you've had to put up with, even though I've never really been DIRECTLY involved. And welcome back reno.

Rhys29: LOL IMMA WOMAN YOU WANT ME

To anyone else I missed: Sorry but you suck.

http://oi53.*******.com/2cp8f48.jpg
http://i54.*******.com/30kruw8.jpg
http://i56.*******.com/4k7nf7.jpg
http://i54.*******.com/a1sutl.jpg
http://i56.*******.com/2zs3f6a.jpg
http://i56.*******.com/fbe4x4.jpg
http://i55.*******.com/2h53283.jpg
http://i56.*******.com/2z53sc3.jpg
http://i52.*******.com/2i0ta4x.jpg
http://i54.*******.com/9vk0zo.jpg
http://i54.*******.com/2r2xgld.jpg(blame kitty for shitty words)
http://i52.*******.com/29mactf.jpg
http://i53.*******.com/k9dlb5.jpg
http://i51.*******.com/veu3rq.jpg
zing.png

epicclum.png

http://i31.*******.com/14oggm.jpg
http://i30.*******.com/2bpk7c.jpg

Last edited:
lol "Kyle_Smells", I'll edit a rate in this now

**** I was typing a rate and I accidentally clicked away. Anyway, you are so Gyarados weak. Yeah, you have a Flygon who can revenge it, but without Stealth Rock it will just keep switching back in, and forcing risky switches. Vaporeon does ok against Life Orb Gyarados, but Taunt makes quick work against her. I'd run Stealth Rock over Roost on Skarmory. Vaporeon already does fairly well passing Wishes to Skarmory, and you really need Stealth Rock. Dragonite's in a similar boat as Gyara.

I'd run Explosion over HP Fire on Gengar. HP Fire really does suck. You're already struggling against any Gengar running Substitute + T-bolt since it 2HKOs Vaporeon and everyone else on your team. HP Fire's negative speed IV only hurts you more. Explosion's actually pretty great on LO Gar. It gives you a last resort against **** like Offensive Suicune, Zapdos, Machamp, Shaymin(cos HP Fire don't cut it sometimes) and basically anything else that can be annoying. HP Fire only hits Scizor and Forry anyway. Neither of them can take 2 Focus Blasts after Stealth Rock, and you'll be behind a sub which will force Scizor to BP. Then Jirachi gets a free sub. Hell, even if Gengar does get Pursuited, Jirachi still gets setup, and is pretty hard to stop with Spikes.

good team ging, rade in on pert always

Last edited:

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
Haven't seen many tauntgyara's lately, but yeah they do seem to cause issues. I'll test out SR over Roost when I get the time.

-spe of HP Fire has always ****** me off. Explosion sounds like a good idea.

Mail Time

Banned
yo has your team heard of zapdos??????????

absolutely nothing can come in on it.

Mound

I am pretty much a total nub in the Pokemon community, but I was under the impression that one layer of each hazard (i.e. Stealth Rock and one layer of spikes) was generally more beneficial than three layers of spikes. Seems like it would be wise to either drop Brave Bird (if you don't mind being Taunt bait from time to time) or Roost if longevity isn't a problem for your team synergy, like someone mentioned before.

If your team is about abusing entry hazards, I think that would be the way to go as Infernape will have a much easier time in the late game against a wider variety of pokemon, including those immune to spikes.

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
Zapdos is troublesome to switch into, but flygon can come in and take anything (bar hp ice). Then I can u-turn or w/e to rachi and twave it and just generally **** it up til it switches, or go to ape and deal ~60% or more with Overheat.

And yeah I'm already testing sr over roost on skarm to make gyara less of a threat and stuff.

Lorica

aka nosferalto
128 Spe on Skarmory? allows you to outspeed crocune since it can be a ***** if it's the last poke remaining. noob ging

probably gonna do a full rate tomorrow .-.